111 Attack Wing/CC civilian accident

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/horsham/horsham-military-pilot-injured-daughter-killed-plane-crash

I’ve know Deane for a long time.  I first got to know him when he was flying F-16s in the Fort Smith, AR guard.  Terrible news to say the least.  Many thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family for the loss of their daughter.  

• Sad 1

The article lists the accident aircraft as a PA-28R-300. That is a niche low-volume one-off export-licensed military trainer called the Pillán. (PA-32 fuselage based, tandem seating trainer, much in the same way as the T-34 was based on the BE-33/35 Bonanza airframe). So likely a typo. They probably meant PA-32R-300, aka Piper Lance. Retract version of the cherokee Six.

Condolences to the family.

1 hour ago, hindsight2020 said:

The article lists the accident aircraft as a PA-28R-300. That is a niche low-volume one-off export-licensed military trainer called the Pillán. (PA-32 fuselage based, tandem seating trainer, much in the same way as the T-34 was based on the BE-33/35 Bonanza airframe). So likely a typo. They probably meant PA-32R-300, aka Piper Lance. Retract version of the cherokee Six.

Condolences to the family.

Some of the folks from my CAP squadron who were on-scene said all the news articles about it were rife with errors.  Not surprising given what passes for journalism these days.  Anyways, condolences...