Boeing 777 Flight Control Problems

ClearedHot

6 hours ago, joe1234 said:

If a jet hadn't crashed in the 90s because of a runaway trim, it wouldn't be nearly as stressed in training. Just like how unscheduled rudder and dutch roll recovery was glossed over until 2013 even though there's warnings and boldface addressing it in the manual.

There were several incidents, and I think two crashes, with the rudder actuator going full travel or something like that.

10 hours ago, fire4effect said:

Good breakdown on a very head scratching investigation

This was it. Back then if you were going anywhere in the states chances were good you were going on a 73

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Cool, another French crew with very different opinions on which direction the plane should be moving...

Question for the Airbus drivers: if these guys were in an A330 instead of a 777 would this have been another AF447, or was there there some kind of update after that crash to make competing commands more obvious?

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Question for the Airbus drivers: if these guys were in an A330 instead of a 777 would this have been another AF447, or was there there some kind of update after that crash to make competing commands more obvious?

The jet bitches at you if both sides are making inputs … and one side can completely override the other now. 

• Like 2

Juan Brown posted the latest update on his Blancolireo YouTube channel of the AirFrance 777. Apparently the two pilots were inadvertently fighting each other on the controls and decoupled the yokes. 

Juan Brown posted the latest update on his Blancolireo YouTube channel of the AirFrance 777. Apparently the two pilots were inadvertently fighting each other on the controls and decoupled the yokes. 
Pilot error.... who'd a thunk? I guess teaching the phrase, "My aircraft" doesn't exist in AF's training program.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:57 AM, HeyEng said:

1983 or so, two LtCs in the seats. Right after take off each one thought they were flying the plane. They were both trying to trim the airplane so when one let go the tabs moved. One calls runaway elevator trim, the other says I've got it too. Only took a few seconds to figure out and I had already announced that emergency trim was selected.

First and only time I had self induced runaway trim.