2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

58 minutes ago, Elaroh said:

iirc, he had great scores but no ppl.  Maybe it really makes that huge of a difference.  Sorry to hear it Bean.

Good luck to those that haven't heard anything yet.

Sorry to hear Bean, did you only put in for Pilot? I'm surprised they wouldn't have given you CSO, ABM or RPA. Anxious just like everyone else.

6 minutes ago, FlyHI said:

I got selected for pilot. Good luck to the rest of y'all. Hope to see some of you in training.

Even if you didn't get selected just know that there is next year too.

Congrats man!! First good news of the forum. Can I ask what your scores were?

2 hours ago, dillonberg92 said:

I too am much less confident. I would love to know what gets weighed heavier at the board. Career field release is a big obstacle as well.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I was wondering how and if career field release is taken into consideration. I am hoping that the "pilot shortage" would trump that if the candidate is a good fit for pilot

Sorry to hear Bean, did you only put in for Pilot? I'm surprised they wouldn't have given you CSO, ABM or RPA. Anxious just like everyone else.

I put all 4. Thought I would at least get something, but unfortunately no. Scores were decent, but no ppl and have only been in the AF for 1 year. Just gonna prep myself for next year

8 hours ago, Beans said:

I put all 4. Thought I would at least get something, but unfortunately no. Scores were decent, but no ppl and have only been in the AF for 1 year. Just gonna prep myself for next year

Hey man you got loads of time left. 1st year Lts are rare selects. Reach out to the org box and ask for feedback. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

Bummer. Didn't get picked up

99 pilot, 87 PCSM, stratted 2nd from the wing, Wing/CC wrote my LoR, but no PPL. 5th year in the AF but first time applying. I knew not having not a PPL could hurt but I was hopeful because I thought I had a good application otherwise

Sorry to hear that.  I went through the same scenario a few years ago and was pretty bummed.

Stay positive, get that PPL and apply again this year; sounds like you've got a great package, so you'll get it next time!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

99 pilot, 87 PCSM, stratted 2nd from the wing, Wing/CC wrote my LoR, but no PPL. 5th year in the AF but first time applying. I knew not having not a PPL could hurt but I was hopeful because I thought I had a good application otherwise

Dang! I don’t have a PPL either and wondering if they switched to a more PPL or bust. Second out of? This is rough. 

10 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

Damn man. I’m sorry to hear that. Definitely keep applying and keep your head up. 

7 minutes ago, Flyinghobbit said:

Dang! I don’t have a PPL either and wondering if they switched to a more PPL or bust. Second out of? This is rough. 

I don't have mine either, but I was #1/2, 500 military flying hours, and had a rec letter from an O-8.