Flight Evaluations and downgrades

uhhello

8 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

My general rule for Q-3s was a solid attempt to kill me or the rest of the crew.  So, I gave 2.  Downgrades were usually reserved for an inability to do something after multiple attempts, so not too many of those any usually happened to studs.  Everything else was a debrief.  But that was me.  I spent more time fighting CC directed Q3s that a solid "mentoring" session could address.  But fighting CC douchery was very challenging.  My favorite quote, "what's the OG going to think if I don't Q3 them?"  and my reply, "that you have the balls to stand up to the OG."  Yep, Q3 given for an error, not gross violations.  Come to think of it, most of those fights were against Nav CCs!!!!

It wasn’t till I became an evaluator in AMC did I realize how common it is for OGs to be in the Sq CC and DO’s chili with things like evaluations and upgrades.  Constantly overriding the Sq CC’s decisions on things like Q3s and discipline. 

8 hours ago, dream big said:

It wasn’t till I became an evaluator in AMC did I realize how common it is for OGs to be in the Sq CC and DO’s chili with things like evaluations and upgrades.  Constantly overriding the Sq CC’s decisions on things like Q3s and discipline. 

That’s ok, Group CC’s are going away “soon”.

10 hours ago, dream big said:

And some Wg/CCs too. Just ask the boys at the 89th… 👀

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, M2 said:

What You Talking About Willis GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Within the next 12-18 months AFSOC is planning on eliminating Ops, MSG, and MX Grp/CC (Med Grp will remain for now).  Wings will transition to an A-Staff construct with an Air Base CC at locations where AFSOC owns the base.

5 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Within the next 12-18 months AFSOC is planning on eliminating Ops, MSG, and MX Grp/CC (Med Grp will remain for now).  Wings will transition to an A-Staff construct with an Air Base CC at locations where AFSOC owns the base.

Happening in other communities too. USAFE is in full swing with implementation.

10 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

That’s ok, Group CC’s are going away “soon”.

"Soon" as in, "our base will be getting a new OPS building very soon," which they've been saying since I enlisted in 2001 (and we still haven't started with planning)...  Or is this something that we actually expect to happen?  But seriously, this is the first time I've heard of such a concept.  What's the idea/reasoning for such a change?  

19 minutes ago, SocialD said:

"Soon" as in, "our base will be getting a new OPS building very soon," which they've been saying since I enlisted in 2001 (and we still haven't started with planning)...  Or is this something that we actually expect to happen?  But seriously, this is the first time I've heard of such a concept.  What's the idea/reasoning for such a change?  

I think there is a whole thread on this forum somewhere discussing when the concept was originally announced. 

Believe the idea is to just stream line C2 at the wing level. 

I think it's a good idea honestly. The group level of command seems largely unnecessary to me. 

I know a lot of people don't think NAFs are necessary and I largely agree except C-NAFs. C-NAFs fill an important niche as the air component to sub unified commands and work theater level operations in geographic AORs too large for a MAJCOM to focus on. (IE Korea/7AF)

Edit: I actually just found the old thread. It's from 2018 and I bumped it for you. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1