2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

22 minutes ago, FlyingHog said:

My Wg/CC had to contact the MPF but I still haven't been informed because my Gp/CC is in a meeting with the Wg/CC. The exec did tell me they have the results though. Just makes the wait worse.

my wing exec doesn't know where to look.  any help?

Edited by nonflyboy
Edit: Spelling

Got picked up for CSO, a little disappointed but first time applying as well.

96 Pilot / 92 PCSM / PPL/ 1/2 strat 

Had an O-6 write my letter of rec, wonder if other people had more competitive letters 

Edited by Shultzy22
  • Confused 1

I guess I'm genuinely more confused now because they selected a guy from my base with an all-around worse package than mine

I was stratted above him

Neither of us have a PPL but I have more civilian hours (25 vs 12)

I have a 99s across the board on the AFOQT and his pilot score was in the 80s

My PCSM score is 87 and his was much, much lower

I had the wing/cc (O-6) write my LoR. He had his Sq/CC (O-5) write his. 

Idk if personal letters made the difference but I had several ppl proofread mine and they all gave thumbs up to it.

This hurts but at least I've got a good package for next year. For everybody with a worse package than mine but haven't heard yet, stay positive. As I just indicated it's still very possible for you

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Shultzy22 said:

Got picked up for CSO, a little disappointed but first time applying as well.

96 Pilot / 92 PCSM / PPL/ 1/2 strat 

Had an O-6 write my letter of rec, wonder if other people had more competitive letters 

Wow that seems like a very competitive package and it's very similar to mine and I didn't get picked up for pilot. I only put pilot though because I'm already an F-15E WSO. Have fun at Pensacola and if you have questions about that pipeline or the strike eagle feel free to shoot me a DM

8 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

I guess I'm genuinely more confused now because they selected a guy from my base with an all-around worse package than mine

I was stratted above him

Idk if personal letters made the difference but I had several ppl proofread mine and they all gave thumbs up to it.

This hurts but at least I've got a good package for next year. For everybody with a worse package than mine but haven't heard yet, stay positive. As I just indicated it's still very possible for you

Dude to me this might be a release issue from AFPC….that is very odd! 

6 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

Wow that seems like a very competitive package and it's very similar to mine and I didn't get picked up for pilot. I only put pilot though because I'm already an F-15E WSO. Have fun at Pensacola and if you have questions about that pipeline or the strike eagle feel free to shoot me a DM

Appreciate that man that’s awesome you’re in the F-15!  Definitely going to think on it. Might decline and try again next year but who knows. That’s crazy to me you didn’t get it but we’ll have our moment one day.

50 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

I was stratted above him

This does not instill confidence, but I appreciate you sharing so we can all temper our expectations and not be surprised when it seems like we get an unexpected result. There seems to be nothing predictable to how they are selecting. Not that there isn't a system, but it certainly does not seem that methodical

Just now, AlexLM12 said:

This does not instill confidence, but I appreciate you sharing so we can all temper our expectations and not be surprised when it seems like we get an unexpected result. There seems to be nothing predictable to how they are selecting. Not that there isn't a system, but it certainly does not seem that methodical

yeah i still haven't heard anything.  But the only thing i can think of in this situation is whole airman?   So sorry man, best of luck if you decline and reapply

17 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

How do you mean? Like they accidentally released the wrong names or made a mistake? 

Like AFPC didn’t release you from the career field of 12f. I could be very wrong it just seems odd you wouldn’t get selected over the other one. 

I’ve heard of this happening in my career field. Guy got 1/6 and they picked the 2 and 3 and didn’t release the number 1 due to manning shortages in his current AFSC. 

Edited by Flyinghobbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyinghobbit said:

Like AFPC didn’t release you from the career field of 12f. I could be very wrong it just seems odd you wouldn’t get selected over the other one. 

I’ve heard of this happening in my career field. Guy got 1/6 and they picked the 2 and 3 and didn’t release the number 1 due to manning shortages in his current AFSC. 

That would make sense except the guy that got selected is also a 12F...

50 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

Also if anyone is able to get a screenshot of the results, could they post it? Not sure if that would be allowed, but it WILL be publically released soon. Only asking because alot of us still don't have access to the PDSM

I think that's pushing the line since its CUI and this is a public site. but honestly bro, DM me and ill look you up

4 minutes ago, FlyingHog said:

Well, I was just informed that I am an alternate. I only applied for RPA so I don't see anyone being medically disqualified or turning it down so good luck to everyone else.

What were your stats? My sq/cc didn't see the alternate list so idk if I made that