Everyone should be jealous of this Air Force pilot skateboarding down the flight line...

M2

9 hours ago, RASH said:

I retired 12 years ago. To answer your question, yes, I was “coached up” on multiple occasions about my signature block not being IAW…

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

Honest question, what is the proper format for a signature block?  Been in for 29 yrs (and counting) and never bothered to "care"!!

9 hours ago, RASH said:

I retired 12 years ago. To answer your question, yes, I was “coached up” on multiple occasions about my signature block not being IAW…

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

Wild, considering we've got people who draw airplanes in ASCII characters as part of their signature block. 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, slc said:

Honest question, what is the proper format for a signature block?  Been in for 29 yrs (and counting) and never bothered to "care"!!

There isn’t one.

V/r,

- Clown Penis

Very Respectfully,

JOHN A. BELUSHI, Maj (He/Him/Xis), USAF

(USAFA ‘08 — Richter!)

69th Tactical Air Support Squadron Assistant Operations Officer (“Go War Cows!”)

18392 Tyndall Street, Building 39104

Curtis-Wright AFB, Ohio 49201

Commercial: (702) 690-1110

STE: (702) 690-1110

DSN: 302-690-1110

SVOIP: 690-2019

TSVOIP: 555-1234

Personal Cell: (719) xxx-xxxx

Personal Email: cowboys4lyfe1987@boomershit.com

NIPR Air Force E-mail: john.belushi@us.af.mil

DOD E-mail: john.a.belushi.42@mail.mil

SIPR E-mail: john.a.belushi.37.mil@secret.com

JWICS E-mail: john.belushi@doublesecret.com

SOYOUKNOWIMCOOL E-mail: john.belishi@triplesecret.com

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

- Herodotus, 69 BC

69 TASS - Best in the West! (c)

__|__

\___/

| |

| |

_|_|______________

/|\ 

*/ | \*

/ -+- \

---o--(_)--o---

/   6 " 9  \

*/        |       \*

/          |        \

1Q 2021 Ops Gp Sijan Nominee

2Q 2020 Wg NCO/Qtr

2018 Wg Softball Runner Up

2017 Wg Key Spouse Nominee

External Link Disclaimer Policy

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Defense Media Activity – Fort Meade, MD, the United States Air Force, or the Department of Defense, of the external Web site, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations or the privacy and user policies of these locations.  Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of the Web site. References to non-federal entities do not constitute or imply Department of Defense or Air Force endorsement of any company or organization.

Privacy Act Statement

If you choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses - we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. AF.mil never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

Ah, dismissal of opposing viewpoints based on derisive and stubborn refusal to apply critical thought to one's own point of the view...that distinctive quality in younger generations that older generations seriously hate. 

Hey boomers, guess where the generation you raised learned that skill. 

P.S. Guess who approved all the scooters, hoverboards, and other such stupidity in an attempt to make the military trendy...especially in the USAF?  Yeah, boomer and gen-x general officers and chiefs...and not the good ones. 

Not hating, simply identifying facts.

Edited by FourFans130
words
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

blink-182-wtf-gif-11.gif

Not joking. Available on your phone, good for CUI without stupid certificates, let’s you actually coordinate on something rather than sending fucking emails back and forth. No read receipts, no masturbatory sig blocks, ack with an emoji, chaff can be deleted, attachments don’t have to be forwarded to the next guy, it doesn’t take an hour for old messages to download if you haven’t logged on to a computer in a while. Also you don’t have to log in to a stupid Air Force computer to use it, but you can if you want to punish yourself or are in a vault.

Imagine baseops.net threads were just a bunch of emails instead, that’s how dumb we are.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:55 AM, Majestik Møøse said:

But seriously, boomer email chaff like this is why everyone should be using Mattermost instead of NIPR email.

Haha!  As the card carrying "Boomer" that I am, you'd be proud to know that I'm on Mattermost... and have embraced it!... along with the rest of my squadron.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Haha!  As the card carrying "Boomer" that I am, you'd be proud to know that I'm on Mattermost... and have embraced it!... along with the rest of my squadron.  

If old things still make sense, keep doing them, if new things make sense, do them instead. The Air Force would be a lot better off if the understood that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4