2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

Latest update from the portal: "Staffing on the PSDM is complete and it is currently with our Directorate Chief for final approval. As soon as I get the final approval, I will get it sent out to commanders/MPFs via myPers Secure. No exact date/time other than ASAP once approved. I'll post a note here on the portal once it goes out."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sunny said:

Orders were dated 29 March 2022,
MFS was beginning of March, IFT at the end of April to the end of May, PCS'd mid-October. The 4 months between end of IFT before the PCS from the losing unit were a little chaotic...fully expect productivity in your current AFSC to drop off to 0

Thanks for the info! Did you pick your MFS date or did they assign it? Was it the earliest you could or did you delay it for any reason? Also, did you hear of the timelines for anyone who did not need to go to IFT?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlexLM12 said:

Thanks for the info! Did you pick your MFS date or did they assign it? Was it the earliest you could or did you delay it for any reason? Also, did you hear of the timelines for anyone who did not need to go to IFT?

They ended up giving me an original MFS date that didn’t work with short notice schedules/flights coming from overseas. I reached out to AFPC and requested some flexibility - they were really willing to work with scheduling to get things shifted around to accommodate life events, travel and leave en route within a couple days of the request. 

Not sure on the timeline for those who didn’t need to go through IFT. Based on the results and timeline from last year, I suspect you’d hit MFS in March/April, then wait for orders to shake down for your PCS late 2023. Pure speculation, but I can ask around our class and ask if there’s anything else to pass along for those circumventing IFT and if there’s any left shift to UPT RNLTD. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunny said:

They ended up giving me an original MFS date that didn’t work with short notice schedules/flights coming from overseas. I reached out to AFPC and requested some flexibility - they were really willing to work with scheduling to get things shifted around to accommodate life events, travel and leave en route within a couple days of the request. 

Not sure on the timeline for those who didn’t need to go through IFT. Based on the results and timeline from last year, I suspect you’d hit MFS in March/April, then wait for orders to shake down for your PCS late 2023. Pure speculation, but I can ask around our class and ask if there’s anything else to pass along for those circumventing IFT and if there’s any left shift to UPT RNLTD. 

Thanks again, and yes please! If anyone did, I'd appreciate the info. Late 2023 makes sense, but just trying to project the likelihood of getting moved up due to no IFT. I'm actually hoping it does not, as I have some major life events this summer, but just trying to forecast, and I'm sure many selects will also already have their PPL. I'm glad to hear that AFPC was flexible with the MFS though. I'm already at Wright-Patt, so hopefully they can get me in ASAP. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

Thanks again, and yes please! If anyone did, I'd appreciate the info. Late 2023 makes sense, but just trying to project the likelihood of getting moved up due to no IFT. I'm actually hoping it does not, as I have some major life events this summer, but just trying to forecast, and I'm sure many selects will also already have their PPL. I'm glad to hear that AFPC was flexible with the MFS though. I'm already at Wright-Patt, so hopefully they can get me in ASAP. 

If it means anything, a couple guys in my squadron that got picked up last year that didn't go to IFT PCS'ed around August/September

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know the process for URT? I know it includes IFT but after that it seems to be a free for all. I've been told it is a PCS to the ultimate duty station and then TDY for training. I've been told it is a TDY from current duty station for training and then PCS to ultimate duty station after training. Lastly I have been told it is a PCS to Randolph, TDY to IFT and then TDY enroute to ultimate duty station.

How many of you put RPA as an option on the packet? I only selected RPA, trying to figure out chances of being in the 10 selected.

14 minutes ago, FlyingHog said:

Does anyone know the process for URT? I know it includes IFT but after that it seems to be a free for all. I've been told it is a PCS to the ultimate duty station and then TDY for training. I've been told it is a TDY from current duty station for training and then PCS to ultimate duty station after training. Lastly I have been told it is a PCS to Randolph, TDY to IFT and then TDY enroute to ultimate duty station.

How many of you put RPA as an option on the packet? I only selected RPA, trying to figure out chances of being in the 10 selected.

I cannot speak about the training, that does sound fairly unpredictable. As for the RPA only package, I know two others besides yourself that did the same just due to medical/age, and what not 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FlyingHog said:

I was just talking to some new guys at the squadron that PCSd to their duty station first and went TDY to all the trainings. When I went through the pipeline, I PCSd to Randolph first and everything else was a TDY until I PCSd to my duty station. Big Air Force goes back and forth with this so its really hard to tell. The new guys said “rumors are that everyone going through the pipeline now is PCSing first to Randolph”, but that can change by the time you go through it!

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 12:00 PM, dillonberg92 said:

So here's my logic...

Last year's (2021) application due date was Oct 5th, and the results were sent to commanders January 11th, with the official release on PSDM January 18th open to all members to view. This last year's board application due date was Oct 4th (2022), so if using the same timeline, the date commanders would be notified would land on January 10th with it posted on the 17th on PSDM.

Also, the member who commented a while ago who actually posts the results on PSDM said 2.5 - 3 weeks from when the board made their decisions (Dec 20th) is when they are expecting to post it. Jan 10th would be the 3 week mark, so.....

Using all that overanalysis, and knowing what I know about the AF, I'm watching my CC reeeeaaal hard starting tomorrow emoji28.png

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

If your overanalysis is correct... Today's the day boys and girls!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FlyingHog said:

All URT people will PCS to Randolph for the time being. You’ll get a “drop night” it’s probably gunna look like this 99% MQ-9s 30%creech 30%canon 30%somewhere else 

You’ll TDY to your training assignments and yes they bringing back IFT for the time being: after seeing how all around poorly everyone who didn’t have any background in flying and who didn’t go did/are doing

I’d reckon you’d get it if you applied. Although our manning number are looking better, RPAs are still mostly inexperienced Lts. The glut is pretty substantial. On top of that they don’t really have a vision for what to do with RPAs in the next 10 years let alone 18xers. good luck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyinghobbit said:

I assume everything is happening east coast time. That means it’s 1545 we have 1 hour and 15 minutes before I give up hope on today being the day. 

AFPC is on central time my brother we got an extra hour of hope

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dash1isoptional said:

I've been refreshing the forum and the rated assignment portal all day at work. I'm going crazy! I think it'll be tomorrow, they dropped it on Jan 11th last year.

Same. I am driving myself crazy. Now I am thinking something is happening because it will not load right!😅