Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

8 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Pretty sure I was DNIF for 24/48 hours after smallpox.

I had to google to see why you got a smallpox shot as an adult. I'm old enough to have gotten that as a kid but in my quick 5 minute research saw that the US stopped smallpox shots in 1972 except in certain situations. It appears even in the military, only certain people receive it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bfargin said:

I had to google to see why you got a smallpox shot as an adult. I'm old enough to have gotten that as a kid but in my quick 5 minute research saw that the US stopped smallpox shots in 1972 except in certain situations. It appears even in the military, only certain people receive it.

I definitely got one before my first deployment to AUAB.

47 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Lol I'm getting old but not that old.  I had to get mine when I showed at my first ops unit back in 2005.  As a funny anecdote, on my deployment last year, NONE of the guys I was deployed with had seen the movie from which your screen quote is from.  Literally hurt my insides.

14 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Because when assholes throw that slur in your face, they actually don't care if you're Chinese or not, being Asian is close enough to them, and besides, they all look the same anyways.

There's a considerable overlap of racists and bigots.

Screaming racism at everything waters down actual racism.  Just like the morons who were "so offended" by calling this the Wuhan Flu or China Virus when it originated in the Wuhan Lab.  

Don't worry though, the actual Chinese country (who are actually racist and committing genocide) aren't weak enough to be offended.  Continue being offended for them, though.  They appreciate it.  Doubt you'll get any special treatment though when they further expand their interests at our expense.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Screaming racism at everything waters down actual racism.  Just like the morons who were "so offended" by calling this the Wuhan Flu or China Virus when it originated in the Wuhan Lab.  
Don't worry though, the actual Chinese country (who are actually racist and committing genocide) aren't weak enough to be offended.  Continue being offended for them, though.  They appreciate it.  Doubt you'll get any special treatment though when they further expand their interests at our expense.  

I'm not getting offended on someone else's behalf. I've had those kinds of slurs thrown at me based on my ethnicity (including the one that sparked this whole thread derailment), so yeah, I'd say that it makes this a personal issue that I've had to deal with.

China is a threat to our national interests, I don't think anyone here is debating that point. But you can't seem to understand that an ethnic slur targeted at China the country also applies to people of chinese ethnicity in other countries, or how it's also used as a racial slur for East Asians in general. Or how that attitude and rhetoric seeps into how asian-americans are treated in our own country. Incidentally, first time gun ownership among Asian Americans has risen significantly during the pandemic.

Oh, and Uyghurs are considered by some definitions as Asian too (in fact, US considers then to be a subset of the Chinese ethnicity), so China can't be racist towards that minority. That's watering down the meaning of racism, "wOrDs HaVe MeAnInG". It's still wrong, and the international community shouldn't tolerate China's actions towards that minority, but we've collectively sold our soul to China over the past few decades in order to access cheap manufacturing. Then again, according to the UN, racism includes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, and national origin, so racist is the correct term.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

I definitely got one before my first deployment to AUAB.

Sorry, didn’t mean to seem like i was questioning your word. i just thought it was gone/eradicated and nobody was still needing that shot. From more looking, it seems like it’s virtually eradicated but that there is still a slight possibility of contact in some places around the globe.

1 minute ago, bfargin said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to seem like i was questioning your word. i just thought it was gone/eradicated and nobody was still needing that shot. From more looking, it seems like it’s virtually eradicated but that there is still a slight possibility of contact in some places around the globe.

Yeah, no problem. I don't think it's common unless you're deploying to a place where it's still prevalent. 

But it is a vaccine I was required to get that carried a temporary DNIF.

I could be mistaken... doesn't even the annual flu vaccine have a verbal DNIF period? Like 12 hours or something? Or I could be thinking something else...

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Yeah, no problem. I don't think it's common unless you're deploying to a place where it's still prevalent. 

But it is a vaccine I was required to get that carried a temporary DNIF.

I could be mistaken... doesn't even the annual flu vaccine have a verbal DNIF period? Like 12 hours or something? Or I could be thinking something else...

Smallpox is not prevalent anywhere. It has been completely erradicated. Smallpox only exist in 2 samples in the entire world. Both are held in very high security labs, one in Russia and one on the US. Those samples by treaty are to be used for research only and not weaponization. It's unlikely you received a smallpox vaccine. You may have received a small pox test which will appear in your IMR. It's not impossible though, the military did do a few waves of immunization but most were 2002 or prior. 

The military generally had stopped immunizing for small pox because it was causing nerves with Russia. Whenever we immunized large bodies of our military, Russia believed it was because either we weaponized Smallpox and were protecting our force, or we believed they weaponized Smallpox and we were preparing to attack. Russia, knowing that Smallpox only exist in those 2 very specific samples, could not imagine another reason for immunization. To be honest they are pretty much right. 

24 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Smallpox is not prevalent anywhere. It has been completely erradicated. Smallpox only exist in 2 samples in the entire world. Both are held in very high security labs, one in Russia and one on the US. Those samples by treaty are to be used for research only and not weaponization. It's unlikely you received a smallpox vaccine. You may have received a small pox test which will appear in your IMR. It's not impossible though, the military did do a few waves of immunization but most were 2002 or prior. 

The military generally had stopped immunizing for small pox because it was causing nerves with Russia. Whenever we immunized large bodies of our military, Russia believed it was because either we weaponized Smallpox and were protecting our force, or we believed they weaponized Smallpox and we were preparing to attack. Russia, knowing that Smallpox only exist in those 2 very specific samples, could not imagine another reason for immunization. To be honest they are pretty much right. 

I was immunized against smallpox in 2005 by the military, got the scar to prove it and it's annotated in my immunization record.

19 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Oh, I 100% got vaccinated. I have the scar and everything. 

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

It's unlikely you received a smallpox vaccine. You may have received a small pox test which will appear in your IMR. It's not impossible though, the military did do a few waves of immunization but most were 2002 or prior. 

I got the smallpox vaccine back in 2004.  A few days later it was oozing/itchy, I felt a little flu-ish, and then it scabbed over and now I have a little scar on my shoulder.

You must be a youngin’…

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

It's unlikely you received a smallpox vaccine. You may have received a small pox test which will appear in your IMR. It's not impossible though, the military did do a few waves of immunization but most were 2002 or prior. 

Wrong. 2011 vaccinated.

They were vaccinating smallpox at least until 2016. Some pog Army flight doc and his minions were running around with a list of people who had a deferment on it (usually newborns, family with eczema, etc) and trying to stick folks. Pointless. 

5 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Vaccinated in 09. I think everyone who flies AMC aircraft still gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure Small Pox is not a requirement for aircrew these days, mostly because the old Small Pox vaccine we've become intimately familiar with is not being produced anymore.

I'll be honest, I need to look this up again, but there is a specific vaccine and I'm pretty sure it was smallpox, that was actually a titer test only (and is annotated as such on IMR). As mentioned before, there were political reasons to avoid vaccination. The US military has a paranoia for biological warfare though. 

I'll be honest, I need to look this up again, but there is a specific vaccine and I'm pretty sure it was smallpox, that was actually a titer test only (and is annotated as such on IMR). As mentioned before, there were political reasons to avoid vaccination. The US military has a paranoia for biological warfare though. 

You might be thinking of chicken pox/varicella vaccine. If you had chicken pox as a kid, they do a test to check for antibodies, which if you do then exempts you from that vaccine.

I also got the smallpox vaccine in 2010 as an AMC guy.
  • Upvote 1

WRT smallpox, I was vaccinated in 2019 for CMR requirements. The vaccine (ACAM2000) was administered with the 15 pokes method. Only vaccine I've received with a 3 week care time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pawnman said:

Oh, I 100% got vaccinated. I have the scar and everything. 

Yeah we can tell by your non stop virtue signalling.

Is there not a Nav board for you to do that on?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3