Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

7 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

His food requirements are going to put an even bigger strain on their logistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe their plan is he will eat all of the Ukranians food and try to starve them all? 

Does Putin even know this guy is on his side? He may be pissed Putin lost McDonalds for Russia. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheNewGazmo said:

I remember them firing them off at Kandyland as well. Always made me wonder what we were actually shooting at.

Ever read "The Heart of Darkness"?  The parallels are unreal.  Joseph Conrad's novel about colonial Africa, late 1800s I think.  I had to read it for classes a couple times, once in high school and twice in college.

"For a time I would feel I belonged still to a world of straightforward facts; but the feeling would not last long. Something would turn up to scare it away. Once, I remember, we came upon a man-of-war anchored off the coast. There wasn’t even a shed there, and she was shelling the bush. It appears the French had one of their wars going on thereabouts. Her ensign dropped limp like a rag; the muzzles of the long six-inch guns stuck out all over the low hull; the greasy, slimy swell swung her up lazily and let her down, swaying her thin masts. In the empty immensity of earth, sky, and water, there she was, incomprehensible, firing into a continent. Pop, would go one of the six-inch guns; a small flame would dart and vanish, a little white smoke would disappear, a tiny projectile would give a feeble screech—and nothing happened. Nothing could happen. There was a touch of insanity in the proceeding, a sense of lugubrious drollery in the sight; and it was not dissipated by somebody on board assuring me earnestly there was a camp of natives—he called them enemies!—hidden out of sight somewhere."

Anyway that book inspired a couple follow-ons, the classic Apocalypse Now, the newer sci-fi movie Ad Astra, and a video game 10 years back or so called 'Spec-Ops: The Line'.

Edited by Clayton Bigsby
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FLEA said:

Maybe their plan is he will eat all of the Ukranians food and try to starve them all? 

Does Putin even know this guy is on his side? He may be pissed Putin lost McDonalds for Russia. 

We know where all the grain is going now...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, TheNewGazmo said:
On 6/26/2022 at 5:06 AM, uhhello said:
Man, nothing like having a relaxing cigar on the balcony on Bastion when those ers would light off.

I remember them firing them off at Kandyland as well. Always made me wonder what we were actually shooting at.

Probably the producer's EBITDA margin. 

• Downvote 1

Just curious how those sanctions against Russia are working?

“Saudi Arabia more than doubled Russian oil imports in the second quarter, freeing up their own crude for export”

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/russia-saudi-arabia-oil-fuel-energy-sanctions-inflation-ukraine-2022-7?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sf-bi-main&fbclid=IwAR3ESt3yq7zNbuJeefhAs2HEDiT7cFjrlAljLc5ZV0UqAEXAAG4cyw8rm60

Just now, HeloDude said:

Just curious how those sanctions against Russia are working?

“Saudi Arabia more than doubled Russian oil imports in the second quarter, freeing up their own crude for export”

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/commodities/russia-saudi-arabia-oil-fuel-energy-sanctions-inflation-ukraine-2022-7?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sf-bi-main&fbclid=IwAR3ESt3yq7zNbuJeefhAs2HEDiT7cFjrlAljLc5ZV0UqAEXAAG4cyw8rm60

Yup, not working at all and making things miserable here in the US.  Clearly the people running international policy are highly intelligent 🙄

Curious if sanctions have ever worked.  I can’t think of a case.

2 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Yup, not working at all and making things miserable here in the US.  Clearly the people running international policy are highly intelligent 🙄

Curious if sanctions have ever worked.  I can’t think of a case.

Plenty of people on here seemed to believe they would work.  Many are those who also believed the forced covid lockdowns were a good idea.

Emotional decisions don’t usually work out too well in the end…

“Germany worries about gas rationing as supply from Russia halted”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/19/germany-worries-about-gas-rationing-as-supply-from-russia-halted

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Ukrainian military has endangered Ukrainian civilians by establishing bases and operating weapons systems in residential areas - including in schools and hospitals - as it has sought to repel the Russian invasion, Amnesty International said today.

Ukraine’s tactics have violated international humanitarian law as they’ve turned civilian objects into military targets. The ensuing Russian strikes in populated areas have killed civilians and destroyed civilian infrastructure. 

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/ukraine-military-endangering-civilians-locating-forces-residential-areas-new

• Downvote 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, BashiChuni said:

How many more BILLIONS are we gonna send our Ukrainian heroes?

I’m willing to send many more billions because A) it helps keep the Ukrainian people free from Russian tyranny, and B) it continues to bleed out one of our biggest geopolitical opponents without costing a single American life.

Sounds like money well spent to me!

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 10

15 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

A lot, I hope. As others have pointed out, I'm willing to spend a lot to destroy Russia's military with zero threat to American lives. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Something to consider: 

-Would Russia stop with Ukraine?  There are geographic reasons to suspect they would not.  Namely that Russia has poor natural geographic borders without controlling the Baltics, Moldova and about half of Poland.  There's a reason it ended up controlling those areas after WW2 (negotiated).

-Based on what we've seen of their performance in Ukraine, I don't think anyone thinks the Russian military would stand a chance against NATO in a conventional war.  I'm not sure US troops would even be needed; but if the US is involved, it is for sure a forgone conclusion that Russia loses badly.

-If you grant me those two points for the sake of discussion, does that increase or decrease the threat of a nuclear weapon(s) being used on the European continent?

• Upvote 2