2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

• 2 months later...

Friendly reminder to anyone interested that if you haven't started your IFC I physical, do so now. Mine took roughly 5 months to finish waiting on a waiver to get approved.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, nickglover98 said:

Is it too late to start putting a packet together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on whether your wing requested packages early. It's not too early at all as everything is due at the beginning of October but some wings like to rack and stack the packages very early. Plus you need to get your IFC 1 started asap if you want to apply. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heard directly from my SQ/CC that the big focus was "scores scores scores". Which is possibly my redeeming factor because I was stratted 4 of 4 in my SQ. Even then, if the AF is looking for people with aptitude, hopefully the board is looking more at those scores than how many Christmas parties we planned.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 9:24 PM, Arkbird said:

Depends on whether your wing requested packages early. It's not too early at all as everything is due at the beginning of October but some wings like to rack and stack the packages very early. Plus you need to get your IFC 1 started asap if you want to apply. 

My wing was one of the early ones; however, if you update some kind of metric (PCSM, PT score, AFOQT scores, etc.) they'll change it for you prior to the official submission date.

You can also send a memo to the actual board to update metrics after the official deadline.

Don't let that be an excuse to sandbag things; the best time to start this kind of thing is NOW.