Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

What was the whole video context before that propaganda site edited their hot take and took his comment out of context?

Well, now that I have seen Joe give his explanation (see BashiChuni's post above), I understand it all.  We're not sending troops there, we're not suggesting regime change, and I'm actually not sure about Chem. weapons.

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

Prozac just curious how powerful do you think the US is? Do you think we possess the outright capability to uphold some of these claims without significant and permenant damage to the US and it's interests.... Because that's a big part of all of this. We have the greatest military on the globe but not the greatest military on anyone one spot in the globe, and the logistics Kung Fu required to make that isn't really achievable without significant exposure and vulnerability of our country's strategic centers of gravity. I think that's a huge piece people misunderstand. 

The One China policy is an American product, borne from a time when we thought the natural order of things was the liberalization of mainland China. Since they are going backwards, why should we force ourselves to continue this policy? What’s to stop us from recognizing Taiwan as an independent country (should they decide that’s the direction they want to pursue) & establishing normal relations while encouraging other enlightened countries to do the same? Up to this point in history I would’ve said that scenario was just about impossible, as too many nations had major economic interests in China and would balk at the idea before it ever got any traction. But given recent events, my hope is that more of the world is willing to recognize and challenge the bad actors on the geopolitical stage. China is committing genocide on its Western frontier, has quashed democracy in Hong Kong (and ruined a once great world city), has been irresponsible (at best) with pathogens and unleashed a deadly plague on the entire world, routinely intimidates its neighbors and ignores their legitimate territorial claims, constantly commits industrial espionage/steals intellectual property, and overtly threatens Taiwan with war. They’ve also refused to denounce the Russian invasion and appear to have taken the Russian side in its conflict with Ukraine. If there were ever a time that the world could get behind Taiwanese independence, now is it. I would go so far as advocating for cementing our defense agreement with Taiwan in no uncertain terms and permanently placing US military assets in Taiwan & the straight. The American people have signaled they’re willing to make sacrifices in order to support freedom around the globe (another thing that makes this place uniquely special). I wonder if the CCP can equally afford to sacrifice its own economic interests in the name of Taiwanese reunification? My guess is absolutely not. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

AA634D8C-5EB9-460A-BAC1-38BABB14CEB7.jpeg

best-22 i'm curious why the down vote on this picture?

seems....immature to say the least.

it's not great that Biden's WH, his own sec state, and now the french president have to walk back his comments.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

it's not great that Biden's WH, his own sec state, and now the french president have to walk back his comments.

Because you rarely argue in good faith, and I disagree with the notion that if only we tiptoe around Putins feelings long enough then surely he'll stop doing bad things. 

Plus its been 2 days now and still no escalatory rhetoric in response, seems like it wasn't that big of deal

Edited by Best-22
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, VigilanteNav said:

Was wondering if the IED would come into play...

Before the war we had Special Forces (Green Berets) there training Ukrainian's not to fight like Russians. If you believe all the talking heads in DC, they don't believe the Russians have yet begun to fight by not sending their best troops 7 dead Generals and a Col. ran over by his own troops later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VigilanteNav said:

Was wondering if the IED would come into play...

After watching this short video - here's some very basic demo info: To me It appears that this setup is composed of one long det cord main line that runs parallel to the road, 5 short det cord branch lines that are connected to the det cord main line, and 5 main charges that are connected to the 5 branch lines. When initiated it all goes boom at about 21,000 feet per second. Enough said at this point.

17 hours ago, waveshaper said:

After watching this short video - here's some very basic demo info: To me It appears that this setup is composed of one long det cord main line that runs parallel to the road, 5 short det cord branch lines that are connected to the det cord main line, and 5 main charges that are connected to the 5 branch lines. When initiated it all goes boom at about 21,000 feet per second. Enough said at this point.

Wow how many and how long for the Ukrainians to set that up? I can't believe the Russians haven't figured out that if you don't have ISR/surveillance watching the routes the other side will leave all kinds of little presents. The only other option is cross country.

51 minutes ago, fire4effect said:

Wow how many and how long for the Ukrainians to set that up? I can't believe the Russians haven't figured out that if you don't have ISR/surveillance watching the routes the other side will leave all kinds of little presents. The only other option is cross country.

I don't think Russia has the megalithic ISR enterprise we have for those sorts of operations. Theyve historically invested most of their intelligence ventures into HUMINT, something they've historically been much better at us in. 

21 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

calling out someone because you got downvoted?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, ViperMan said:

For real? Sorry, did I miss the major news story that China has invaded a sovereign country (unprovokedly) and is shelling civilians in a criminal manner? I get China ain't our friend, but this comparison exemplifies "specious." Call me when China starts dropping cluster munitions in Taipai...I'll get on board with your theme.

Yes, for real. I’d recommend paying more attention to what China has been doing over the last 20 years. 

23 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Nice video of a T-72 getting schwacked by some sort of LAW.

My language is a little rusty but I think he said "I got you mutha fucka, and I hope I got yo mama too!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fire4effect said:

This looks like a very simple set up. A well trained/experienced team of four (plus security personnel) could most likely accomplish this task in about 40 minutes or so but there could be lots of other time - consuming task/variables, particularly if installing multiple electric/mechanical triggering devices, etc.  Keeping it simple = The team would have to do a detailed recon of the area/rehearse the plan of attack, prep all the demo material like cut the 5 det cord branch lines/sensitize all five det cord branch lines/check electric blasting caps/test initiation system/prep the 5 demo charges (example - M183 Satchel Charges/20lbs of C-4 each - which looks like about the approximate size of the charges used in this video), etc, etc. Next step - when the time is right the team gets to work putting everything in place IAW with the plan. Final steps/Command Detonation Mode - one person stays down range and everyone else heads to the safe area. Final hook-up takes about a minute or so = make a small hole in the ground a couple feet from the det cord main line, place the electric blasting cap/detonator (explosive end/nose down in the hole, turn the receiver switch to the armed position - most receivers have a built-in safe separation timer), after 30 second if the electric blasting cap hasn't detonated connect it to the det cord main line. Head to the safe/reviewing stand area, fire up the popcorn machine, and watch/wait for your target to arrive - then press and hold the transmitter fire button = boom.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

This looks like a very simple set up. A well trained/experienced team of four (plus security personnel) could most likely accomplish this task in about 40 minutes or so but there could be lots of other time - consuming task/variables, particularly if installing multiple electric/mechanical triggering devices, etc.  Keeping it simple = The team would have to do a detailed recon of the area/rehearse the plan of attack, prep all the demo material like cut the 5 det cord branch lines/sensitize all five det cord branch lines/check electric blasting caps/test initiation system/prep the 5 demo charges (example - M183 Satchel Charges/20lbs of C-4 each - which looks like about the approximate size of the charges used in this video), etc, etc. Next step - when the time is right the team gets to work putting everything in place IAW with the plan. Final steps/Command Detonation Mode - one person stays down range and everyone else heads to the safe area. Final hook-up takes about a minute or so = make a small hole in the ground a couple feet from the det cord main line, place the electric blasting cap/detonator (explosive end/nose down in the hole, turn the receiver switch to the armed position - most receivers have a built-in safe separation timer), after 30 second if the electric blasting cap hasn't detonated connect it to the det cord main line. Head to the safe/reviewing stand area, fire up the popcorn machine, and watch/wait for your target to arrive - then press and hold the transmitter fire button = boom.

tenor-102489078.gif

Edited by uhhello
  • Haha 2