Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

50 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Exactly my thought. Symbolism is sometimes worth a lot in a war. 

Japan couldn't strike back in-kind. Russia has ability to play whack-mole game with Ukrainian leadership. 

It doesn't make sense to me, but I also didn't understand logic behind invading Ukraine so IDFK.  

38 minutes ago, Sim said:

Japan couldn't strike back in-kind. Russia has ability to play whack-mole game with Ukrainian leadership. 

It doesn't make sense to me, but I also didn't understand logic behind invading Ukraine so IDFK.  

You don't think the Russians have been trying to kill him all along?

2 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

First part of the video has some good looking Wagnerites featured in it.

War sucks.  The dead in this video have found peace.   Regardless of what side you are on, the people fighting get sent to war by politicians who need more.  More power, more money and more dead bodies.   In the end, the people actually doing the fighting have more in common with the enemies they’re fighting than they do with the politicians sending them to die.   

22 hours ago, Biff_T said:

War sucks.  The dead in this video have found peace.   Regardless of what side you are on, the people fighting get sent to war by politicians who need more.  More power, more money and more dead bodies.   In the end, the people actually doing the fighting have more in common with the enemies they’re fighting than they do with the politicians sending them to die.   

That's nice.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the average Ukrainian solider doesn't have a huge amount in common with some Wagner scumbag that volunteered to fight in Putin's war so they could get released early from prison for whatever murder/rape/theft charge they were in for.

I'm also pretty sure that I have very little to nothing in common with Al Qaeda, the Taliban, or ISIS; I'm glad I did my part to help turn some of them into fertilizer.

As I stated previously, good looking Wagnerites in that video/glad they're gonna be pushing up daisies.

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I hope many more of them find peace in the days to come. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

That's nice.

Thanks. 

You’re a killer?  And you like to kill for freedom, money or patriotic bullshit?  So did the Russians, Wagner, Taliban, Nazis, Romans, Americans.   We all did it for some sort of compensation.   I don’t like the people I’ve killed anymore than the next guy, but I respect them.  

I can’t wait to find those WMDs in Iraq.  I’m really glad we destroyed that whole country because of some really, really bad intel.  I’m glad we got to burn a few civilians too that’s what real bad asses do. We are not as innocent as we like to believe.  It’s a hard pill to swallow.   

Beleive what you want, but I have more in common with those dirtbags fighting for their country, freedom or patriotic beliefs than I do with the fine men and women working for us in Washington DC.   I have more in common with a guy (bad guy, good guy, who cares) who shot his enemy than a Karen working at Home Depot.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Thanks. 

You’re a killer?  And you like to kill for freedom, money or patriotic bullshit?  So did the Russians, Wagner, Taliban, Nazis, Romans, Americans.   We all did it for some sort of compensation.   I don’t like the people I’ve killed anymore than the next guy, but I respect them.  

I can’t wait to find those WMDs in Iraq.  I’m really glad we destroyed that whole country because of some really, really bad intel.  I’m glad we got to burn a few civilians too that’s what real bad asses do. We are not as innocent as we like to believe.  It’s a hard pill to swallow.   

Beleive what you want, but I have more in common with those dirtbags fighting for their country, freedom or patriotic beliefs than I do with the fine men and women working for us in Washington DC.   I have more in common with a guy (bad guy, good guy, who cares) who shot his enemy than a Karen working at Home Depot.  

Maybe you should go hang out with them. 

• Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Maybe you should go hang out with them. 

Don’t worry, we all will get to hangout with them in the end.  

Edit: @DirkDiggler, @pawnman

I'm on your team btw.   Sometimes, I feel exactly how you guys do. Just sometimes,  I can’t hide the fact that it hurts my stomach to see the dead piled up on display.  I respect anyone who is willing do the dirty work the rest of society gets to ignore.  Good or bad.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

42 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Thanks. 

If you truly feel like you have more in common with some guy from ISIS who's supportive of child brides, slavery, executions, torture ect than you do with some obnoxious American citizen working at Home Depot than I'm not sure we're having the same conversation.

I don't believe WMD in Iraq or politicians in DC are relevant to the topic at hand.

My statement/sentiment still stands.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Don’t worry, we all will get to hangout with them in the end.  

Edit: @DirkDiggler, @pawnman

I'm on your team btw.   Sometimes, I feel exactly how you guys do. Just sometimes,  I can’t hide the fact that it hurts my stomach to see the dead piled up on display.  I respect anyone who is willing do the dirty work the rest of society gets to ignore.  Good or bad.  

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

Soooo.....am I the only one who wakes up every day hoping to find some patriotic Russian has put a 9mm sized hole between Putin's eyeballs?  No....ok, carry on

Lol.  

Shit gets too serious in here sometimes! 

Hopefully, the next post we see in here is some Ukrainian drone dropping a few things on Putin.  The first item being a bag off fecal matter (preferably human).  The second, one of those fancy grenades.  

8 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

Soooo.....am I the only one who wakes up every day hoping to find some patriotic Russian has put a 9mm sized hole between Putin's eyeballs?  No....ok, carry on

The trillion dollar question of whats next then 🙂

6 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Thanks. 

War is horrific...simply horrific.  I remember my first few missions and the metric of success was always the number.  We count everything, crap many of us growing up who dreamed of flying wanted to be an Ace because we thought that was the top of the glorified pyramid.  In time and as I flew more missions and my "number" became stupidly high...(on one misisons I killed 32 men in 8 minutes)...I had to stop counting.  Yes they were evil people who deserved to die but it was still someone's brother, father, son, cousin...and I didn't want to surrender my humanity in the process.  I PRAY my son never has to see the horror of war.

While I cheer the Ukrainians it is not lost on me that the ones dying are not that ones that caused this horror.  Yes the Russian troops are committing atrocities but this is not a simple good vs bad situation and a lot of young men and women (and innocents), are dying because of a diabolical human in Moscow.  I hope Ukraine kicks the snot out of the Russians and they flee back to Russia and I hope it all ends right there.

At the end of the day we all do our duty, and I did it very well, but we don't have the celebrate the carnage

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

War is horrific...simply horrific.  I remember my first few missions and the metric of success was always the number.  We count everything, crap many of us growing up who dreamed of flying wanted to be an Ace because we thought that was the top of the glorified pyramid.  In time and as I flew more missions and my "number" became stupidly high...(on one misisons I killed 32 men in 8 minutes)...I had to stop counting.  Yes they were evil people who deserved to die but it was still someone's brother, father, son, cousin...and I didn't want to surrender my humanity in the process.  I PRAY my son never has to see the horror of war.

While I cheer the Ukrainians it is not lost on me that the ones dying are not that ones that caused this horror.  Yes the Russian troops are committing atrocities but this is not a simple good vs bad situation and a lot of young men and women (and innocents), are dying because of a diabolical human in Moscow.  I hope Ukraine kicks the snot out of the Russians and they flee back to Russia and I hope it all ends right there.

At the end of the day we all do our duty, and I did it very well, but we don't have the celebrate the carnage

Fuck yeah Sir!

This is the truest statement I've read or heard in a long time.  

These soldiers can blame Putin all they want (and so can we) - and he does deserve blame - but at the end of the day, you are responsible for your actions, and if you decide to make war against innocent people, then you've made your bed and can lie in it for all I care. All these troops had a choice. It may have been a shitty choice, but they made a choice to conduct a war of aggression and to invade a sovereign nation without justification.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

These soldiers can blame Putin all they want (and so can we) - and he does deserve blame - but at the end of the day, you are responsible for your actions, and if you decide to make war against innocent people, then you've made your bed and can lie in it for all I care. All these troops had a choice. It may have been a shitty choice, but they made a choice to conduct a war of aggression and to invade a sovereign nation without justification.

If you think they had a choice, you don't know much about Russia or Putin.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

If you think they had a choice, you don't know much about Russia or Putin.

Don't need to know anything about Putin. And yet, they had a choice. I'm sure it was a bad one, but they had a choice. You don't not shoot someone who is conducting a home invasion because "they didn't have a choice." Please.

• Upvote 1

Dude, a conscripted Russian soldier has less say about going to war in Ukraine than an American volunteer soldier had about going to war in Iraq. Not to mention the repercussions for an American in that situation are trivial at best compared to a Russian soldier. It’s mighty easy to throw spears from the cheap seats. Are you willing to have your entire family killed/put into prison because you refused to serve? I wouldn’t want to be a military aged male in Russia right now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

Dude, a conscripted Russian soldier has less say about going to war in Ukraine than an American volunteer soldier had about going to war in Iraq. Not to mention the repercussions for an American in that situation are trivial at best compared to a Russian soldier. It’s mighty easy to throw spears from the cheap seats. Are you willing to have your entire family killed/put into prison because you refused to serve? I wouldn’t want to be a military aged male in Russia right now.

Me either, but I don't understand this nitpick. These "soldiers" are making choices. You can feel sorry for them, but why feel guilty about having to kill them? They could desert, rebel, mutiny, shoot their commanders, all sorts of other options. Instead, they choose to conduct a war of aggression. I don't feel sorry for people who are taking the "easy way out" by choosing to kill innocent people.

Would you allow one of these guys who "didn't have a choice" kill your family? I know you know the answer.

6 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

Me either, but I don't understand this nitpick. These "soldiers" are making choices. You can feel sorry for them, but why feel guilty about having to kill them? They could desert, rebel, mutiny, shoot their commanders, all sorts of other options. Instead, they choose to conduct a war of aggression. I don't feel sorry for people who are taking the "easy way out" by choosing to kill innocent people.

Would you allow one of these guys who "didn't have a choice" kill your family? I know you know the answer.

I am guessing you have not followed much of this conflict and you are most certainly approaching this from your vantage point as an American with a mostly free and open press.  Most of the Russian soldiers were told they were going on an exercise, they didn't know it was combat until they were across the line.  Even now Russian Propaganda has shaped their population to believe Ukraine is the aggressor.  When it comes to atrocities, there is obviously no excuse but a large majority of Russian soldiers are uneducated and uniformed conscripts.  You might watch Enemy at the Gates to see just how horrific the Russian way of war is and how motherland soldiers are treated like fodder.  Take your gun and walk that way, hesitate for a second and you get shot in the back of the head. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1