E-7A Wedgetail

12xu2a3x3

13 hours ago, FLEA said:

Unfortunately 11Rs are their own worse enemy in the AF. Been in the community for a while and the "bus driver" culture runs very strong. Was ridiculed by an evaluator as a young copilot for reading our 3-1 once. I'm not saying this is Demonrats case, but by and large the pilot community in many 11R aircraft attempts to remain as little engaged to the mission as possible, but then laments when positions like squadron and predominantly go to ABMs or EWOs. 

For the record, I’m not an 11R. But I know some 11Rs and have worked with some ABMs and what I have said is the sense I get from both communities.

5 hours ago, BeerMan said:

So you just decided to jump in and shit on the  E-3 community? Classy.

Man, there is a ton of butthurt all over this forum for some of the most insignificant comments. I call it like I see it, and I'm relaying things directly told to me from people in the community and based on my interactions with ABMs. 

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, BeerMan said:

You are a bully, a troll and add no value to the conversation. Knock it off. 

Bro, you need to take a chill pill. You’re the one making personal attacks based on 3 tongue-in-cheek but partly true comments made on an Internet forum.

The E-7 is a stopgap, already obsolete piece of crap that shouldn’t be anywhere around a near-peer adversary, and it’s just another example of a failed acquisition process just like the KC-46. Put that on top of, from what I’ve heard, an E-3 community full of toxic ABM leaders (see Tinker OG recently removed from command) that grew up in a fractured system and you have a recipe for disaster. I’m not being a bully or troll, but a realist.

Edit: I also like how if somebody says something you disagree with or take personally, they are immediately a “troll”, or “bully”, or “Karen”, or “idiot”. Nobody can make a joke, say something slightly controversial, or poke fun at something without a white knight flying in ready to accuse them of being a troll. 

Edited by Demonrat
  • Downvote 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:31 PM, StoleIt said:

I saw the physical whiteboard with hundreds of pucks at the CAOC complete with every color of the rainbow and then different styled lines because the poor tanker patch would run out of colors and have to make more creative solutions when they had >40 lines a day.

I remember them trying to make a computer program to schedule tankers and, at least by my last deployment in 2017, it was nowhere near working.

It works great, a lot better than MAAPTK’s tanker pairing. The old board is still on the wall for historic significance.