Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

10 hours ago, arg said:

I remember two very weird stories told in bars. First was a guy talking about getting a BJ from a bottle calf. Never thought anything could top that until years later a guy trying to explain how you could fuck a chicken without killing it. Didn't hang around for the full explanation of that. Iv'e been drunk enough to think some pretty stupid things were good ideas but never been drunk enough to even think about something like that. 

Jesus man, what the hell kinda bars are you hanging out in? 😳

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I can't find a way to post a new thread so maybe this could be moved?

I'm wondering what the feasibility would be of dropping medications or critical supplies from a B2 or other stealth platform with internal storage bays over Ukraine. Could this be done with a HALO parachute system?

30 minutes ago, donzoh1 said:

I'm wondering what the feasibility would be of dropping medications or critical supplies from a B2 or other stealth platform with internal storage bays over Ukraine. Could this be done with a HALO parachute system?

So let me get this straight…you want to fly nuclear-capable US bombers over Ukraine, directly into Russian IADS, and somehow HALO airdrop cargo from an internal weapons bay?

Are you actually a member of the United States Air Force in some capacity? Please tell me no 🤞

My expert recommendation is to just put that stuff on trucks and drive it in from Poland but I’m just spitballing here…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

So let me get this straight…you want to fly nuclear-capable US bombers over Ukraine, directly into Russian IADS, and somehow HALO airdrop cargo from an internal weapons bay?

Are you actually a member of the United States Air Force in some capacity? Please tell me no 🤞

My expert recommendation is to just put that stuff on trucks and drive it in from Poland but I’m just spitballing here…

Easy his intentions are pure, but yes let's just truck it in lol. 

Does the US have a land based cruise missile system? I know the army was playing with some anti ship missiles. Seems to me rolling a couple of those across the border from Poland would solve a lot of problems....but maybe start WW3.

2 hours ago, donzoh1 said:

No need to risk a B-2 - The Air Force wants $48 million to drop commandos into battle from orbit

Anyone remember Col John Warden and his Five Rings...he was the architect of the first Gulf War Air Campaign and in follow on work advocated for food bombing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

they PM'd me (for some reason?) asking the same thing...I assumed it was a russian 12 yr old and reported it🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Jesus man, what the hell kinda bars are you hanging out in? 😳

The first one was in a bar at Osan, second was at the Fireside in FWB.

Maybe we need a 'crazy shit I've heard in bars thread'.

• Upvote 2

No need to risk a B-2 - The Air Force wants $48 million to drop commandos into battle from orbit
Anyone remember Col John Warden and his Five Rings...he was the architect of the first Gulf War Air Campaign and in follow on work advocated for food bombing.

Ok… there is an understanding that seems to be missing with the constant “let’s deploy faster!” Ideas.

During the deployment is when the assault force is collecting intel and performing mission planning. It’s built into the deployment cycle for SOF. Otherwise all we are doing is getting to a place faster to build the plan there.

Not to mention you have to deploy all those supporting elements to make it successful. So either way you’ll be waiting on somebody. Because we aren’t going to fit these dozen+ C17 package SOF contingencies on a 100ton payload rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, arg said:

I remember two very weird stories told in bars. First was a guy talking about getting a BJ from a bottle calf. Never thought anything could top that until years later a guy trying to explain how you could fuck a chicken without killing it. Didn't hang around for the full explanation of that. Iv'e been drunk enough to think some pretty stupid things were good ideas but never been drunk enough to even think about something like that. 

to quote the show Letterkenny "allegedly" if you know you know.

• Upvote 1

90% of the time when someone talks about the OODA loop I want to put my head through a wall. So of course I looked at the link. Like a masochist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

If confirmed, then scratch one ruskie corvette. The Ukrainians' asymmetric prowess on display. That's no onesie twosie tank loss now, that's a big toy vladimir just got summarily das boot'd. 😄 

Pickles.jpeg

OldLady.webp

Now this is some strange sh&#/like something you might see back in the Cold War Days (if true?):

Here's just one of many reports on this incident that have been released in the last hour or so:

Official: Drone that crashed in Croatia carried a bomb

'Croatia's defense minister says a military drone that apparently flew all the way from the Ukrainian war zone over three European NATO-member states before crashing in an urban zone of the Croatian capital was armed with an explosive device'

'The Soviet-made aircraft crossed Romania and Hungary before entering Croatia, slamming into a field near a student dormitory late Thursday. About 40 parked cars were damaged in the large explosion, but no one was injured.'

'NATO said the alliance’s integrated air and missile defense had tracked the object’s flight path. But Croatian officials said the country’s authorities weren't informed and that NATO reacted only after questions were posed by journalists.'

'Croatian investigators identified the unmanned aircraft that crashed in Zagreb as a Soviet-era Tu-141 that was used for reconnaissance missions in both countries in the 1980s.'

Official: Drone that crashed in Croatia carried a bomb - ABC News (go.com)

Anyone see the video of Zelensky strolling down the street to the hospital, then awarding some medals to injured dudes and hospital staff.  Dude has some huge stones, reminiscent of Churchill during the blitz.  I hope they can keep this guy alive. 

U1.png

U2.jpg

U5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12