Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

I recently had an overnight in Kansas City. Went to the WWI museum. Absolutely fantastic. The section at the beginning devoted to the social, economic, and political situations honestly gave me chills as they nearly identically describe the types of things we’re seeing today. Upstairs, they had a section for the conflicts in Russia. I think it’s a little to easy to be removed from the conflict as all of us are, read headlines, and make an accurate assessment as to who is more committed. This not nearly as one-sided or the outcome as predetermined as most seem to think.

5AB6DBE4-6C00-4257-BB6E-F15FE262208F.thumb.jpeg.fccda43bea6f1a745158905603bf91c1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

this is why its dangerous to stick our nose where it doesn't belong.

Ukraine means NOTHING to the US. NOTHING. it's not a NATO country. it has ZERO national security implications for us. well maybe something to the bidens...$$$...

To you, it means nothing to you.

Luckily you have a very significant minority opinion among regular Americans. Even better, thankfully you and people like you aren't in charge of our foreign policy, because you'd just hang a country and it's people out to dry in order to be violently invaded by it's neighbor & one of our chief geopolitical foes.

How about instead we do what we've been doing, support the Ukrainian people, kneecap the Russian military and Putin's dreams of a renewed Russian Empire, and safeguard a democratic and peaceful Europe once the Russian's inevitably slink back home bloodied and defeated.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

kind of like my minority opinion on the vax and fauci and lockdowns...

yeah cause our foreign policy has been SO well run post WWII let me count the successes!!! oh wait...

ukraine is being used as a chess piece on the board...don't give me this "support the ukranian people" bull shit...if we really cared about them we'd have not pushed nato up to the border of russia since 1990

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

kind of like my minority opinion on the vax and fauci and lockdowns...

yeah cause our foreign policy has been SO well run post WWII let me count the successes!!! oh wait...

ukraine is being used as a chess piece on the board...don't give me this "support the ukranian people" bull shit...if we really cared about them we'd have not pushed nato up to the border of russia since 1990

I think I've asked this of you before.  You're the president and have free reign with support of congress for any decision.  What is your strategy on the invasion of Ukraine and after?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

I mean it kind of has?

We went from among the world powers but not the leader to the unquestioned #1, enemies cowering at our knees as we occupied their countries. Then we made staunch allies out of our former enemies (German, Japan & Italy) and helped unite Europe and essentially end great power conflict on the continent until last year.

Russia rose and fell mostly without a shot and they’re an asspain now but as we’re seeing a bit of a paper tiger. China has grown up tremendously but they’re not there yet.

BLUF: we’re still #1 almost 80 years later. We’re economically, culturally, and militarily the world’s most important  nation.

Not bad IMHO!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, uhhello said:

I think I've asked this of you before.  You're the president and have free reign with support of congress for any decision.  What is your strategy on the invasion of Ukraine and after?

i support them. but it's not a blank check. ukraine is not going to expel russia out of the donbass or crimea.

and likewise russia is not going to annihilate ukraine.

therefore a middle ground solution exists. i'd tell zelensky to find it. and if he can't then we will dictate the terms to him.

our american foreign policy should not be led by a third world, corrupt ex-soviet nation. and we certainly shouldn't be seduced into WW fucking THREE by a ukranian actor.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

I mean it kind of has?

We went from among the world powers but not the leader to the unquestioned #1, enemies cowering at our knees as we occupied their countries. Then we made staunch allies out of our former enemies (German, Japan & Italy) and helped unite Europe and essentially end great power conflict on the continent until last year.

Russia rose and fell mostly without a shot and they’re an asspain now but as we’re seeing a bit of a paper tiger. China has grown up tremendously but they’re not there yet.

BLUF: we’re still #1 almost 80 years later. We’re economically, culturally, and militarily the world’s most important  nation.

Not bad IMHO!

you left out a lot LOL jfc baghdad bob

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BashiChuni said:

you left out a lot LOL jfc baghdad bob

Spot the lie though.

Yea, lots of screw ups when we feel squirrelly and go on adventures (Vietnam & OIF primarily IMHO), but did we not go from mid to global hegemon for nearly 80 years running?

I’d rather be us than anyone else by far, and that has been the case for my entire life plus the entire lives of my parents as well. Again, not bad!

6 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

i support them. but it's not a blank check. ukraine is not going to expel russia out of the donbass or crimea.

and likewise russia is not going to annihilate ukraine.

therefore a middle ground solution exists. i'd tell zelensky to find it. and if he can't then we will dictate the terms to him.

our american foreign policy should not be led by a third world, corrupt ex-soviet nation. and we certainly shouldn't be seduced into WW fucking THREE by a ukranian actor.

So basically, with none of us here knowing exactly what is discussed behind closed doors, you wouldn't change any of the support given so far.  I don't think we disagree much.  You can sleep easier tonight knowing so 🙂

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

To you, it means nothing to you.

Luckily you have a very significant minority opinion among regular Americans. Even better, thankfully you and people like you aren't in charge of our foreign policy, because you'd just hang a country and it's people out to dry in order to be violently invaded by it's neighbor & one of our chief geopolitical foes.

How about instead we do what we've been doing, support the Ukrainian people, kneecap the Russian military and Putin's dreams of a renewed Russian Empire, and safeguard a democratic and peaceful Europe once the Russian's inevitably slink back home bloodied and defeated

JFC.  They've really gotten to you.  We are kneecapping the Russian military?  I hate to play this tape again, but your mind is so easily controlled, the gov't could tell you anything.  You think we are doing anything to the Russian military?  You think Lockheed Martin, Ratheon, Boeing, etc care what effects we are having on Russia?  Heck, tomorrow they could tell you that we need to have effects in the HOA.  Or Afghanistan.  I don't think you understand how the US government works.

9 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

JFC.  They've really gotten to you.  We are kneecapping the Russian military?  I hate to play this tape again, but your mind is so easily controlled, the gov't could tell you anything.  You think we are doing anything to the Russian military?  You think Lockheed Martin, Ratheon, Boeing, etc care what effects we are having on Russia?  Heck, tomorrow they could tell you that we need to have effects in the HOA.  Or Afghanistan.  I don't think you understand how the US government works.

😂

Dude, I work for the government. I’m in the vault watching stuff happen, sometimes live. I am the “they.” Are you? Or were you? Go with quals.

I will again remind everyone that you come off as a fundamentally unserious person. Ps what caused that bender you went on the other night?? Ambien and whiskey are a hell of a combination from what I understand!

”…they could tell you that we need to have effects in the HOA”

MFer we DID have very noticeable “effects” in the HOA last week and let’s just say I’m extremely familiar with the purpose for the operation and the results of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/politics/isis-leader-us-somalia-raid.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Edited by nsplayr
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

MFer we DID have very noticeable “effects” in the HOA last week and let’s just say I’m extremely familiar with the purpose for the operation and the results of it.

We did?  Rejoice!  WTF are you believing dude?  And yes, I do drink and type.  I'm an American.

9 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

😂

Dude, I work for the government. I’m in the vault watching stuff happen, sometimes live. I am the “they.” Are you? Or were you? Go with quals.

I will again remind everyone that you come off as a fundamentally unserious person. Ps what caused that bender you went on the other night?? Ambien and whiskey are a hell of a combination from what I understand!

”…they could tell you that we need to have effects in the HOA”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/us/politics/isis-leader-us-somalia-raid.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

exactly what a gotten person would say

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Are you seriously, logging into the internet, on a forum...and trying to put out wisdom?  If you are doing that, stop.  Yes I come off on here as a fundamentally unserious person.  As does everyone else, regardless of what they claim.  This isn't the 1990s.  For christ's sake we have people like Biff coming on here spewing stuff.  He's probably in one of those homes for old people.  You're on the internet dude.

43 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

We went from among the world powers but not the leader to the unquestioned #1, enemies cowering at our knees as we occupied their countries.

Not bad IMHO!

Now that’s how you endear yourself to the world you’re dominating! 😆

3 minutes ago, gearhog said:

Now that’s how you endear yourself to the world you’re dominating! 😆

I mean it was a bit tongue in cheek, but yea, I mean Hitler offed himself in a bunker like a coward and the Japanese emperor got down off his throne and surrendered onboard the Missouri. If they didn’t like it they should have been better at war :flag_waving:

Some of y’all are really down some weird rabbit holes about how America sucks and is the bad guy and it’s all a conspiracy and “they” want you to believe this or that. It’s just really strange on a board supposedly populated mostly by military aviators…

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, uhhello said:

So basically, with none of us here knowing exactly what is discussed behind closed doors, you wouldn't change any of the support given so far.  I don't think we disagree much.  You can sleep easier tonight knowing so 🙂

I hope you’re right. 

based on the track record of this admin and president I’m not holding my breath

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gearhog said:

recently had an overnight in Kansas City. Went to the WWI museum. Absolutely fantastic. The section at the beginning devoted to the social, economic, and political situations honestly gave me chills as they nearly identically describe the types of things we’re seeing today. Upstairs, they had a section for the conflicts in Russia. I think it’s a little to easy to be removed from the conflict as all of us are, read headlines, and make an accurate assessment as to who is more committed. This not nearly as one-sided or the outcome as predetermined as most seem to think.

l had to go to that went I went through SAMS. We ended up having a seminar in there, don't remember much about it except the British student knew a shitload more about what happened at Verdon than we did.

Just now, nsplayr said:

I mean it was a bit tongue in cheek, but yea, I mean Hitler offed himself in a bunker like a coward and the Japanese emperor got down off his throne and surrendered onboard the Missouri. If they didn’t like it they should have been better at war :flag_waving:

Some of y’all are really down some weird rabbit holes about how America sucks and is the bad guy and it’s all a conspiracy and “they” want you to believe this or that. It’s just really strange on a board supposedly populated mostly by military aviators…

Oh, you were just joking… yeah.

I have never said America sucks. America is undoubtedly the pinnacle of human civilization. But it’s not perfect in that we’ve allowed our system of government to be led increasingly by corrupt leadership that are not acting in our best interests. You know, the expansionist imperial types who are willing to enrich themselves and expand their power by manipulating the gullibles. The types that want to crush their enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. You can relate.

• Like 1

It’s not. You’re arguing against a straw man you’re making up. The problem with these arguments is the media pigeon holes the opposition in a broad brush. Against COVID measures? You want grandma to die. 

against Ukraine endless commitment? You hate America. Be smarter than that. You’re a military aviator after all.