Russian Ukraine shenanigans

08Dawg

6 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Well I was right about COVID and I’ll be right about Ukraine too. It’s simple just follow the money 

You can be stupid and right at the same time. While we generally agree on a lot, reading your posts feels like chewing on tin foil. They are inane enough to make some smart part of my brain wish we didn't agree.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

WTF did I just click on…

Reddit is a cesspool of all the things wrong with giving anyone access to everyone and granting that person complete anonymity at the same time.

Going there is like the social media equivalent walking into a gas station bathroom on some random middle of nowhere off-ramp in Mississippi. Even if it might look ok (and that’s a big if)… deep down you should probably take a shower afterward just to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

You can be stupid and right at the same time. While we generally agree on a lot, reading your posts feels like chewing on tin foil. They are inane enough to make some smart part of my brain wish we didn't agree.

I’ll happily be stupid all day if Biden keeps us out of ww3. I assume you’re talking about Ukraine. 

because the only stupid mother fuckers were the ones who went for the government COVID narrative. 

sure are a lot of “conspiracy” theories coming true these days 

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

19 hours ago, Lawman said:

Reddit is a cesspool of all the things wrong with giving anyone access to everyone and granting that person complete anonymity at the same time.

Going there is like the social media equivalent walking into a gas station bathroom on some random middle of nowhere off-ramp in Mississippi. Even if it might look ok (and that’s a big if)… deep down you should probably take a shower afterward just to be safe.

Off topic, but parts of Reddit are amazing resources and communities. It all just varies wildly by r/ because they're all moderated differently and attract different people. Some are massive dumpster fires with the worst of humanity on the prowl, others are awesome niche communities where people share tons of helpful info that's hard to find elsewhere. I've had a great time in some EV, solar, DIY and hobby subreddits. Staying away from anything remotely political is probably good advice.

Truly, more than probably anywhere else, YMMV.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"WHAT! WE CANT HAVE DEBATE YOU ARE PRO-PUTIN!" - NSPLAYER/LAWMAN

You aren’t pro Putin, you’re just ignorant.

Quick go find us some more memes from Reddit to tell us how important it is we stop supporting Ukraine in any meaningful fashion or how this isn’t NATO’s concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i can assure you i am not ignorant when it comes to this topic
but nice personal attack
trying to not escalate a regional conflict into WW3 is smart

You’ve been handed the material to educate yourself as best can be done in an unclass forum. And you’ve deliberately chosen to ignore that.

That by definition makes you ignorant if your sole screaming reason for wanting us to stop doing what we are doing is “Ukraine isn’t NATO” or whatever other talking point you’ve been handed. And you can’t be told the reality is something different.

Again, in about 6 minutes you could educate yourself on the reason the current status quo of exchange of support for US/NATO interest far outweighs not doing anything now and just waiting for an actual shooting war with NATO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

"WHAT! WE CANT HAVE DEBATE YOU ARE PRO-PUTIN!" - NSPLAYER/LAWMAN

Can't is not correct, won't is accurate for me at least. You haven't engaged in the topic like someone open to debate or nuance, but more like someone whose mind is made up regardless of the evidence. You think this will cause WWIII and we should not intervene and let Russia I guess just takeover Ukraine and so sorry, too bad, you're not NATO, enjoy your stay Vlad!

I've made my views clear, and I guess so have you. Nothing more to discuss!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

my opinion differs from yours. that doesn't make it ignorant.

It does when you deliberately ignore or flat out dismiss people with way more knowledge and access to the circles discussing the nuance of what is really going on there (causes/current situation/selective end-states).

Again, unclass forum. That dudes about as succinct as you’re gonna get while still staying in the green.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Good Ukraine pro/con debate on the Dan Crenshaw podcast.  It was a formal structured debate with each side able to present their argument. The con side was presented by a William Ruger.

Do you have a TL;DR for the 58min podcast? I might listen on my drive, but if you already did, any take-aways are appreciated!

Whether we should support Ukraine or not (we should, just not with a blank check), is less of a question than how this will impact the 2024 election, and the impact that will have on support as the election is essentially around the corner.

Let’s face it, most Americans couldn’t care less about foreign policy and Ukraine, much like Afghanistan. The fact that we are sending hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine in a time where our economy is suffering is something the Democratic nominee will have to defend, and a fact that the Republican nominee will exploit.

Most Americans don’t get a hard-on from “killing Russians!” Nikki Haley is already exploiting this by criticizing our excessive foreign aid as a whole. I didn’t know we gave foreign aid to Belarus, a country that is very pro Russian. 

Edited by dream big
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

It does when you deliberately ignore or flat out dismiss people with way more knowledge and access to the circles discussing the nuance of what is really going on there (causes/current situation/selective end-states).

Again, unclass forum. That dudes about as succinct as you’re gonna get while still staying in the green.

no it doesn't.

we've already seen what "trusting the experts" gets us.

• Downvote 1

no it doesn't.
we've already seen what "trusting the experts" gets us.

Great bro, do you own research.

Hey somebody let the DIA know we don’t need them anymore. Nothing to learn that can’t be found out on dubious YouTube/Reddit posts of some guy shouting from the cab of a truck.

Remember “experts” are the ones that told you gasoline is toxic to humans… better question that now because Covid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Do you have a TL;DR for the 58min podcast? I might listen on my drive, but if you already did, any take-aways are appreciated!

It wasn’t terrible, but it was kinda terribly moderated (in that it really wasn’t dude just kinda kept time).

There was a definite disconnect between parties on what was to be the subject of discussion, Crenshaw went in there prepared to defend specific Ukrainian intervention and aid and more broadly foreign policy. The other side wanted to discuss wider foreign intervention and spent very little time discussing Ukraine (or Thailand) outside saying “well it sucks for them but we don’t have an interest there.”

Crenshaw did a good effort in explaining that we have serious economic interest not just a moral one towards maintaining security and that “the two big moats” as his opposite put it are not sufficient protection to simply withdraw from the policies we’ve had since the late 1800s.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lawman said:

Great bro, do you own research.

Hey somebody let the DIA know we don’t need them anymore. Nothing to learn that can’t be found out on dubious YouTube/Reddit posts of some guy shouting from the cab of a truck.

Remember “experts” are the ones that told you gasoline is toxic to humans… better question that now because Covid.

love the tough guy talk

so what's the end game? regime change in russia? that strategy sure paid off for the united states during the last two decades

you willing to take this into WW3?

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, dream big said:

The fact that we are sending hundreds of billions of dollars to Ukraine in a time where our economy is suffering is something the Democratic nominee will have to defend, and a fact that the Republican nominee will exploit.

We've sent $75 billion of aid total, and that includes near-expired or obsolete equipment and ammunition donated at book value. The war is almost certainly a net positive for the US economy - Europe is buying gas from us instead of the Russians, the developing world is getting their grain from Iowa instead of Ukraine, and the entire world is buying American military hardware instead of post Soviet crap or indigenously developed "better than nothing" gear.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

love the tough guy talk

so what's the end game? regime change in russia? that strategy sure paid off for the united states during the last two decades

you willing to take this into WW3?

WW3?

We haven't even taken it to combat in Ukraine. 

Is your assertion that we should never oppose dictators like Putin because we don't want to start WW3?

• Like 1