Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

24 minutes ago, uhhello said:

That didn’t come from the drone though.  There is another video out there where the drone rams the other.  

Still an air to air kill right? 

Whatever hit it was moving fast, at first I thought it might have been something from the gorund but it looks like a flat trajectory.

1 minute ago, ClearedHot said:

Whatever hit it was moving fast, at first I thought it might have been something from the gorund but it looks like a flat trajectory.

There was a thread over on reddit about it.  Consensus was ground to air kill

42 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Whatever hit it was moving fast, at first I thought it might have been something from the ground but it looks like a flat trajectory.

The glint off something at the tree road intersection, a firing spot with 3 escape routes, seems a logical launching point for whatever smoked this thing.  What's interesting is that whatever hit it was smokeless until engagement...similar to a shaped charge.  

Yeah, no western influence to see here.  Move along.

I'm just a drone, tracking drone killed by another drone...

image.jpeg.2295f3bab63c7695c3a41b3b551a3024.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

The glint off something at the tree road intersection, a firing spot with 3 escape routes, seems a logical launching point for whatever smoked this thing.  What's interesting is that whatever hit it was smokeless until engagement...similar to a shaped charge.  

Yeah, no western influence to see here.  Move along.

I'm just a drone, tracking drone killed by another drone...

image.jpeg.2295f3bab63c7695c3a41b3b551a3024.jpeg

https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y67wdg/the_defense_forces_of_ukraine_intercepted_and/

Here is a longer version of the video with a "funny" edit at explosion.  

+1000 for reference.  

image.png.5f9677959afd3c59005eb8a9bdb77af6.png

where's my explosive expert? 

To my untrained eye that looks like a small shaped charge that was actioned upon detention of a target, igniting it's warhead in front of the target (left center of image)...the ignition point being indicated by the thin smoke trail which plumes into a full detonation on, and actually slightly behind (from the shaped charge's approach aspect) the target.  That leaves a debris cloud projecting aft (image left) of the explosion.  Something liking...oh i dunno...a modern manpad might do something like this.  If that's the case, the vehicle recording this video got VERY lucky, or the engagement vehicle is significantly advanced...like, a lot...notice the complete lack of launch, acceleration, or tracking smoke trail.  This was no SA-7 shot.   Hmmmmm.

From a completely different angle and timing, this could look like an explosively formed penetrator igniting while being carried by the 'target' drone.  In that case the ignition imaged is actually the forming explosion and the whisp of trail leading left is the shaped penetrator departing the explosion from image from right to left.  I'm less inclined to believe that, as the size of the drone does not indicate that it's carrying such a munition.   

But I'm just a herk dude.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

image.png.5f9677959afd3c59005eb8a9bdb77af6.png

where's my explosive expert? 

To my untrained eye that looks like a small shaped charge that was actioned upon detention of a target, igniting it's warhead in front of the target (left center of image)...the ignition point being indicated by the thin smoke trail which plumes into a full detonation on, and actually slightly behind (from the shaped charge's approach aspect) the target.  That leaves a debris cloud projecting aft (image left) of the explosion.  Something liking...oh i dunno...a modern manpad might do something like this.  If that's the case, the vehicle recording this video got VERY lucky.  Hmmmmm.

From a completely different angle and timing, this could look like an explosively formed penetrator igniting while being carried by the 'target' drone.  In that case the ignition imaged is actually the forming explosion and the whisp of trail leading left is the shaped penetrator departing the explosion from image from right to left.  I'm less inclined to believe that, as the size of the drone does not indicate that it's carrying such a munition.   

But I'm just a herk dude.

Also the reaction of the chase drone is pretty "holy shit, back teh fuck up"

1 minute ago, uhhello said:

Also the reaction of the chase drone is pretty "holy shit, back teh fuck up"

dude that chase drone was either really lucky, or part of the strike team.  In any case, that's a LOT of effort put into taking down a drone.

Edited by FourFans130

19 hours ago, nunya said:

Funny, that’s the same Mark Hamill that felt it necessary to interfere with democracy here at home 2 years ago. Weird. 

How is supplying drones to an occupied country interfering in democracy? 

Do you think it's interfering when people donate to disaster relief? 

1 hour ago, chase said:

So...how many Planes did they loose in the last 24 hours?

Good footage tho.

Crazy!  I wonder what hit it, the SU-25 is a tough bird and it came apart in no time.  He is barely clear of the aircraft and his aspect to the cockpit is already 90 degrees off, I wonder if the wing came off and caused the roll.

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 8.20.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 8.20.51 AM.png

It looks like impact (missile?), was at 4 seconds and the bird hit the dirt at 10 seconds, quick decision and reaction.

21 hours ago, uhhello said:

How did he interfere?

Boycotting Georgia over a voting bill that had nothing to do with him for one.  (BTW, Georgia broke voting turnout records last week.)  I know, I know...you'll say that's not interference.  I'm glad to hear you're ok with the Koch brothers' influence.

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

How is supplying drones to an occupied country interfering in democracy? 

Reading is hard, eh?  

• Haha 2