Lighten Up Francis!

ClearedHot

12 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

IMG_1308.thumb.JPG.645d0b0c6e15b98047c1ca54a6a2a3ba.JPG

We pre-po'd a lot to a kurdish FOB in the hay days of ISIS and Mosul.  We'd be sitting around their bling'd out chow hall eating french fries and orange fanta on fancy china while they would all have their flip phones out showing their latest "coup" videos 🙂 It was great.  

Edited by uhhello
  • Like 1

We did all that deconfliction stuff in regard to artillery doing CAS in the Hawg. Then I ended up sentenced to be an ALO with an armor battalion. Watching a night live fire exercise and seeing the high altitude ricochets from 120mm main gun rounds, 30mm chain guns, TOW missiles, and God knows what else high speed metal, I came to the conclusion deconfliction was a nice idea but wishful thinking for those of us that operated in the weeds. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

We did all that deconfliction stuff in regard to artillery doing CAS in the Hawg. Then I ended up sentenced to be an ALO with an armor battalion. Watching a night live fire exercise and seeing the high altitude ricochets from 120mm main gun rounds, 30mm chain guns, TOW missiles, and God knows what else high speed metal, I came to the conclusion deconfliction was a nice idea but wishful thinking for those of us that operated in the weeds. 

I got the lovely joy of a go-around at Tarin Kot one bright evening in AFG.  Turns out that firing range off the departure end was no joke.  Got to watch multiple items riciochet flying off the (whatever the i'msureitwasn'taBMP) target on either side of us...and 2 items THROUGH our aircraft.  Yeah...they never talk about what happens AFTER all that led lands on target.  Big sky theory...  MX wasn't happy about it...but we brought all 8 of those tails home with combat patches and hail damage waivers.  Thank you Mr Lockheed for the 2.5 safety factor.

Writeup: Missed approach followed by 'merica penetrating our aircraft.  NSTR

fun fact: This happened 2 days after my profile picture was taken.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

How bad are things that you loose a sock?

Somewhere there is a crew trying to find their boom operator.   I think I woke up like that a few times.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Somewhere there is a crew trying to find their boom operator.   I think I woke up like that a few times.  

I was trying to fill a few Hawgs for a midnight/early morning tasking in Kuwait, had a few missing pilots, and did some line of sight scheduling to make the launch.  Later, with the sun coming up, I'm walking back to my trailer only to find one of the missing walking towards me. I ask, "Where the hell were you!".  He replied, "Jail." Well, turns out there were some scantily clad Fillipino flight attendants, a swimming pool and, yes, alcohol was involved. Later, on their drive back home, due to some misunderstandings regarding oil field security and procedures therein, the Kuwaiti army and the Kuwaiti Air Force Security Police got involved.   Nobody said nothing to anyone and nothing came of it. Funny as hell story looking back. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

I was trying to fill a few Hawgs for a midnight/early morning tasking in Kuwait, had a few missing pilots, and did some line of sight scheduling to make the launch.  Later, with the sun coming up, I'm walking back to my trailer only to find one of the missing walking towards me. I ask, "Where the hell were you!".  He replied, "Jail." Well, turns out there were some scantily clad Fillipino flight attendants, a swimming pool and, yes, alcohol was involved. Later, on their drive back home, due to some misunderstandings regarding oil field security and procedures therein, the Kuwaiti army and the Kuwaiti Air Force Security Police got involved.   Nobody said nothing to anyone and nothing came of it. Funny as hell story looking back. 

Ah, yes.  We all miss Rainman.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

That’s EWO to you squid!   That’s the Ahole who got the plate I wanted!

Shut up Nav!   Lol