Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

It’s not.

Russians redesigned a whole lot of their ground doctrine following Chechnya.

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/portals/7/hot%20spots/documents/russia/2017-07-the-russian-way-of-war-grau-bartles.pdf

https://info.publicintelligence.net/AWG-RussianNewWarfareHandbook.pdf

https://info.publicintelligence.net/AWG-RussianNewWarfareHandbook.pdf

That’s Low side. There is other stuff out there….

There is a lot of wide area discussion but essentially it focuses on the move to Battalion Task Group models (BTG). Actual Table of Equipment though is all over the place dependent on type of units.

Main tank rule is Battalion structure. They don’t intermix tanks below Brigade level so a battalion is going to be structured around a particular model (72, 80, 90). Brigades may have Battalions with different types (like a single 80 and 2x 72s). Within that individual Battalion you have 3 or 4 company models (10 MBTs per company with 1 for the Battalion Commander) based off what kind of parent brigade/division it’s intended to fall under. Tank Brigade/Division will usually prioritize 4 Troop tank Battalions (41 total tanks) to Infantry brigades so they can provide a Troop to each infantry Battalion with a single Troop in force reserve.

Which brings me to my main point….. Send More Javelins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what happens when we spend the last 2 decades (and personally a bunch of days in OIF/OEF) focusing on the COIN fight and not near peer. 😁 I do recall a conversation I had with an 82nd ABN E-7 Ranger more than a few years ago when I first heard about the Javelin. He told me the Javelin is no joke and gives a lot of teeth to the infantry that wasn't there before. I can't believe in hindsight how prophetic it was. Copy that. More Javelins

• Upvote 1

This is what happens when we spend the last 2 decades (and personally a bunch of days in OIF/OEF) focusing on the COIN fight and not near peer.  I do recall a conversation I had with an 82nd ABN E-7 Ranger more than a few years ago when I first heard about the Javelin. He told me the Javelin is no joke and gives a lot of teeth to the infantry that wasn't there before. I can't believe in hindsight how prophetic it was. Copy that. More Javelins

It’s also a suitable Ad Hoc anti air system.

You won’t hit anything fast or high with it, but against Low slow flyers like helicopters or drones it’s been remarkably effective as a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, goingkinetic said:

Kennedy a Democrat stood up to Kruschev. Whats next Finland? What if we just defended Christian, Capitalist, democracies. No we’d rather defend muslim, monarchies with human rights abuse issues. Grow a pair. People that are against fighting are DUM dumb.

The difference is that Iraq and Afghanistan were relatively low risk conflicts that were a nice place to go test our new toys and not take a lot of losses. It’s a different thing altogether when two nuclear armed superpowers (at least that’s how Russia looks at itself) go head to head. The risk profile and the potential for a catastrophic miscalculation go WAAAYYY up. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Prozac said:

The difference is that Iraq and Afghanistan were relatively low risk conflicts that were a nice place to go test our new toys and not take a lot of losses. It’s a different thing altogether when two nuclear armed superpowers (at least that’s how Russia looks at itself) go head to head. The risk profile and the potential for a catastrophic miscalculation go WAAAYYY up. 

Cuba is a lot different. What did madelne albright Say.

8 hours ago, hockeydork said:

Got it.

My inclination initially was that the Ukrainians would maybe have somewhat of an interesting advantage if Russia did control the skies ENTIRELY, because than they could basically shoot at anything and everything with ground based systems, and know that if it was in the air, it is most definitely hostile. Would be interesting to know how many aircraft being shot down are from land based systems/success rates of the Stinger. Helo squadron shows up to protect advancing armour, Ukrainian's pop off a couple stingers, helicopters scatter/leave/some get hit, than the Javelins/NLAWs come out and the 3 million dollar tanks get crippled by a Ukranian school teacher with a 100k missile on their shoulder. Awesome.  

IMO, Putin has dug himself into a very deep hole. He wants Ukraine, but he's grossly miscalculated how much they don't want him. He was banking on the intimidation factor, which has back fired now that he is losing valuable assets bogged down by cheap & easy to use missiles. He can't leave without looking like a failure, even tho he already looks like one, and if he stays he'll keep bleeding money/troops/valuable tanks/helos so long as Javelins and NLAWS are flowing, and thank god I don't see us stopping that supply.  He could take the territory by leveling it, but if he levels it, than getting it doesn't mean much, does it? I don't see this ending well for him, this ego boosting operation is a total backfire. Also, he really sucks at hockey. I thought I was bad.......

P.S. - If any Russian pilots read these forums, it ain't worth it...

If Putin decides to level Ukraine, he dooms himself and Russia as well, they are the breadbasket of Europe, Russia will starve. American farmers will be taking land out of CIP and plant everywhere to try and feed the world if the bank will give them credit to buy seed, diesel, and fertilizer.

Jusk fing with you

1. Kennedy stood up to commies. War vet with isoprep

2. Don’t be a /pansy depending of course on what offends you.

3. Madeline albright said paraphrase “Whats the point of a military if we wont use it.”

4. Tell me what the red line is Sweden?

3 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

it was slightly amusing at first, but this troll is getting old

Seriously, what’s the line? That’s the real question. Let’s just name ourselves the artist formally known as the leader of the free world. PM if you think I’m trolling.