Terrible advertising

Lord Ratner

Did the advertising on these forms just get a whole lot worse for anybody else? It seems like I have to click through five pop ups and banners now just to navigate to the next topic. I'm not sure I can browse the forums much longer like this, but I wanted to make sure it's not just my phone

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Did the advertising on these forms just get a whole lot worse for anybody else? It seems like I have to click through five pop ups and banners now just to navigate to the next topic. I'm not sure I can browse the forums much longer like this, but I wanted to make sure it's not just my phone

Yes. It is almost soul crushing compared to 2-3 days ago. 

It's as bad as trying to watch anything on YouTube anymore. AdBlock, while a nice feature on its face, still shouldn't be necessary from a privacy standpoint. Who even is "AdBlock"? Because the permissions they need to is read everything you do, and what do they do with that information? Are they running their whole operation as a non-profit? Probably not lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bros, I just let google do its thing. I went in and tweaked the settings, so it should stop the "anchor" ads. The goal was to have just one ad in the same spot on every page (top right corner), but somehow the google monster went full auto. Should be fixed within an hour.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Is the site making much money off of the ads? Because they've gotten pretty shitty again. Constantly covering up the top banner of the page or sometimes showing up without a clear way to close them.

Are you not using 'Adblock'?