Today in hypocrisy...

Appreciate the responses, but my post was in response to Pooter saying that people vote on party lines and when they don’t, they vote on candidate personality.  A California Dem primary is already composed of Dems (so no party line vote), so are Dems in California saying Kamala and Newson were picked in their primaries because of their respective personalities were the best available?  

In 2016 Kamala had a higher profile as the state attorney general than her opponent, Loretta Sanchez, a backbencher congresswoman.  She also had higher profile endorsements than her opponent and raised a lot more money.  No-one would mistake Kamala Harris for a great campaigner, but she started with all the advantages and turned that into a 23 point win.  Newsom in 2018's only real competition from the Democratic Party was LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.  This was a similar outcome in that Newsom started with big advantages in name recognition, endorsements and funding and cruised to an easy victory in the primary.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:13 PM, Biff_T said:

I'd advise anyone considering to vote for Gavin Newsom to choke themselves. 

We're still fighting - I think in Mississippi or Alabama.  One of the gem states. But this is the best statement of the year by Biff.  If Newsom runs for president we'll see just how f'd up this country is.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

We're still fighting - I think in Mississippi or Alabama.  One of the gem states....

Looks like you won round 2.  

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FLEA said:

Ugh I hate when I'm quoted before I realize I made a typo. "People protestors" lmao. Oh well. 

The really sad part is how language and definitions are getting warped or changed so I'm trying to wrap my brain around and decipher that language so my brain accepted"people protestors" and moved on without a second thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

The really sad part is how language and definitions are getting warped or changed so I'm trying to wrap my brain around and decipher that language so my brain accepted"people protestors" and moved on without a second thought. 

“People” is offensive.  We have received guidance that the word people is to be replaced with non aquatic, upright walking, birthing and non birthing creatures who may or may not have a house (or legal immigration status).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From the article:

“Of Emanuel, who sold his home for $14.5 million after originally asking $25.9 million, the Timesnotes: “By selling before April, he saved roughly $800,000 he would have owed under ULA”

So he took a $10M+ haircut on the sale price to avoid paying $800K in taxes?  Real savvy financial move…

• Haha 1

From the article:
“Of Emanuel, who sold his home for $14.5 million after originally asking $25.9 million, the Timesnotes: “By selling before April, he saved roughly $800,000 he would have owed under ULA”
So he took a $10M+ haircut on the sale price to avoid paying $800K in taxes?  Real savvy financial move…

Yeah I read that and did a double take also, I suspect that was still a good price for the referenced limousine liberal selling before the tax took effect so while he didn’t make the Glen Gary money from this real estate sale he still must have made more money by selling at a lower price, either making money in gains or harvesting a depreciation and getting money back when he files his taxes, either way a rich leftist never pays full freight, that bullshit talking point about “paying your fair share” ends right at where they may have to pay their fair share
Conservatives duck taxes too but at least have the decency to say they are trying to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

They LOVE affordable housing just not in their neighborhood:

D.C.’s Chevy Chase neighborhood in uproar over affordable housing (msn.com)

Checked the political slant of the neighborhood, not a bit of red to be seen on the map...

Chevy Chase, Washington, DC Political Map – Democrat & Republican Areas in Chevy Chase | BestNeighborhood.org

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, Clark Griswold said:

They LOVE affordable housing just not in their neighborhood:

D.C.’s Chevy Chase neighborhood in uproar over affordable housing (msn.com)

Checked the political slant of the neighborhood, not a bit of red to be seen on the map...

Chevy Chase, Washington, DC Political Map – Democrat & Republican Areas in Chevy Chase | BestNeighborhood.org

Republicans don't hit on democrat NIMBY-ism nearly enough.

Bussing migrants sanctuary cities they ask to go to = cruel political stunt by evil Greg Abbott 

Turning a blind eye to small Republican border towns with no resources as they get complete overrun = "what border crisis??"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/6/2023 at 11:29 AM, VolFan said:

From the article:

The high-end real estate market got clobbered already, so it was never going to get back up to $25M. The $800k savings was just the push that made him realize $14.5M was a more realistic price.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StoleIt said:

That was a risky click...but the TLDR of the article:

Is that a bonus hole or a shit factory? Lol.  I’m confused.  Inshalla….lol

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66299441.amp

A woman claiming to be a man plays for Canada’s women’s national team at FIFA 2023 W.C.  She claims that she is a real man, but because she’s not good enough for men’s team, she plays for women’s team (can’t call her a woman though). So she’s both delusional and hypocritical.

1 hour ago, bfargin said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66299441.amp

A woman claiming to be a man plays for Canada’s women’s national team at FIFA 2023 W.C.  She claims that she is a real man, but because she’s not good enough for men’s team, she plays for women’s team (can’t call her a woman though). So she’s both delusional and hypocritical.

Well, progressives can’t even define what a women is, so doesn’t this make us all non-XYZ, LGBTQxxxx, etc?

What I truly don’t understand is how the left will say they can’t define what a woman is, and just minutes later complain about woman rights?  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jonlbs said:

“Reinforced by the players beard and a tattoo that read Biff loves soccer”

@Biff_T  is this true?!

3f4881f51bcea28e4af627fd75c5808a.thumb.jpg.a33b9b37e54c3283e47ba0bd1d286f3e.jpg

The irony is,I started the Field Fairies thread lol.

• 3 weeks later...