Best interest of the AF and AvB question

Nodeskjobs

Got a weird one. I applied for a ADSC waiver (personal hardship) for retirement. The request was denied, however, due to manning (11M), the request was changed to “best interest of the AF” and the waiver was approved for 9 months off ADSC. My question, if it’s Best interest of the AF, does that still qualify me to keep the final bonus payment?

TIA

Interesting...

I applied for retirement requesting an ADSC waiver for best interest of the AF citing both manning and money.  AFPC reached out to me and quoted AFI 36-3203 para 3.8.2.1 stating "waiver submitted for common situations ... or based solely on manning or to save the AF money will not be considered" and asked me to be more specific in my justification for best interest.

Two questions:

1. What qualifies for the best interest of the AF if it is not either manning or money?

2. Has anyone else had success with this process?  What worked for you?

-9-

4 hours ago, Nineline said:

Interesting...

I applied for retirement requesting an ADSC waiver for best interest of the AF citing both manning and money.  AFPC reached out to me and quoted AFI 36-3203 para 3.8.2.1 stating "waiver submitted for common situations ... or based solely on manning or to save the AF money will not be considered" and asked me to be more specific in my justification for best interest.

Two questions:

1. What qualifies for the best interest of the AF if it is not either manning or money?

2. Has anyone else had success with this process?  What worked for you?

-9-

To be honest, I couldn’t tell you. I submitted for personal hardship with a lengthy explanation of the hardship, and it was denied. I wrote one line about C-17s being overmanned and it’d help the AF balance manning and it was approved 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nineline said:

One other piece is expressing your desire to continue service in the Guard or Reserves.  The AF then retains their highly-skilled aviator in a capacity other than active duty service.  Whether or not ANG/AFRC unit interviews are as fruitful as airline interviews is a different story.  

• Upvote 1