The Ghislaine Maxwell trial thread

Blue

Figured the Ghislaine Maxwell trial might merit it's own thread.  Pulled the below from the Woke thread.

8 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/maurene-comey-james-comey-daughter-leading-jeffrey-epstein-case-2019-7

I’m not alleging misconduct.  I’m simply pointing out how intertwined some things are at the top in this country.  

Interesting article.  While it sounds like Maureen Comey is very capable and has a distinguished career thus far, it's hard not to suspect nepotism had an effect on her career.  Guess it's not surprising; nepotism seems to be a phenomenon throughout the DoD, why wouldn't it be so at the DoJ.  Just another contributing factor to the swamp, as pointed out above.

On a related note, the article mentions Maurene Comey as one of three lead prosecutors handling the case, along with Assistant US Attorneys Alex Rossmiller and Alison Gainfort Moe.

AUSA Alex Rossmiller appears to be the real deal.  Started at the Defense Intelligence Agency as an intelligence analyst in 2004.  Volunteered for a six-month deployment to Iraq.  Came back to a tour as a Strategic Issues Expert in the Office of Iraq Analysis at the Pentagon.  Wrote a book in 2008 titled Still Broken: A Recruit's Inside Account of Intelligence Failures, from Baghdad to the Pentagon, described as "a blistering account of the ideology and incompetence that cripple our efforts to confront our enemies and fight our wars."

Will be interesting to see how the Ghislaine Maxwell trial plays out.

9 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

cnn wants to rekindle those trump ratings

But, they were good friends. He called him a “terrific guy” and talked about his love of “young women” while partying with him and taking rides on his plane.

And Clinton was a good friend. And Bill Gates. And Stephen Hawking. And Prince Andrew. And…

Instead of trying to turn this into a partisan issue, maybe we should keep focusing in on how a lot of wealthy people, whatever their political affiliation, seemed to spend a lot of time with a guy who preyed on and abused underage girls? All while having a couple decades of allegations, investigations, and convictions, yet seemingly minimal repercussions.

The fact people like this existed out there for years and got away with all they did due to money/privilege/connections makes me seethe with anger at the injustice. I hope she burns for her (alleged…for now) role in this mess and I hope even more that she spills the beans on the high profile people that were a part of it and enabled it, regardless of their political party.

F-these people. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

Instead of trying to turn this into a partisan issue, maybe we should keep focusing in on how a lot of wealthy people, whatever their political affiliation, seemed to spend a lot of time with a guy who preyed on and abused underage girls? All while having a couple decades of allegations, investigations, and convictions, yet seemingly minimal repercussions.

Concur. Anyone, regardless of political affiliation, who is linked should be investigated. 

• Upvote 2

Best (kidding) alibi yet has been Prince Andrew's deposition some time back when the accuser said she was introduced to him at a party and he was "really sweaty."

Randy Andy's reply was that he never sweats ever since his Falkland Island combat tour.

Sorry, ol' boy.  I'm pretty sure you are fcuked.  And not in a good way this time...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, arg said:

CNN is reporting that Trump and Epstein were good buddies.

CNN and the like seem to make a lot of noise about a Trump connection to Epstein.  However, Trump appears a grand total of only once in Epstein's flight logs, on a 1997 flight from Palm Beach to Newark in Epstein's Gulfstream.  Compare that to Bill Clinton, who appeared in Epstien's flight logs 26 times between Feb 2002 and Nov 2003.

• Upvote 2

Wow.  I'm hesitant to believe the 'posed for a picture, thus good friends' argument, just consider how many people a politician is photographed with on a daily basis.  But at his daughter's wedding is clearly an entirely different level.

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that Federal courts don't allow cameras, while some State courts do.  Hence, we got cameras in the Wisconsin court that Rittenhouse was tried in, but not the Federal court that Maxwell is being tried in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

The Maxwell Trial Tracker on on Twitter was just suspended. 

Heard varying reports that they had a bunch of bots as followers, and were posting wild speculation.  The owner of the account is now pushing his substack account.  I'm not much of a Twitter user, so I dunno what to think.

Some of the latest (disturbing) coverage:

The Daily Beast: ‘I Told Him I Was Only 15’: Epstein Victim Weeps As She Recounts Orgies With Other Girls

CNN: Accuser testifies Ghislaine Maxwell told her she 'had a great body for Epstein and his friends.' She was 14.

@arg, your meme up above is accurate.  Had to go searching on CNN to find that link.  The only thing currently on the CNN.com front page about the trial is some nebulous "opinion" piece, about half-way down.  Of course, the top stories are mostly Trump and Covid.

Edit to add: Apparently Twitter has reinstated the Maxwell Trial Tracker

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/congress-oks-bill-forcing-feds-fix-broken-prison-95362638

Corruption like Jeffrey Epstein's camera being inop while he "hung" himself?  Lol

• Upvote 2