2x Laughlin T-38s down

DFRESH

• DFRESH changed the title to 2x Laughlin T-38s down
5 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

I guess we have to lose ppl before we can cut syllabus items that are is irrelevant in the CAF.

I would say that I'm of the opinion that your comment is misplaced, not well thought out, unprofessional and poorly timed.  

But we can discuss it in the future when we actually have some facts about what happened, rather than hashing out opinions and speculation before we even know the names of those involved... people we share the uniform with... in this tragic and unfortunate mishap.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I would say that I'm of the opinion that your comment is misplaced, not well thought out, unprofessional and poorly timed.  

But we can discuss it in the future when we actually have some facts about what happened, rather than hashing out opinions and speculation before we even know the names of those involved... people we share the uniform with... in this tragic and unfortunate mishap.  

You’re right. I shouldn’t have posted it.

Not an excuse, but I’m tired of losing good friends and students to accidents because the syllabus requires an event that’s no longer done in the CAF.

17 minutes ago, DEVIL said:

A friend of mine in white jets told me DLF is at 75% or more FAIPs…is this true?

The 87th was about ~65% FAIP when I went TDY there back in 2020 to help augment their manning for a few weeks…so it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s accurate, especially now with the airlines hiring again. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43357/t-38-jets-in-recent-fatal-crash-were-executing-a-formation-approach-report

"Two T-38 Talon jet trainers that were involved in a fatal accident last month at Laughlin Air Force Base in Texas were performing a formation approach at the time, according to a report from the San Antonio Express-News newspaper. The Air Force has also now confirmed to The War Zone that Colonel Nathan Thompson, the second in command of the 47th Flying Training Wing, the main unit at Laughlin, was in one of the jets at the time. T-38 pilots assigned to Air Education and Training Command units, such as the 47th, have been banned from conducting formation landings, a similar maneuver, in virtually all situations in the wake of a different deadly mishap two years ago."