Freedom convoy

arg

Possibly coming to the US. If big enough it would bring the entire country to a stand still. Big cities would be hit the hardest. I don't think a lot of people realize that literally everything, everything, no matter what it is, was brought in at some point on a truck. 

I support this protest as a message to the "ruling class" as a reminder who they are supposed to be working for.

• Like 2

I support anyone’s right to protest and peaceably assemble. Blocking roads and border crossings is something else entirely though. The residents & businesspeople of Ottawa have lost patience with these guys & their message is tarnished by the damage they’re doing to the community (sound familiar?). It’ll be the same here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

I support anyone’s right to protest and peaceably assemble. Blocking roads and border crossings is something else entirely though. The residents & businesspeople of Ottawa have lost patience with these guys & their message is tarnished by the damage they’re doing to the community (sound familiar?). It’ll be the same here. 

They aren't torching local businesses, so....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

It was ok two summers ago along with murdering and burning both civilian, state, and federal property causing billions of dollars of damage. This time there isn’t death, burning, wanton destruction and it’s to support individual freedoms. Why is a much more peaceful civil protest this time not ok? If anyone has that opinion that it’s wrong I would love to hear your thoughts as to why. And it can’t be because the population depends on them. Because that’s the risk you take in a society that is founded on freedom. So go with other reasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Just so I understand you…are you saying that all the BLM protestors who were in the roads should have been arrested since it was illegal for them to be doing so?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

You mean a handful of people going out of control doesn’t define the entire group’s message? What a novel concept! 

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

image.jpeg.1811e3a542c5f3e87d261bef9f708f18.jpeg

How dare they block roads.  The business owners are mad!

peaceful protesting is peaceful protesting; whether or not you support the cause it is our right and should be protected.  I’m enjoying the irony watching the same people who supported “fiery but mostly peaceful“ BLM riots and the anarchy in Portland now saying we must slash tires and arrest people who are using the peaceful tactics of MLK and Ghandi.  This is not necessarily aimed at you since I don’t know your opinion on what happened in the summer of 2020, but clearly the leftist news outlets are total hypocrites when it comes to protesting. And everything.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

It was ok two summers ago along with murdering and burning both civilian, state, and federal property causing billions of dollars of damage. This time there isn’t death, burning, wanton destruction and it’s to support individual freedoms. Why is a much more peaceful civil protest this time not ok? If anyone has that opinion that it’s wrong I would love to hear your thoughts as to why. And it can’t be because the population depends on them. Because that’s the risk you take in a society that is founded on freedom. So go with other reasons.

Nope. Wasn’t ok then either. We had a protester near where I live that was killed trying to block high speed traffic on the freeway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Can’t say I’m particularly shocked at the level of cognitive dissonance of people now supporting tactics they lambasted just a year and a half ago. Principles end at politics for some I guess. 

• Downvote 8

8 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Nope. Wasn’t ok then either. We had a protester near where I live that was killed trying to block high speed traffic on the freeway. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Can’t say I’m particularly shocked at the level of cognitive dissonance of people now supporting tactics they lambasted just a year and a half ago. Principles end at politics for some I guess. 

So why do you think the political leaders in those areas didn’t call for massive arrests of the protestors who were illegally in the streets?  I also can’t recall too many on the left calling for arrests either?  Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ…

Dude you’ve got political leaders and people representing the media using inflammatory terms like extremists, terrorists, anti-government, talking about threats of violence, etc…

Show us one overturned cop car or burned out building as the result of this protest.

Anybody smart enough can see just how easily and readily the media narrative will paint your actions to suit its ideology. Half a downtown neighborhood is on fire and looted = “mostly peaceful protests.” An bunch of truckers park rigs on a bridge and wave flags and signs = “right wing extremist science deniers.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

So why do you think the political leaders in those areas didn’t call for massive arrests of the protestors who were illegally in the streets?  I also can’t recall too many on the left calling for arrests either?  Thoughts?

Not sure arrests are necessary or appropriate in these situations. I do wish authorities had done a better job at ensuring protesters didn’t block streets and highways. Also, burning buildings was bad. 

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

Jesus Christ…

Dude you’ve got political leaders and people representing the media using inflammatory terms like extremists, terrorists, anti-government, talking about threats of violence, etc…

Show us one overturned cop car or burned out building as the result of this protest.

Anybody smart enough can see just how easily and readily the media narrative will paint your actions to suit its ideology. Half a downtown neighborhood is on fire and looted = “mostly peaceful protests.” An bunch of truckers park rigs on a bridge and wave flags and signs = “right wing extremist science deniers.”

I couldn’t give two shits about CNN’s or Fox’s narratives. I appreciate that the truckers are not turning over cop cars, although I don’t think Ottowans are too thrilled about some of the antics displayed so far. But when you block an international border for days or weeks, eventually the authorities will remove you. 

• Downvote 2

I couldn’t give two shits about CNN’s or Fox’s narratives. I appreciate that the truckers are not turning over cop cars, although I don’t think Ottowans are too thrilled about some of the antics displayed so far. But when you block an international border for days or weeks, eventually the authorities will remove you. 

You should.

The unbridled white washing of any group deemed undesirable by the so called 4th estate should terrify anybody.

You could readily be called a terrorist or threat to National security simply because whoever the hell “they” are at the time decide you are one.

We’ve got a long history of that on both political parties.

3 hours ago, Lawman said:

Half a downtown neighborhood is on fire and looted = “mostly peaceful protests.”

This is the thing though. It was mostly peaceful, and your sentence intentionally misconstrues in a similar way to the opposite political side. Like >99% of protestors were peaceful. But you’re insinuating that is not accurate based on your political bias.

For the record, I support the truckers protesting.

Guest LumberjackAxe

What are they specifically protesting? Here's what "they" (the truckers, although it's just a screenshot of a document on facebook with no attribution) say they demand of the federal/provincial governments:

1. Terminate the vaccine passport and contact tracing programs

2. Terminate COVID vaccine mandates and respect the rights of those who wish to remain unvaccinated

That's it. And I've got to say that I don't know much about #1, but if #2 is granted then any sort of vaccine passport would be worthless anyway, so really... the truckers just don't want a vaccine mandate.

So to achieve these goal, they are sort of partially blocking a border? I don't really follow... but I am generally onboard with removing most vaccine mandates

This is the thing though. It was mostly peaceful, and your sentence intentionally misconstrues in a similar way to the opposite political side. Like >99% of protestors were peaceful. But you’re insinuating that is not accurate based on your political bias.
For the record, I support the truckers protesting.

Dude you don’t get it.

The media will paint whatever narrative they want despite what visual aids are available.

Downtown cities torn up, burned up, looted. Police presence deployed in riot kit actively having to deal with violence… oh we can call that anything but riots. Mostly peaceful protests, yeah that works…

Bunch of pictures of rednecks in semis with no real examples of damage or violence by any of the group… label those bastards as extremists.

They are telling us we are stupid and we have to believe what they tell us because we can’t figure out for ourselves.

Bigger picture.  The vast majority of people are done with the narratives, elitists, hypocrisy, etc. We know this because of the following.  I’m sure I’ve missed some. 

Virginia elections

Freedom convoy

Joe Rogan winning

CNN self destructing 

Lockdowns ending and clearly tied to upcoming elections 

Dem infighting 

Supreme Court Justice retiring early

The crazy left is imploding.  I hope and pray the pendulum is swinging back to some sort of normalcy.  The midterms will be very very interesting.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Prozac said:

Not sure arrests are necessary or appropriate in these situations. I do wish authorities had done a better job at ensuring protesters didn’t block streets and highways. Also, burning buildings was bad. 

If the government is not willing to stop/arrest/prosecute someone for said crime, then it’s not really a crime. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

Supreme Court Justice retiring early

Ok I mostly try to just RX rather than TX on political stuff these days, but this one is just a bizarre example of "Dems in disarray."

Breyer is 83! He retired at an age two years older than the last SCOTUS Justice who chose to retire, Kennedy.

And thankfully he didn't make the mistake that Ginsburg and Scalia did re: "retiring too late" i.e. dying while a President of the other party is in office!

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Prozac said:

...I don’t think Ottowans are too thrilled about some of the antics displayed so far. 

That is quite literally the exact point of a protest.  The population should turn their frustrations on the government who's actions led to the protest, and get that government to reverse said actions (vaccine mandates in this case)...that's how it works.  Creating discomfort to generate public awareness and action from the masses and/or the government is the entire point of a protest.  Getting thrown in jail is historically a common outcome for successful protestors.  Only in this case no one is getting killed, buildings are not getting burned, and safety is incredibly high in this protest.  They're doing it right.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lawman said:

Dude you don’t get it.

The media will paint whatever narrative they want despite what visual aids are available.

Downtown cities torn up, burned up, looted. Police presence deployed in riot kit actively having to deal with violence… oh we can call that anything but riots. Mostly peaceful protests, yeah that works…

Bunch of pictures of rednecks in semis with no real examples of damage or violence by any of the group… label those bastards as extremists.

They are telling us we are stupid and we have to believe what they tell us because we can’t figure out for ourselves.

I fear that you actually are the one that doesn't get it. If you want, we can discuss the numerous nazi flags seen at the freedom convoy. But that, like much media coverage, probably isn't representative of the movement as a whole. Oh, wait.

Question your political biases, slow the flow of information warfare into your veins.

• Downvote 7