2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

On 11/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, nonflyboy said:

man "able to find more slots" i really hope that was based off the projected 100 and not this 40 number that's getting tossed around.  Are you able to elaborate any more?

And I didn't know this forum existed, i found it via reddit under the 2021 UFT board thread.

Unfortunately no. They same source who told me there were 40 slots told me the board was able to find more. But everything is speculation until we get official word. 
Welcome to the forum. I was a long time lurker before I became a member to post. 

3 hours ago, Beaux said:

Unfortunately no. They same source who told me there were 40 slots told me the board was able to find more. But everything is speculation until we get official word. 
Welcome to the forum. I was a long time lurker before I became a member to post. 

40 total or 40 pilot slots?

5 hours ago, Dash1isoptional said:

Thanks man! Currently on MQ-9’s

Didn't most everyone who applied last year from 9s get picked up for UPT? Us RQ-4 folk up here in North Dakota are hoping that since our platform is dying soon they'll look kindly on us haha

Edited by nolifepilot

8 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

Didn't most everyone who applied last year from 9s get picked up for UPT? Us RQ-4 folk up here in North Dakota are hoping that since our platform is dying soon they'll look kindly on us haha

Yeah, last year’s board was good! Word on the street is that the 9s community is overmanned so if you want to switch, now it’s your chance. I don’t see why they wouldn’t push you too if your airframe is on its way out lol 

For those applying to this board that got cleared for IFC I (pilot), we have to do Medical Flight Screening (MFS) as the final stage. I was given a medical extension so I just got cleared, and I have not done this yet. Has anyone else done the MFS yet or know how this process goes?

2 hours ago, AlexLM12 said:

For those applying to this board that got cleared for IFC I (pilot), we have to do Medical Flight Screening (MFS) as the final stage. I was given a medical extension so I just got cleared, and I have not done this yet. Has anyone else done the MFS yet or know how this process goes?

I went through MFS when I initially joined. You go to Wright-Pat. and its basically a more in depth physical. You'll be there for a week and if everything's fine you'll be cleared to fly. I read in other forums that you'll be scheduled for MFS quickly after the official results go public.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dash1isoptional said:

I went through MFS when I initially joined. You go to Wright-Pat. and its basically a more in depth physical. You'll be there for a week and if everything's fine you'll be cleared to fly. I read in other forums that you'll be scheduled for MFS quickly after the official results go public.

Luckily I'm already at Wright-Pat, but this is different than the flight physical I already did that took an entire day? It seems like that's something they should do before they make pilot selections, but I did not know that, so thank you for the info!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 4:22 PM, AlexLM12 said:

Luckily I'm already at Wright-Pat, but this is different than the flight physical I already did that took an entire day? It seems like that's something they should do before they make pilot selections, but I did not know that, so thank you for the info!

Your DD2808 should say whether or not you still need to go through MFS.  The stamp on mine says "Medically qualified for: FCI pending successful completion of MFS"

Found this as well: USAFSAM - FCI - Medical Flight Screening > ONE AFRL / TWO SERVICES > Display

"FCI examinations accomplished at USAFSAM need not return for medical flight screening, since it is accomplished in conjunction with all FCI exams (and RPA pilot exams) done at USAFSAM and the combined evaluation is forwarded to HQ AFRS/RSG for simultaneous certification."

Hey y'all. Like everybody else I'm staying busy to keep my mind off of the suspenseful wait. Read through the comments and I hope that 40 pilot slot projection was just rumor and not true. But I could see it being true with the pipelines so backed up. I'll post my info just because:

Currently holding a rated position as a 12F. 99 AFOQT, 88 PCSM (no ppl, the new flight hour scoring helped my measly 25 flight hours). 1/3 Strat. Hoping those are good enough scores, got my Wing/CC to write my letter of rec. We'll see!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, SOF_CSO said:

Doesn't seem to be nearly as much activity on this board as there was for the previous Active Duty Flying Training Boards here. Are less people using this forum these days?

With about a month from potentially hearing the board results, I would expect chatter to pick up. Heck, I created an account here just this weekend!

On 11/12/2022 at 8:50 AM, Beaux said:

Heard from a pretty reliable source there will be 40 slots. Hoping that’s not true and there is more. 

I saw your other comment they were  able to find more slots. Did they elaborate on why? Is it due to the back up in the training pipeline?

On 11/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, CptCrunch said:

Is this the first year where superscoring and the flight hour caps are implemented into the PCSM? I read somewhere that PCSM/AFOQT scores were going to be higher on average because of the change.

I wonder what the avg scores will be this year if anybody could share any insight or their scores. Looking to apply for the next board (have my PPL). Thanks!

AFOQT/PCSM/PPL/STRAT

99/87/no/1

My PCSM jumped from 30 to 87 when I retook the AFOQT, added 24.5 flight hours, and retook the TBAS. Flight hours are weighted much more heavily now, so yes I'd expect higher averages.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:55 PM, goboldtigers said:

I saw your other comment they were  able to find more slots. Did they elaborate on why? Is it due to the back up in the training pipeline?

Unfortunately I was given no other info about it. Welcome to the board!

• Like 1

Since this forum isn't very active, is anybody on a different one that is more active? I've tried checking Reddit and Facebook and haven't found anything yet. Google just brings me back here.

Also, are you guys following anything that is providing updates on the board? I'm in the dark and the  suspense is growing. 

17 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

Since this forum isn't very active, is anybody on a different one that is more active? I've tried checking Reddit and Facebook and haven't found anything yet. Google just brings me back here.

Also, are you guys following anything that is providing updates on the board? I'm in the dark and the  suspense is growing. 

AFPC doesn't usually give updates on this unless there is a delay and that's usually told to some people in January. 

I know the feeling and I was feeling the exact same thing last year. You just have to wait it out for the second week of January. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, goboldtigers said:

No one really knows anything & this one will get more comments after the holidays. The only thing to do is wait & stay busy brother. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

Board results aren’t yet close to release so no one has the scoop.
Any questions people ask about applying or about the results process have received responses, so I’d say that’s the right amount of active. 

For what it’s worth, I also heard the rumor about the 40 slots within my wing before I saw it on this forum. Let’s hope the rumor about more slots was actually true haha.

Just created an account here because the suspense is killing me. It’s my second year applying. I have a PPL, 99 AFOQT Pilot, and 92 PCSM.

I always wondered why it takes so long for the results to release after the board meets? Assignments? MFS scheduling?

14 hours ago, Elijah said:

For what it’s worth, I also heard the rumor about the 40 slots within my wing before I saw it on this forum. Let’s hope the rumor about more slots was actually true haha.

Just created an account here because the suspense is killing me. It’s my second year applying. I have a PPL, 99 AFOQT Pilot, and 92 PCSM.

I always wondered why it takes so long for the results to release after the board meets? Assignments? MFS scheduling?

MFS occurs after notification of selection, so not that, and if the board selects in November, I can only imagine the delay has to do with the holidays, and with the process of assigning people to different training classes, since we are all sort of sliding in to the normal pipeline of people flowing from the commissioning sources. That is assuming training bases and dates come with board selection notifications, which I'm not sure of. Does anyone know how long active duty selects tend to wait before heading to training? I know there won't be the standard "casual" status for us, and I'm hoping we won't just stay in our current AFSCs for a whole year or more.  

49 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

MFS occurs after notification of selection, so not that, and if the board selects in November, I can only imagine the delay has to do with the holidays, and with the process of assigning people to different training classes, since we are all sort of sliding in to the normal pipeline of people flowing from the commissioning sources. That is assuming training bases and dates come with board selection notifications, which I'm not sure of. Does anyone know how long active duty selects tend to wait before heading to training? I know there won't be the standard "casual" status for us, and I'm hoping we won't just stay in our current AFSCs for a whole year or more.  

Knew an AD guy that was picked up last board.  He didn't head to UPT until Nov 22.

• Upvote 1

Man hearing that there may only be 40 slots makes me more nervous then I already was lol
But at the same time, hopefully they are just rumors and no one really knows