2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

On 11/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, CptCrunch said:

Is this the first year where superscoring and the flight hour caps are implemented into the PCSM? I read somewhere that PCSM/AFOQT scores were going to be higher on average because of the change.

I wonder what the avg scores will be this year if anybody could share any insight or their scores. Looking to apply for the next board (have my PPL). Thanks!

AFOQT/PCSM/PPL/STRAT

I’m 90 Afoqt 86 pcsm. My score went up significantly with the new update. We’ll definitely see some higher average scores this board!

Is this the first year where superscoring and the flight hour caps are implemented into the PCSM? I read somewhere that PCSM/AFOQT scores were going to be higher on average because of the change.
I wonder what the avg scores will be this year if anybody could share any insight or their scores. Looking to apply for the next board (have my PPL). Thanks!
AFOQT/PCSM/PPL/STRAT

I got 94 AFOQT and 94 PCSM, but not ppl (hoping for the best with it being my first board). Having that ppl with good scores increases your chance a good deal. At least that’s what the stats show.

10 minutes ago, Beans said:

I got 94 AFOQT and 94 PCSM, but not ppl (hoping for the best with it being my first board). Having that ppl with good scores increases your chance a good deal. At least that’s what the stats show.

No PPL for me as well; 98 AFOQT and 90 PCSM. First… and technically last time I can apply lol. In terms of strat… 1 of 1 haha. Not sure how that impacts the order of merit. Hoping for the best for us!

Edited by DonnieDucko
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DonnieDucko said:

No PPL for me as well; 98 AFOQT and 90 PCSM. First… and technically last time I can apply lol. In terms of strat… 1 of 1 haha. Not sure how that impacts the order of merit. Hoping for the best for us!

First and last because of age?

3 hours ago, Beaux said:

First and last because of age?

I’m at 7 years of service. I was told I don’t really have a chance of getting a waiver next year (hopefully that was false info). I’ll still fight for it if I need to next year. 

Edited by DonnieDucko

1 hour ago, DonnieDucko said:

I’m at 7 years of service. I was told I don’t really have a chance of getting a waiver next year (hopefully that was false info). I’ll still fight for it if I need to next year. 

Nah bro you’re getting picked up this year 🤙

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DonnieDucko said:

FYSA There was about 13 TFCSD waiver applicants, including myself. I only saw 3 denied. 

• Like 1

I feel so honored to be going through this process with y'all!! 🥰 It's really nice knowing that we're all going through the same shitshow together haha. It's my first year eligible/applying but I've wanted to be an Air Force pilot since I was 5 years old and I'll apply to every single board until they forcibly tell me to stop 😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DonnieDucko said:

WE are definitely getting it this year lol. It’s my first time applying too. I’d be in the same boat next year. But I’d still apply!

• Upvote 1

It’s a little nerve racking applying as a 2d Lt with only 1 year in the military because I don’t have that level of leadership experience others may have in their package. I feel confident in my package, but its only based on 1 years work. Hoping my letter of Rec and personal letter save the day lol

3 hours ago, Beans said:

It’s a little nerve racking applying as a 2d Lt with only 1 year in the military because I don’t have that level of leadership experience others may have in their package. I feel confident in my package, but it’s only based on 1 years work. Hoping my letter of Rec and personal letter save the day lol

I think it’s nerve racking no matter where you are on the spectrum Lol.  They say they look at the whole airmen. So hoping that’s true. 

• Like 1

Anybody have any insight to the number of slots this year? Read 40 on here but that seems very low. I know training is extremely backed up but wouldn't they still take more and just push our dates back?

First time applying, 96 AFOQT 92 PCSM and PPL. Strat 1/2

Edited by Shultzy22

On 11/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, Beaux said:

Heard that the board was able to find more slots than originally forecasted but that’s it. No exact numbers.

man "able to find more slots" i really hope that was based off the projected 100 and not this 40 number that's getting tossed around.  Are you able to elaborate any more?

And I didn't know this forum existed, i found it via reddit under the 2021 UFT board thread.

On 11/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, Beans said:

It’s a little nerve racking applying as a 2d Lt with only 1 year in the military because I don’t have that level of leadership experience others may have in their package. I feel confident in my package, but its only based on 1 years work. Hoping my letter of Rec and personal letter save the day lol

I was in your shoes ~3 years ago. Scores and letter of rec were my saving grace too. My board had 7/62 2d Lts selected for pilot, including myself. The board works in mysterious ways💫

On 11/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, CptCrunch said:

AFOQT/PCSM/PPL/STRAT

I think this is the first year they are applying all the new scores into the PCSM, so most likely the averages are going to be higher. Im currently rated and its the first time I'm able to apply so fingers crossed. Good luck applying next year, just use this time to retake any tests to really max out your chances and make it very difficult for them to say no!

92 AFOQT/ 98 PCSM/ PPL+ Instrument/ 1/7 strat

• Like 1