Leave question

Clark Griswold

Pretty sure the answer is yes. You can't be "put" on orders in order to take leave, but if you're on an order, you're allowed to use it.

LES = Leave and Earnings Statement.

Some other nuances: I don't think you accrue leave (or other benes) if you're on an order of less than 31 days.

8 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Some other nuances: I don't think you accrue leave (or other benes) if you're on an order of less than 31 days.

This. BAH-RC (or whatever the national average BAH is called) over home BAH, no +/- 6 months of Tricare, and no leave earned on orders <31 days. Still pretty new, so certainly could be missing something, but this has been my experience thus far with having just bounced on and off RPA <30 a couple times in the last month or two compared to previous >30 day MPA orders in the past. 

I’m not sure if you can take accrued leave from previous orders that hasn’t been taken/sold back on <31 day orders, but I’d imagine you could. You just can’t earn anymore. 

Edited by FDNYOldGuy
Forgot to mention the leave; the point of the question

• 1 year later...

Different question on leave but wanted to keep it in this thread.

Can you sell back leave while Active Duty? I see that you can sell back up to 60 days during your career and usually that's done when you separate if you don't take terminal. My thought would be you can sell the 60 days back throughout your career and then when it's terminal time, you just use the remaining balance as terminal leave. Kind of a double whammy situation.

Is that allowed?