Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

Picture of the Moskva 2389663c08519e49e8ab295e3acc3420.jpg

Appears to be in the middle of fighting fires aboard. Obviously the guy on the support vessel who snapped this didn’t do his annual cyber awareness and OpSec training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two holes at the water line , turned everything inside and above into a inferno.

36 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Good video of Russians getting grenade’d.

Looks like a possible setup/PR trap by the Russians. Standing by for Russian state media headline: ‘Ukrainian Nazi Regiment Slaughters Civilians in Mariupol’ with associated photos/video of burning civilian vehicles. 

39 minutes ago, Sim said:

interesting interview.

"Interesting" in the sense that you can show people this video as an example of everything we learned at SERE being applied in real life.

The interviewer pretends to be an independent western journalist but is actually employed by and under armed guard of the FSB. He used to be an amateur blogger doing reviews of prostitutes before the FSB picked him up. He's done such a good job they even gave him a medal.

https://m.censor.net/en/photo_news/349247/graham_phillips_british_pseudojournalist_as_a_tool_of_russias_fsb_and_kremlins_propaganda_photos

https://www.stopfake.org/en/british-citizen-exposed-as-a-tool-of-russia-s-fsb/

Also, im pretty sure the dude isn't a mercenary he's a member of the Ukrainian military and has been for like 5 years.

The interviewers constant prodding about "and everything you say is of your own free will right?? We aren't forcing you to say anything right??" To the guy literally wearing handcuffs should have been your first clue something wasn't right here. 

Edited by Best-22
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Prozac said:

Looks like a possible setup/PR trap by the Russians. Standing by for Russian state media headline: ‘Ukrainian Nazi Regiment Slaughters Civilians in Mariupol’ with associated photos/video of burning civilian vehicles. 

Possible, but I doubt it.  If you look close at the end there’s about 6-9 Russian pigs with Russian uniforms/weapons getting snuffed out.  Seems lately like the Russians are barely trying to justify their actions; I don’t think the “de-Nazify” horseshit is getting traction with anyone.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Possible, but I doubt it.  If you look close at the end there’s about 6-9 Russian pigs with Russian uniforms/weapons getting snuffed out.  Seems lately like the Russians are barely trying to justify their actions; I don’t think the “de-Nazify” horseshit is getting traction with anyone.

They’ll pick and choose the footage & stills they decide to show. Probably won’t fool many in the west, but the domestic audience is an important one for Putin and a good portion of them seem to be willing to choke down whatever story the state serves them. Hopefully things will change as Russian soldiers fail to return home, store shelves continue to get barer, and upper middle class & rich Russian citizens continue to have their travel privileges curtailed. Even domestic travel will eventually become difficult as Russian airlines struggle to maintain the hundreds of aircraft they have essentially stolen from western leasing companies. 

• Like 1

The casualties continue to mount and the numbers are staggering. 

In 60 days Russian has suffered 30,000 casualties, 10,000 of which are KIA.  For context that is four time what the U.S. lost in Afghanistan in 20 YEARS.

I read a report yesterday that said Russia has lost 25% of its combat power.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The casualties continue to mount and the numbers are staggering. 

In 60 days Russian has suffered 30,000 casualties, 10,000 of which are KIA.  For context that is four what the U.S. lost in Afghanistan in 20 YEARS.

I read a report yesterday that said Russia has lost 25% of its combat power.

How much longer until Putin’s generals pull a Julius Caesar on him? Most Russians don’t want this war. 

1 hour ago, dream big said:

How much longer until Putin’s generals pull a Julius Caesar on him? Most Russians don’t want this war. 

He has already purged some military folks, I have to imagine his circle is shrinking.

18 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

He has already purged some military folks, I have to imagine his circle is shrinking.

I have no idea what kind of system they have in place to control their nukes but I hope the people in that chain aren't insane enough to launch no matter what the inner circle decides.

Seems there's been some massive industrial fires at key infrastructure sites over the past few days.  The kind that grinds Russia's ability to make missile propellants, chemicals, solvents, etc to a halt.  That they can't now import due to sanctions.

Real shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

none of this shit is good or in our interests to continue escalating this war

I don't think it's in our interests to sit back while large countries invade smaller ones.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

none of this shit is good or in our interests to continue escalating this war

It is good and in the interest of a whole lot of people to continue escalating this war.

Imagine how much more money Lockheed, L3, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Boeing, Northrop, and others could make if this carried on forever! It's great for them and the politicians they pay!

• Downvote 1