Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

Houston for the most part.  Its not that exciting though.  Working with pipelines etc..There aren't as many as there use to be.  I work for a tech vendor, its been fun.  Not without its challenges but better than anything else I've done.

Houston is fucking awesome and us way under credited for great places to live. It's coastal, the fastest growing city in the US, and despite what liberal Texans would say about Austin, Houston is the real heart of culture in Texas. It has large immigrant communities, and because of that, the second best culinary scene in the US, only after NYC. Weather is great year round, just a little warm and muggy in summers. I begged my wife to go to Houston but it was too far from family for her. 

3 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Houston is ing awesome and us way under credited for great places to live. It's coastal, the fastest growing city in the US, and despite what liberal Texans would say about Austin, Houston is the real heart of culture in Texas. It has large immigrant communities, and because of that, the second best culinary scene in the US, only after NYC. Weather is great year round, just a little warm and muggy in summers. I begged my wife to go to Houston but it was too far from family for her. 

There are 4 months with pretty bad weather.  But great food, very diverse.  You are right on a # of factors.  

It's very suburban so lots of sprawl and thats hard to get away from.  

We lived in CO and were far from family.  I either work from home or travel so we moved back east.  If the company wants me in Houston they can pay me to move....but Im pretty happy in the South East.  

12 minutes ago, hockeydork said:

Don't you wish you could buy them all a beer?

At a minimum.  I went to ACSC with two Ukrainian officers, I think about them and their families every day.  No idea if they're dead or alive.

5 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Ukrainian SA-8 shooting down something

We were yanking and banking to get away from one of these, and some 6s, one night in the Desert Storm. They didn't get a lock on us thankfully, we ran out of chaff but still had the partially effective pods.

Good thing the Iraqis were not as good as these guys.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, arg said:

We were yanking and banking to get away from one of these, and some 6s, one night in the Desert Storm. They didn't get a lock on us thankfully, we ran out of chaff but still had the partially effective pods.

Good thing the Iraqis were not as good as these guys.

A whole lot of combined arms doctrine will need to be looked at when this is all over.

28 minutes ago, fire4effect said:

A whole lot of combined arms doctrine will need to be looked at when this is all over.

In one aspect, it's sad the Russia is getting some practice out of this experience.  I'd rather they had saved their (potentially) inept maneuvering for a later conflict.

Word is the Ukrainians are low on munitions for their Turkish Drones.  I know the Turks were delivering more drone systems, hopefully they can speed more munitions as well.

Also, it appears they tagged another Russian Two Star.

16 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Word is the Ukrainians are low on munitions for their Turkish Drones.  I know the Turks were delivering more drone systems, hopefully they can speed more munitions as well.

Also, it appears they tagged another Russian Two Star.

4 minutes ago, fire4effect said:

This has been one of the most interesting points. We have the Ukrainian military leveraging geolocating/literally the public of the world to find Russian armor. What a resource to tap. The Russians have their population walled off who think nothings going on. Crazy how much of a disadvantage you are at when the free world hates you. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hockeydork said:

This has been one of the most interesting points. We have the Ukrainian military leveraging geolocating/literally the public of the world to find Russian armor. What a resource to tap. The Russians have their population walled off who think nothings going on. Crazy how much of a disadvantage you are at when the free world hates you. 

I guess passing 300 posts makes me "Supreme User" 😁What do I win? I like Jameson.

In this day and age even in Russia I would say eventually the truth finds its way out. Nothing stays a secret for long.