Littlerock pleading session?

BolterKing

22 hours ago, SocialD said:

Sounds likes the 2-Star that recently told a group of pilots at Luke the quoted text below (2nd hand info).  I think this dude has put his finger right on the issue at hand, expect retention numbers to turn around any day now lol.  

If you looking in the mirror and say, I'm a fighter pilot first and love being in the bar, then the Guard and Reserve are for you.  If you say, I'm an officer first and love serving my country, then there's a place for you in my Air Force...

Too bad there wasn't someone from the guard there to tell him "I appreciate your recruiting efforts for the guard, but we don't need the help.  We already have plenty of guys rushing us trying to escape toxic leaders like you."

How have generals become so clueless that they can actually think like that and then be so dumb as to say it out loud in front of an audience of fighter pilots?  Is he really a Manchurian Candidate intending to destroy "his Air Force"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

First thing they put in front of me in 1998 was a MOU for a 10 yr ADSC. Throughout the remainder of my USAFA time it was impressed upon me that ARC was the B team and only for substandards who couldn’t make it.
I believe this was an institutional reaction to the pilot shortage of that time. The primary goal (prime directive) of any bureaucracy is self-preservation. Any threat to that will have their full-throated opposition.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smokin said:

How have generals become so clueless...?

They don't. The clueless become generals. I never had a non-flying job in my career. When selected for O-7 (and got a similar speech), I said I had two requirements to accept; 1) must be a flying gig and 2) of course it can't be in D.C. (duh). Hence I'm not a general.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, FLEA said:

but when they realized that teaching a cyber guy air interdiction in a 3 hour lecture doesn't bring the nuance of having trained for AI for years, they just cut the program. 

Bad news Flea. I’m in the Air Force Cyber community. They are struggling to retain good people because…

1. They think they can outsource most IT work.

2. They aren’t identifying and retaining talent

3. Private industry has a shortage of skilled Cyber dudes/dudettes and is willing to pay big bucks.

sound familiar?

• Like 1