2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, nickglover98 said:

Is it too late to start putting a packet together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on whether your wing requested packages early. It's not too early at all as everything is due at the beginning of October but some wings like to rack and stack the packages very early. Plus you need to get your IFC 1 started asap if you want to apply. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2022 at 11:58 PM, wampum66 said:

Anyone heard any info on how many slots there will be for this year?

Pure speculation, but 100 people were selected last year and the demand for pilots since then has only gone up right? So I'm hoping for at least 100. The FAQ says they get 200-300 applications per cycle so I'm hoping that's good news for all of us!

Question for everyone: Myself and a few other people from my sqdn are applying for non-medical ETPs - 1 for age and 2 for being below the 2.5 years of required rated time in service. Our wing required our ETP packages back in May and then pushed the package up to Majcom/A1. A1 has pushed them back down a few times for various items (missing a space per the Tongue and Quill, AFOQT and PCSM scores not attached despite being annotated on the 215 and not being officially required as per the pdsm) and we haven't heard anything for a month or so. Has anyone had any experience with this and can offer an idea of a timeline? Starting to get worried about an October deadline even though I submitted the package back in May.

I'm sure they'll get back to you before the deadline. I know some guys who are still working their medical because flight med wouldn't even get them started until last month. Sounds like a lot of people are having issues with this board. And hopefully you all have more than the 100 selects we did last year but the pipeline is getting pretty full.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SOF_CSO said:

Doesn't seem to be nearly as much activity on this board as there was for the previous Active Duty Flying Training Boards here. Are less people using this forum these days?

I noticed that too, I'm wondering if as the board and results get closer we'll see more activity? 

On 8/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, nolifepilot said:

Question for everyone: Myself and a few other people from my sqdn are applying for non-medical ETPs - 1 for age and 2 for being below the 2.5 years of required rated time in service. Our wing required our ETP packages back in May and then pushed the package up to Majcom/A1. A1 has pushed them back down a few times for various items (missing a space per the Tongue and Quill, AFOQT and PCSM scores not attached despite being annotated on the 215 and not being officially required as per the pdsm) and we haven't heard anything for a month or so. Has anyone had any experience with this and can offer an idea of a timeline? Starting to get worried about an October deadline even though I submitted the package back in May.

If anyone has a similar situation in the future as I had, I ended up reaching out to my majcom/A1 to check on the status of the ETPs. They had completed the ETPs the day they received them but just hadn't sent them back yet. Mr. Hornburg was extremely helpful in hooking me up with their contact info. A whole 3 months of worrying over nothing 😂

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Vice said:

Very strange that there is over 20 times more views from the 2022 AD board thread and this one, and that one has over 40x more replies.

A large portion of views probably takes place closer to results release as people are curious if anyone has heard anything. 

There may not be as many first-time applicants this year with questions. I didn’t feel the need to ask any questions since my package this year was mostly a rinse and repeat of the last. 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:50 AM, Beaux said:

Heard from a pretty reliable source there will be 40 slots. Hoping that’s not true and there is more. 

AFROTC is holding onto their rated board results pending some decision at HAF/A1. But ENJJPT is already really backed up (ROTC cadets are being told they'll wait a year to go active duty, then upwards of another year casual before they even start UPT). 

Word on the street is that we don't have the capacity to train the people already in the pipeline, so we're giving out fewer pilot slots. Which seems counter- productive when you have a pilot shortage... but I don't work in A1.

37 minutes ago, pawnman said:

AFROTC is holding onto their rated board results pending some decision at HAF/A1. But ENJJPT is already really backed up (ROTC cadets are being told they'll wait a year to go active duty, then upwards of another year casual before they even start UPT). 

Word on the street is that we don't have the capacity to train the people already in the pipeline, so we're giving out fewer pilot slots. Which seems counter- productive when you have a pilot shortage... but I don't work in A1.

I'm at Columbus and we've been having holds in training upwards of a month for some studs. Now they've started putting people on admin hold before they start class to push them back and smooth out the pipeline. Also, they're only giving 3 T-38 slots for active duty per class and unless they have internationals then it could be less. 

Heard from a pretty reliable source there will be 40 slots. Hoping that’s not true and there is more. 

I heard the amount of slots were gonna be pretty similar to last year, but I guess you never really know.

First time applicant here and just hoping for the best. Pretty crazy to think about how our futures will be decided this well lol

For those who applied for an ETP from A1 (age, TFCSD, ADSC, etc), you should have received an email from AFPC/DP2OR today with the approval status memo that went to the board.

If you didn’t for some reason but should have, feel free to DM me your NIPR and I can forward it. 

Is this the first year where superscoring and the flight hour caps are implemented into the PCSM? I read somewhere that PCSM/AFOQT scores were going to be higher on average because of the change.

I wonder what the avg scores will be this year if anybody could share any insight or their scores. Looking to apply for the next board (have my PPL). Thanks!

AFOQT/PCSM/PPL/STRAT