Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Anyone see the video of Zelensky strolling down the street to the hospital, then awarding some medals to injured dudes and hospital staff.  Dude has some huge stones, reminiscent of Churchill during the blitz.  I hope they can keep this guy alive. 

U1.png

U2.jpg

U5.jpg

Dudes a fucking saint. He will go down in history as a legend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

7C9118FB-CD43-4C5E-BEA5-7377C331D611.png

I can see now the CEO and CFO figuring out to have cost over runs. Everyone needs to get on Netflix and watch Downfall on how executives destroyed an Engineering and quality led culture. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Prosuper said:

I can see now the CEO and CFO figuring out to have cost over runs. Everyone needs to get on Netflix and watch Downfall on how executives destroyed an Engineering and quality led culture. 

Just my one isolated experience but:

At a career fair I was speaking with their VP of talent hiring/whatever you want to call it. She said why should I hire you. I said I possessed better than average academic talent and practical technical skills that not every body has. She replied with "everybody here is smart", and handed me back my resume. I guess everybody can throw the ball like Brady too. Make of it what you will, it all worked out for me, been building boats and flying airplanes and have no regrets, especially after watching them put two new 73s into the ground =/.

3 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10603045/Putin-places-head-FSBs-foreign-intelligence-branch-house-arrest.html

Looks like the Russian blame game for the debacle in Ukraine has started.

Lets hope we keep the pressure up and this gang of dbags learn the lesson of Icarus. He should've just run his clock out and sat in his billion dollar palace on the Black Sea placarded with all its czar double headed eagle memorabilia. If he falls it's going to be a long way down. 

I've become even more skeptical of his NATO expansion BS excuse after learning more about him. All this "for the motherland" bologna, what a load of shit. I hope the Russian people go take back their Kremlin. And people think corruption here is bad.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

A humanitarian airlift proposal:

A Humanitarian Airlift for Ukraine - WSJ

Author proposes volunteers and Western nations provide cover to/inside/from Ukraine and returning fire on Russian forces if fired upon during airlift ops, seems like a call for sacrificial lambs to start direct hostilities between Russia and the West.

Or if the airfield was in the west of Ukraine and cargo ops (upload, enroute, download) were monitored by a trusted third party (say an Indian AF rep and reported as only humanitarian) could this work?

Use civil aircraft with specific tails only, only certain routes, certain times, etc... thinking a civil fleet like the Samaritan's Purse DC-8 

Your daily dose of SAM vs. Aircraft (purported to be Ukrainian vs. Russian)...   SA-11 anyone?   Reddit comments help with the live Ukrainian commentary.  Channeling my inner Commander Metcalf (AKA Viper):  "well, that'll just about cover the no fly zone".  

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

A humanitarian airlift proposal:

A Humanitarian Airlift for Ukraine - WSJ

Author proposes volunteers and Western nations provide cover to/inside/from Ukraine and returning fire on Russian forces if fired upon during airlift ops, seems like a call for sacrificial lambs to start direct hostilities between Russia and the West.

Or if the airfield was in the west of Ukraine and cargo ops (upload, enroute, download) were monitored by a trusted third party (say an Indian AF rep and reported as only humanitarian) could this work?

Use civil aircraft with specific tails only, only certain routes, certain times, etc... thinking a civil fleet like the Samaritan's Purse DC-8 

I smelled a neocon and low and behold one of the authors is:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_J._Feith   But, seriously, as a tac airlifter, no way (even civilian options) until Putin no longer has the ability to hit the airfields inside of Ukraine or signs the truce to put this thing into a stalemate.  I know its not delivering the aid to the last tactical mile but there is this going on... https://www.unhcr.org/ceu/45701-unhcr-delivers-first-humanitarian-airlift-to-republic-of-moldova-for-refugees-from-ukraine.html    I was in Amman, Jordan a few years back and got to inspect a UN World Food Program IL-76 loaded up with CDS bundles.  They were going to go airdrop them in Syria.  I was a bit jealous because we were only doing airland into Syria and not airdrops.  I found a story about it....https://www.wfp.org/stories/how-do-you-drop-food-17000-feet-conflict-zone-watch-our-video

Edited by VigilanteNav
Added link to a story

1 hour ago, VigilanteNav said:

I smelled a neocon and low and behold one of the authors is:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_J._Feith   But, seriously, as a tac airlifter, no way (even civilian options) until Putin no longer has the ability to hit the airfields inside of Ukraine or signs the truce to put this thing into a stalemate.  I know its not delivering the aid to the last tactical mile but there is this going on... https://www.unhcr.org/ceu/45701-unhcr-delivers-first-humanitarian-airlift-to-republic-of-moldova-for-refugees-from-ukraine.html    I was in Amman, Jordan a few years back and got to inspect a UN World Food Program IL-76 loaded up with CDS bundles.  They were going to go airdrop them in Syria.  I was a bit jealous because we were only doing airland into Syria and not airdrops.  I found a story about it....https://www.wfp.org/stories/how-do-you-drop-food-17000-feet-conflict-zone-watch-our-video

Thanks for digging into it, that's good info for context.  I was/am pretty skeptical of the concept except as a Bay of Tonkin like effort to start WW3 unless the Russians bought off on it and agreed to hold fires to cover both ground and air ops for this hypothetical relief mission, not holding breath for that.  

Given the fact these missions would be ORM of around 1 million, the DO might have to sign off on them first...

Appreciate the link on humanitarian mission to Moldova then delivery to Ukraine, whatever good can be done do it.  

3 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Thanks for digging into it, that's good info for context.  I was/am pretty skeptical of the concept except as a Bay of Tonkin like effort to start WW3 unless the Russians bought off on it and agreed to hold fires to cover both ground and air ops for this hypothetical relief mission, not holding breath for that.  

Given the fact these missions would be ORM of around 1 million, the DO might have to sign off on them first...

Appreciate the link on humanitarian mission to Moldova then delivery to Ukraine, whatever good can be done do it.  

As long as they hydrate/caffeinate and execute missions part task everything should be fine.  

16 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

lol

"can you speak to what your mitigation plan for this is? do you feel well rested?"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The very last second you can see a dude running out of it, on fire. 

His crewmates were not so lucky.  The fire blowing out of the turret ring is a standard indicator that the ammunition inside is cooking off.  They have lost a LOT of armor and people, to the point they are being forced to bring in replacements from Russia. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

His crewmates were not so lucky.  The fire blowing out of the turret ring is a standard indicator that the ammunition inside is cooking off.  They have lost a LOT of armor and people, to the point they are being forced to bring in replacements from Russia. 

One of Murphys Laws of Combat "The easy way is always mined"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I'm thinking a mine, that thing cooked off quick and those dudes never had a chance.

The tank commander got blown out the top and flew to the lower left of the screen at least 100 yards. Historical note, the Germans did the same thing to our Sherman tanks crews in France. Most of the crews that landed at Normandy never made to the end of the year.

19 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Historical note, the Germans did the same thing to our Sherman tanks crews in France. Most of the crews that landed at Normandy never made to the end of the year.

The guy who taught me to fly tailwheel was a WW2 tank driver.   Dude never talked about his time over there, and as much as I wanted to hear his story, I never brought it up.  He did have a shadow box hanging in the hangar, dude had 2 Silver Stars, 2 Bronze Stars w/V device and a Purple Heart.   Most humble and unassuming dude I've ever met.  I can't even imagine what he saw/experienced, what a generation!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3