Paying back bonus and getting out

DET1

23 hours ago, Nodeskjobs said:

Mind if I asked what career field your friend was in?  I applied earlier this year and was denied for lack of justification. Thinking of trying this option again. Retirement eligible, and would be looking to pay back the last year of the contract. 

11F. I'm surprised it worked then for him, but I was there and saw it happen. Worth pushing the button to see if it works!

1 hour ago, DuckHunter said:

That’s not how it’s paid out.  At least mine was paid the first day of the contract for the year ahead.

Fwiw, AFRC AvB is paid out on anniversary dates (arrears). Cant speak for the active duty, though i can say fiscal 21 offering on active duty was laughable, especially compared to the terms on the AFRC side.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, QAZqaz said:

Dude be careful. I don't know how much research you've done WRT private equity but you go down with the ship as an investor if the project fails. Curious to know more details though, like will you be an LP or something?

I’m not sure what LP means, but the plan is to get seed funding from outside investors then build a company from the ground up. I’ve already met with some high net worth people that are pretty sold on the idea.  Once they sign some contracts I’m going to talk with my commander. I’m hoping it’s easy to get out as my career field is overmanned currently and I’m willing to pay back what’s needed.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, hindsight2020 said:

Fwiw, AFRC AvB is paid out on anniversary dates (arrears). Cant speak for the active duty, though i can say fiscal 21 offering on active duty was laughable, especially compared to the terms on the AFRC side.

This is what I am familiar with.  I guess the AD bonus is paid differently than the ANG/AFRC AvB.