2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

33 minutes ago, Beans said:

Man hearing that there may only be 40 slots makes me more nervous then I already was lol
But at the same time, hopefully they are just rumors and no one really knows

Welcome to the board man. @Elijah so I’m not the only one who heard the 40 news! My fingers are still crossed. 
Our wing told us the number in the sense of tempering expectations for the board since we had a lot of applications. Basically don’t forget to figure out plan B and C. So here’s to waiting some more lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beaux said:

Welcome to the board man. @Elijah so I’m not the only one who heard the 40 news! My fingers are still crossed. 
Our wing told us the number in the sense of tempering expectations for the board since we had a lot of applications. Basically don’t forget to figure out plan B and C. So here’s to waiting some more lol

Thanks dude! Yea the holidays and assignments makes sense. 

as for the wait after selection, past couple guys to get picked up out of my wing were about the same. 9 or so month wait after selection. But I’d think that would depend on where you are going and how backed up the pipeline is at the base you get sent to.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, Beaux said:

Unfortunately no. They same source who told me there were 40 slots told me the board was able to find more. But everything is speculation until we get official word. 
Welcome to the forum. I was a long time lurker before I became a member to post. 

man looks like a few others also heard this rumor.  Which sucks, because we were being told to expect the same amount as last year (which was 100).  So best of luck to everyone....now we wait.

The PDSM for the FY22 results says that "officers who accept selection will be scheduled for training at the earliest possible date consistent with their age, time on station and date eligible to return from overseas. Priority will be given to those approaching the maximum age for entry into UFT."

Lookin at the last few years' forums and the same PDSM, it seems that you'll go to MFS pretty quickly after the results come out, then IFT if you need it sometime over the summer, and then get a RNLTD sometime late in the year. MFS and IFT are TDYs from your home base. 

The way the PDSM for applications is written makes it sound as if you'd get yeeted out of your current job a few weeks later, but it seems like minus those TDYs, you can expect to not PCS until wayyy later that year.

Edited by nolifepilot
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beaux said:

Update been told there’s around 70 pilot slots for this board. 

4 hours ago, nonflyboy said:

This is what I got from a source:

70 Pilot: 61 UPT, 4 ENJJPT, 5 HTN

20 CSO

20 ABM

10 RPA

Ayoooo those numbers are way better than we had expected!!

Did y'alls insider say the total number of applications that they received?

29 minutes ago, nonflyboy said:

I was given roughly 230.  I think last year was a little less than that, like 200? 

You're a true American hero, thank ya brotha!!

I wonder if the timeline is similar to last year's or if they're a bit further along this year. Last year, the list went out to MPF and senior raters on the second Tuesday of Jan, the 11th. Maybe we'll get an early holiday or New Years present?? 🙌🙌

Edited by nolifepilot
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

You're a true American hero, thank ya brotha!!

I wonder if the timeline is similar to last year's or if they're a bit further along this year. Last year, the list went out to MPF and senior raters on the second Tuesday of Jan, the 11th. Maybe we'll get an early holiday or New Years present?? 🙌🙌

I know from previous boards they are usually pretty good about answering questions about results on the UFT page on the portal.

• Like 1

This was just posted to the Portal:

20 Dec update:  I realize that many of you are probably wondering why it takes two months between the board and the results to come out and I wanted to try to shed some light on that and let you know where things stand.

Once the board concludes, I then send a list of the results to all of the assignment teams/CFMs to get career field releases.  That was finalized on 9 Dec.  I then have to brief the results to the AFPC/CC so he can certify the results.  That occurred today, 20 Dec.  The next step is to staff the PSDM throughout AFPC.  With the holidays coming up, folks will be taking some well-deserved time off and I imagine it will take about 2.5-3 weeks until the staffing is complete.  The last step is final release approval from my Directorate Chief.  As soon as he approves it, I will upload the PSDM to myPers Secure.  At that point, commanders will be able to notify their selects and then the PSDM will go public 7 days after the secure release.  

With all that said, I still can't give an exact date that it will be released other than to say it will be ASAP after I get the final approval.  It is still on track for a mid-Jan release and rest assured that I will publish it at the earliest possible opportunity that I can. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Little Birdie said:

This was just posted to the Portal:

20 Dec update:  I realize that many of you are probably wondering why it takes two months between the board and the results to come out and I wanted to try to shed some light on that and let you know where things stand.

Once the board concludes, I then send a list of the results to all of the assignment teams/CFMs to get career field releases.  That was finalized on 9 Dec.  I then have to brief the results to the AFPC/CC so he can certify the results.  That occurred today, 20 Dec.  The next step is to staff the PSDM throughout AFPC.  With the holidays coming up, folks will be taking some well-deserved time off and I imagine it will take about 2.5-3 weeks until the staffing is complete.  The last step is final release approval from my Directorate Chief.  As soon as he approves it, I will upload the PSDM to myPers Secure.  At that point, commanders will be able to notify their selects and then the PSDM will go public 7 days after the secure release.  

With all that said, I still can't give an exact date that it will be released other than to say it will be ASAP after I get the final approval.  It is still on track for a mid-Jan release and rest assured that I will publish it at the earliest possible opportunity that I can. 

Damn, that is some good info.  I'll never get over just how long it takes to get things staffed.

2 minutes ago, nolifepilot said:

What does "staffing the pdsm" mean?

A "Personnel Services Delivery Memorandum" is usually a 6-9 page document the authors should have condensed into 3 paragraphs.

"Staffing" means all the Bobs get to keep it in circulation until the oxford comma dispute is settled.

• Haha 3

This is what I got from a source:
70 Pilot: 61 UPT, 4 ENJJPT, 5 HTN
20 CSO
20 ABM
10 RPA

This is true, I was given the same numbers:

“Final numbers were 70 pilot training (4 ENJIPT, 5 HTN, 61 UPT), 10 URT, 20
CSO, and 20 ABM.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nothing productive to say. I've just checked this board 3-19 times a day with no update.

Nothing more frustrating than knowing someone knows if you've made pilot. But before you find out the AF needs to have 10 other people look at it...not make any changes and slowly sign something. Legit 30 days of nothingness!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Flyinghobbit said:

I have nothing productive to say. I've just checked this board 3-19 times a day with no update.

Nothing more frustrating than knowing someone knows if you've made pilot. But before you find out the AF needs to have 10 other people look at it...not make any changes and slowly sign something. Legit 30 days of nothingness!

Not to mention when it is time to pass results, they don't even tell you via email or mail or anything direct. They notify your CoC, when your commander eventually tells you. 

I mean, it makes sense the commander should know if he's losing a guy but still...

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 5:18 PM, goboldtigers said:

Not to mention when it is time to pass results, they don't even tell you via email or mail or anything direct. They notify your CoC, when your commander eventually tells you. 

I mean, it makes sense the commander should know if he's losing a guy but still...

What will be worse is when one of you guys find out and everyone else is still in the dark…..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2