Freedom convoy

arg

5 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

That is why I used the term "Leftist" and not "Liberal."

I know, & I appreciate that you made the distinction. I don’t necessarily disagree with the rest of your post although I think a similar argument could be made about the more extreme wing of the right. It’s one symptom of an education system that doesn’t have its priorities straight. 

10 hours ago, Prozac said:

There’s a difference between leftist and liberal. A lot of liberals aren’t down with leftists. Seattle, San Fran, & other coastal cities will always be liberal, but are tired of homeless encampments, rampant crime, and drug use. I expect the trend to continue. 

Then they need to stop being pussies and vote the likes of Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsome out of office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dream big said:

Then they need to stop being pussies and vote the likes of Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsome out of office. 

My neighbors when I lived in CO moved from the Bay area.  They all said they were tired of the homeless issues and how $$$ CA was.  But their Facebook page was full of AOC, Sanders etc.....CO is basically CA at this point.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ecugringo said:

My neighbors when I lived in CO moved from the Bay area.  They all said they were tired of the homeless issues and how $$$ CA was.  But their Facebook page was full of AOC, Sanders etc.....CO is basically CA at this point.

I think the following has been posted elsewhere on BO, but I will repost. The audio and visual are out-of-synch.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Muscle2002 said:

I think the following has been posted elsewhere on BO, but I will repost. The audio and visual are out-of-synch.

Johnny Harris makes great videos.  This video didn't disappoint and I'm surprised the NYT endorsed this.  

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:23 AM, pawnman said:

I do wonder... what is Canada's trucking capacity without these guys?  What if they protested by just going home with their trucks... would that put a dent in the supply chain up north? 

Well there was an attempt to compel tow truck operators into moving the trucks, which is an all together different and much uglier beast then the government merely preventing a certain action.

So I would suspect at some point they would attempt to order the truckers to work. Unfortunately, Canadian government seems to have forgotten that the people who exist on the lower end of the "enlightened" spectrum, who they have been happy to ignore while the filthy blue collared maintained the fragile workings of an advanced economy, well those people don't particularly give a shit when they are ordered to do something.

3 hours ago, Muscle2002 said:

Thanks for posting this. The above post reminded me EXACTLY of this video and I couldnt remember who produced it. 

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Well there was an attempt to compel tow truck operators into moving the trucks, which is an all together different and much uglier beast then the government merely preventing a certain action.

So I would suspect at some point they would attempt to order the truckers to work. Unfortunately, Canadian government seems to have forgotten that the people who exist on the lower end of the "enlightened" spectrum, who they have been happy to ignore while the filthy blue collared maintained the fragile workings of an advanced economy, well those people don't particularly give a shit when they are ordered to do something.

How do they force someone to work?

Good Video! I lived close to Boulder, CO.  Beautiful city hyper liberal.  They built a green belt around it to stop housing development.  No new homes can be build only tear downs.  They wanted all utilities from green sources as well.  WHat this did was make utilities the highest in the state and housing one of the highest in the country.  Unless you want to be really house poor or are really rich you cant afford to work there.  So the working bees must commute in or live in a small overprices apt.  Its actually pretty insane.  You get people like Gov Polis the Billionaire GOv of CO and people of that wealth acting as champions of hte working class but enabling policies to make them live elsewhere just to preserve your own neighborhood.

How do they force someone to work?

Well freezing their bank accounts, locking them off from any outside financial support… simultaneously not allowing them to gain or go in any form of government assistance…. While still having bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Promise them to turn it all off if they “simply stop protesting.”

Yeah that would do it.

Funny because I’ve seen plenty of hyper liberal slanted people get all sorts of offended when conservatives suggest turning off welfare checks for anybody caught protesting/rioting. It’s the same kind of forcible way to stop an action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ecugringo said:

Good Video! I lived close to Boulder, CO.  Beautiful city hyper liberal.  They built a green belt around it to stop housing development.  No new homes can be build only tear downs.  They wanted all utilities from green sources as well.  WHat this did was make utilities the highest in the state and housing one of the highest in the country.  Unless you want to be really house poor or are really rich you cant afford to work there.  So the working bees must commute in or live in a small overprices apt.  Its actually pretty insane.  You get people like Gov Polis the Billionaire GOv of CO and people of that wealth acting as champions of hte working class but enabling policies to make them live elsewhere just to preserve your own neighborhood.

We get the government we deserve…

Colorado is beautiful…just not beautiful enough to put up with their nonsense that will surely get worse and not better.

5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

How does the government force you to do anything?

This is a fairly familiar concept for anybody in an airline union.

Lord Ratner is right. 

Simply look at the Railway Labor Act and how it is used to prevent airline strikes. 

9 hours ago, HeloDude said:

We get the government we deserve…

Colorado is beautiful…just not beautiful enough to put up with their nonsense that will surely get worse and not better.

Yup.  I work remote or travel to see customers.  Never really used our small office there.  Cashed out and moved to the south.

The way people handled covid was pretty amazing.  Blindly follow whatever Polis said.  If you questioned anything people would think you were pretty stupid.  Had someone at Costco yell at me for not having my 2 yr old masked up.

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

Yup.  I work remote or travel to see customers.  Never really used our small office there.  Cashed out and moved to the south.

The way people handled covid was pretty amazing.  Blindly follow whatever Polis said.  If you questioned anything people would think you were pretty stupid.  Had someone at Costco yell at me for not having my 2 yr old masked up.

Some counties are still hard-core conservative, always have Californians in my town Westcliffe wanting a Walmart or a big housing development, water rights keep things sane plus the remoteness. Plus, the town is a dark skies community so you can see the actual stars and galaxies at night. Also, the county school is one of the best in the state.

40 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Some counties are still hard-core conservative, always have Californians in my town Westcliffe wanting a Walmart or a big housing development, water rights keep things sane plus the remoteness. Plus, the town is a dark skies community so you can see the actual stars and galaxies at night. Also, the county school is one of the best in the state.

Very true.  I work in Oil and Gas.  Been to Bakersfield more times than I would like.

Guest LumberjackAxe

Outside of SF and LA (and to some extent Sacramento and Fresno), California is pretty conservative. Where I live, there's a sign advocating for the 51st State of Jefferson every five miles. Living in the Sierra is actually pretty great, especially when you're a resident of a state with no income tax! The general attitude around here is the classic "married gay couples should have the right to defend their cannabis farm with assault rifles" and even though when I get out I'll have to become a CA resident and pay state income taxes, it'll be 8% (ouch) but I expect to be 100% disabled and thus no property taxes. CA is definitely the liberal experiment of the United States, but I still love living in the mountains here and despite the aggravating politics it's still worth it.