Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

Wow.  Didn't expect that from you.  You've been had.  Talk to some Black Sea desk officers and FAOs about Ukraine from about 2000 up until Russia invaded.  Ukraine is one of the most crooked and corrupt nations on earth.  I understand an active duty person flapping the party line, but dude, do you really believe we should put 25K Americans into that cesspool country that exploited America and NATO for everything it could? And do you really think we are putting a dent into the Russian threat?  They have nukes.  Ukraine doesn't matter just like Afghanistan didn't matter in '89.  The Russians still have nukes.  Let them take that corrupt shithole, then they will really be bleeding ruples and blood trying to control it.  You've been had.

Will respectfully disagree and my position is based not on nativity on the actual nature of the Ukranian government / society but on the successful historical examples of South Korea and Taiwan, both of which were fairly nasty dictatorships we supported and remained engaged with for decades in a slow, positive and ultimately successful transition to modernity and a western influenced, stable, democratic societies.

I have no illusions about a post bellum Western Ukraine project and the difficulty of it being next door to Russia that would be doing everything just short of kinetic actions to undermine this new nation and I have no doubt that eradicating the scrouge of corruption when so many in the Western political classes are eager to personally profit from it would be exceptionally difficult but IMHO it is part of the long difficult road to eventually incorporating the Orthodox World into the West.

Edited by Clark Griswold

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

Ukraine doesn't matter just like Afghanistan didn't matter in '89.  The Russians still have nukes.  Let them take that corrupt shithole, then they will really be bleeding ruples and blood trying to control it.  You've been had.

We supported the savages in ‘89. Not all savages, but they’d definitely stone a dude for sucking dick, much less a girl reading a book. If supporting them helped in some small part to bring down the Berlin Wall then hurray for us. The Ukrainian government may be eastern-euro trash but I don’t see them flying planes into buildings (at least not US ones) anytime soon. Who knows, maybe Ukraine will be the spark that gets Putin drawn and quartered and brings Russia into the light to help us combat China. Just as Clancy intended.

9 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Wow.  Didn't expect that from you.  You've been had.  Talk to some Black Sea desk officers and FAOs about Ukraine from about 2000 up until Russia invaded.  Ukraine is one of the most crooked and corrupt nations on earth.  I understand an active duty person flapping the party line, but dude, do you really believe we should put 25K Americans into that cesspool country that exploited America and NATO for everything it could? And do you really think we are putting a dent into the Russian threat?  They have nukes.  Ukraine doesn't matter just like Afghanistan didn't matter in '89.  The Russians still have nukes.  Let them take that corrupt shithole, then they will really be bleeding ruples and blood trying to control it.  You've been had.

A near-peer has shown their ass on the global stage. They're hauling out WWII-era tanks to replace their losses. They've united the Western world behind them, to the point where NATO is less dependent on them for energy than any time in the last 30 years. They convinced the Scandinavian countries to finally join NATO.

In what world do you look at Russia's current state and say "eh, they haven't lost anything"?

Sure, they have nukes. So does Pakistan. Do you lie awake at night worrying about Pakistan? Having seen the state of their conventional military, I wonder if they even have the capacity to launch the nukes or if they've been picked clean of electronics and scrap aluminum. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The disclosure has raised diplomatic issues that U.S. intelligence has been spying on its allies as well as its adversaries. Asked about whether he was concerned about the leak, Biden played down its potential impact.

"I'm concerned that it happened," Biden said. "But there is nothing contemporaneous that I'm aware of that is of great consequence."

Of course he's not concerned about the consequence of the leaked information.... if we were concerned that mishandling TOP SECRET had grave consequences we would have more questions about the documents found in his Delaware offices and home..... What about the information found in Trump's home? Was that of great consequence? And if the information wasn't of great consequence should it even be labeled TOP SECRET since by definition TOP SECRET is information of exceptionally grave consequence to US National Security? 

This kid also gets the award for absolute dumbest reason to mishandle classified.

Not because you're going to whistle blow a perceived ethical violation, not because you're a no shit spy (which is shitty but at least you have a motivation, money, power, whatever...) Not because you're a fast burner and thought you could get some work done on the weekend.... Like hell..... even Trump clearly had an agenda to drop some bomb shell leaks right into the election......

No..... you literally leaked a trove of sensitive information to impress a group of adolescent Call of Duty gamers..... how fucking moronic do you get.....

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

..... you literally leaked a trove of sensitive information to impress a group of adolescent Call of Duty gamers..... how fucking moronic do you get.....

Can't wait to take a new version of that CBT. Now you not only have to suspect people with money problem and anti-American views but idiot gamer with access to printer in the SCIF. 🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Can't wait to take a new version of that CBT. Now you not only have to suspect people with money problem and anti-American views but idiot gamer with access to printer in the SCIF. 🤡

There's about 100 MQ-9 sensor operators who should all be under investigation now lmao 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/11/2023 at 9:55 PM, Clark Griswold said:

Will respectfully disagree and my position is based not on nativity on the actual nature of the Ukranian government / society but on the successful historical examples of South Korea and Taiwan, both of which were fairly nasty dictatorships we supported and remained engaged with for decades in a slow, positive and ultimately successful transition to modernity and a western influenced, stable, democratic societies.

I have no illusions about a post bellum Western Ukraine project and the difficulty of it being next door to Russia that would be doing everything just short of kinetic actions to undermine this new nation and I have no doubt that eradicating the scrouge of corruption when so many in the Western political classes are eager to personally profit from it would be exceptionally difficult but IMHO it is part of the long difficult road to eventually incorporating the Orthodox World into the West.

Will respectfully disagree times two and you have a lot more perspective on this than I do.  (You're older)  You're not going to get the Japan/South Korea/Taiwan scenerio here.  That's a flaw.  We needed Japan to fall and we need Tawain to remain "independent" of China.  We dont need anything from Ukraine except for them not piss off the Russians enough to disrupt our internet.  Ukraine?  GTFO.  That's the world we're living in.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

This kid also gets the award for absolute dumbest reason to mishandle classified.

Not because you're going to whistle blow a perceived ethical violation, not because you're a no shit spy (which is shitty but at least you have a motivation, money, power, whatever...) Not because you're a fast burner and thought you could get some work done on the weekend.... Like hell..... even Trump clearly had an agenda to drop some bomb shell leaks right into the election......

No..... you literally leaked a trove of sensitive information to impress a group of adolescent Call of Duty gamers..... how fucking moronic do you get.....

Under a discord pseudonym that uses your actual first name Jesus H Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I can see the cyber awareness CBT update now..

Situation of the day:

You're T-bagging n00bs with your CoD buddies in discord and a new user named "Steve the sketchy spy" joins the chat. He sends you an attachment labeled "super dope government intel brief". Do you:

a) open the attachment

b) call the New York Times 

c) go off the grid

d) alert your security manager

d

INCORRECT

e) you forgot to pull your CAC first standby for remediation

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

Is firing squad still an option? Not even kidding. It should be. Might help turn some things around in this military of ours.

Seriously. Let's remind people what happens if you leak documents and you aren't a general or a politician. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Will respectfully disagree times two and you have a lot more perspective on this than I do.  (You're older)  You're not going to get the Japan/South Korea/Taiwan scenerio here.  That's a flaw.  We needed Japan to fall and we need Tawain to remain "independent" of China.  We dont need anything from Ukraine except for them not piss off the Russians enough to disrupt our internet.  Ukraine?  GTFO.  That's the world we're living in.

Fair enough

Ukraine is a significant food (wheat) and mineral exporter, largest country in Europe and strategically placed for access to Mid-East / Central Asia so I'll just disagree on their importance but BO should not be an echo chamber so there we go.

Edited by Clark Griswold
Just caught the past tense in original comment
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, McJay Pilot said:

Unupgraded… direct from the 1950’s. I’d say these bad boys are bound for self-sabotage if their crews have any common sense.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/04/14/russia-sent-70-year-old-t-55-tanks-to-ukraine-without-even-upgrading-them/?sh=59d9d7b734d2

Why would they upgrade them, especially with armor when their top of the line tanks are jack in the boxing with javelins and the like?  It's also sporting a 100mm main gun which I think the Russians have a big unused stockpile of if I remember right.  

4 hours ago, uhhello said:

Why would they upgrade them, especially with armor when their top of the line tanks are jack in the boxing with javelins and the like?  It's also sporting a 100mm main gun which I think the Russians have a big unused stockpile of if I remember right.  

image.png.3de4c42e6f478d9d1a6e52ca13711435.png

lets-go-hamilton-lets-go.gif

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

Unupgraded… direct from the 1950’s. I’d say these bad boys are bound for self-sabotage if their crews have any common sense.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/04/14/russia-sent-70-year-old-t-55-tanks-to-ukraine-without-even-upgrading-them/?sh=59d9d7b734d2

Lol.   My Grandfather probably spent some time in the vault studying how to destroy them.  Lol