2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

6 minutes ago, Dash1isoptional said:

Alternate select. I only applied for pilot so we'll see what happens and with good luck I might join you guys in training. if not, next year for sure! Congrats to all selected!

92 AFOQT/ 98 PCSM/ PPL

I still got to get through MFS, which concerns me, so if that goes as I fear than I hope you get it!

35 minutes ago, nonflyboy said:

I think that's pushing the line since its CUI and this is a public site. but honestly bro, DM me and ill look you up

I heard news from my CC, I got Pilot, thank you though! He also told me public release is Tuesday, not sure if everyone else is tracking the same

Edited by AlexLM12
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, goboldtigers said:

That would make sense except the guy that got selected is also a 12F...

Don’t know how true it is but what I heard previously only the number 1 gets “bonus” points from the board. You can be number 2 and the number 3 can get rated higher if the board values the other components of their package more than yours. 

1 hour ago, SOF_CSO said:

RPA select 94 Pilot/85 PCSM/no PPL/ 3000 mil hours

I required both an age waiver and TFCSD waiver so not really surprised with the RPA. I don't think I'll be accepting and I will focus my efforts on applying to certain Guard units.

Are you for sure not accepting it? I only ask because I am an RPA alternate, not sure how many RPA alternates there are or where I fall in that list but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, FlyingHog said:

Are you for sure not accepting it? I only ask because I am an RPA alternate, not sure how many RPA alternates there are or where I fall in that list but you never know. 

Yeah I'm positive, hopefully with me turning down RPA you'll get bumped up into a slot.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 9:13 AM, AlexLM12 said:

I cannot speak about the training, that does sound fairly unpredictable. As for the RPA only package, I know two others besides yourself that did the same just due to medical/age, and what not 

Did the two people you know get picked up for RPA? If so what's their current AFSC?

Non-select (applied to all): 87 Pilot, 86 PCSM, 12 hours and did the rated prep program. 

Had a F15 O-6 Wing/CC LoR, a Dec, and got my masters this year. 

I feel that PPL is the only thing missing and maybe rank? Only 4 Lts got picked up. Just an observation. 

stoked for those who got picked up. Best of luck!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nolifepilot said:

UPT select!

98 Pilot / 98 PCSM / PPL / RPA Pilot (RQ-4) / 2/5 Wing / Master's / 1st time applying

My cc got an email from our MPF saying that I was a "UFT select" and since I only applied for UPT, really hoping that means UPT and and that I'm not an alternate... I'll post an update either way, but hoping that my cc was correct and that I got picked up for UPT!

Good stuff dude congrats!!

3 hours ago, FlyingHog said:

Did the two people you know get picked up for RPA? If so what's their current AFSC?

One did and one did not. The one that did is a 14F/Information Operations Officer like me. As for the one that didn't, he is either intel or engineering. I'd have to ask which but they all blend together at NASIC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

Woof. If I didn't get alternate that's even more depressing because I've got a 99 pilot, 87 PCSM, and 25 civilian hours. 

Yeah, I'm satisfied I got pilot, but given the scores you and others are posting here, there seem to be quite a few that don't quite make sense. I'd love to hear the reasoning and I think it's something you and others should pursue so you know what to strengthen for next time/know what is actually most important. Scores and rank of LOR writer matter but there seems to be a larger and more unknown X-factor

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

One did and one did not. The one that did is a 14F/Information Operations Officer like me. As for the one that didn't, he is either intel or engineering. I'd have to ask which but they all blend together at NASIC

Thanks. There is a 1LT 14N from NASIC that is on the alternate list. Im assuming that is him.

4 minutes ago, Flyinghobbit said:

CC just called and told me I was selected UPT

93/86/No PPL/21 hours

I had some really solid bullets

For all those that made it congrats for all those that didn't best of luck next year this was my second attempt at getting in!

Congrats!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

So now, does anyone have any insight on when assignment notifications drop?

I assume it's also a full PCS, but for us single people, I'm sure we'll be in dorms and will need to put most of our stuff in storage for UPT/UCT/URT

Usually if you are a late to rate guy/ girl or Captain and above you don’t have to stay on base. Most training pipelines have their in processing guides readily available online as well. 

Assignments start being worked by AFPC after public release. 

• Thanks 1