Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

There's a lot wrong with that statement. However, I agree that religious preferences shouldn't be imposed on a non-participating group. On that other hand, it is absolutely acceptable to refuse to participate in biomedical practices that genuinely violate a religious tenet.

Except some religious tenets are incompatible with military service. I know of Jews who adhere to all the Sabbath restrictions when they can, but they don’t put up a fuss when they’re told to fly on a Saturday. If they refused that lawful order, they would be out of a job. Also, if someone uses the argument that “the Bible tells me to,” they’re usually cherry-picking which rules they actually adhere to. I’d like to meet a service member who actually adheres to everything written in Leviticus.

And what exactly is wrong with my statement? Nobody ever got an abortion for the purpose of fetal cell research and abortion is not going away. Argue with those all you want, but you’re wrong. Even if it’s banned in the US, it will continue underground and in other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Except some religious tenets are incompatible with military service. I know of Jews who adhere to all the Sabbath restrictions when they can, but they don’t put up a fuss when they’re told to fly on a Saturday. If they refused that lawful order, they would be out of a job. Also, if someone uses the argument that “the Bible tells me to,” they’re usually cherry-picking which rules they actually adhere to. I’d like to meet a service member who actually adheres to everything written in Leviticus.

And what exactly is wrong with my statement? Nobody ever got an abortion for the purpose of fetal cell research and abortion is not going away. Argue with those all you want, but you’re wrong. Even if it’s banned in the US, it will continue underground and in other countries.

Your characterization of motivation for objecting to the use of fetal cells was wrong. 

In the case of religious accommodation in the military, I'd bet you'd say the druid in BMT who needs 2 hours a day to sit underneath a tree because of their religion, or the Native American who needs to smoke peyote regularly because of religion would both be incompatible with military service. Both of those religious accommodations have been granted.

With regard to your comment about Leviticus I assume you're talking about Jews correct? 

Speaking to religion in general, why should a particular religion makes sense to you as non-follower of that religion? If it made sense to you then you'd be a follower.

The DoD has decided that it wants a force reflective of the populace it protects, to include religion. These religious accommodations are then pursued in good faith. Now if the military said that religious rights are exclusively limited to that which was acceptable to state atheism then this would be a different conversation.

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Pawn get your hands out of you pants

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Your characterization of motivation for objecting to the use of fetal cells was wrong. 
In the case of religious accommodation in the military, I'd bet you'd say the druid in BMT who needs 2 hours a day to sit underneath a tree because of their religion, or the Native American who needs to smoke peyote regularly because of religion would both be incompatible with military service. Both of those religious accommodations have been granted.
With regard to your comment about Leviticus I assume you're talking about Jews correct? 
Speaking to religion in general, why should a particular religion makes sense to you as non-follower of that religion? If it made sense to you then you'd be a follower.
The DoD has decided that it wants a force reflective of the populace it protects, to include religion. These religious accommodations are then pursued in good faith. Now if the military said that religious rights are exclusively limited to that which was acceptable to state atheism then this would be a different conversation.

Last I checked Leviticus is still in the Old Testament and came from divine inspiration…

Bottom line here's the deal regarding religious accommodation, or just accommodation in general. If maximum readiness and good order and discipline was the single pursuit of the military then it would be composed exclusively of ideologically identical people who have been baptized into state atheism. 

As it sits, the military has decided that is not the way to go. The problem at the moment is that is seems religious accommodations are being approved based on whatever is most politically expedient. 

In addition, politics are motivated by your religion or whatever worldview your subscribe to. If politics are any indication, then I would say the worldviews of population the military is supposed to reflect are trending divergent and the military is in for a mess any way you slice it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

image.jpeg.264c2cafe2cada825684fffe05c56d4e.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I’d like to meet a service member who actually adheres to everything written in Leviticus.

I’d like to meet any service member who has a religious or anti religious belief that adheres to everything captured in their belief system. It doesn’t happen. For anyone. Everyone on the face of this earth or has been on the face of this earth is a hypocrite in some fashion (with the exception of Jesus if you are a Christian). So that I believe is a straw man argument. Go ahead and knock it down.

12 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

I know what side effect you’re likely to get from not getting the vaccine: administrative separation prior to reaching 20 (and no, sanctuary doesn’t protect you from that).
One way or another you’re going to get poked; I’d take the needle over the shaft if I were you.

For some, their principles are more important than taking the King's schilling.  To each his own.

Hey Pawnman and everyone else, look! You can get "super immunity" if you are fully vaccinated AND get covid after!

COVID vaccination and previous infection may deliver 'super immunity' (usatoday.com)

Wonder if uber leftists are going to throw covid parties after they are fully vaccinated so they can catch covid and then claim their moral superiority through their super immunity. 😆

1 hour ago, BR_MIST said:

...If maximum readiness and good order and discipline was the single pursuit of the military then it would be composed exclusively of ideologically identical people who have been baptized into state atheism. 

Have you seen/been to PME? Heard the good doctrine books?

Remember to check your boxes!

I half jest.

4 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Hey Pawnman and everyone else, look! You can get "super immunity" if you are fully vaccinated AND get covid after!

COVID vaccination and previous infection may deliver 'super immunity' (usatoday.com)

Wonder if uber leftists are going to throw covid parties after they are fully vaccinated so they can catch covid and then claim their moral superiority through their super immunity. 😆

Yes, NPR had an article about this three months ago. The funniest part is that the cited study makes a strong case for getting an mRNA vaccine, especially if you've been previously infected, rather than in spite of it.

Since you decided that getting the vaccine was in your best interest after all, the findings of this study might be good news.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Waingro said:

Yes, NPR had an article about this three months ago. The funniest part is that the cited study makes a strong case for getting an mRNA vaccine, especially if you've been previously infected, rather than in spite of it.

Since you decided that getting the vaccine was in your best interest after all, the findings of this study might be good news.

Pretty sure this is EXACTLY what the Kentucky study found. Infection + vaccine is better immunity than infection or vaccine alone. 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21164117-contractorvaxmandateca11ord121721

Having reviewed the parties’ submissions, we deny the motion because the government has not established one of “the most critical” factors— that it will be irreparably injured absent a stay. See Nken v. Holder, 556 U.S. 418, 434 (2009) (“The first two factors of the traditional standard are the most critical.”); New Georgia Project v. Raffensperger, 976 F.3d 1278, 1280 (11th Cir. 2020) (The government is “entitled to a stay if [it] show[s] (1) that [it] will likely succeed on the merits; (2) irreparable injury absent a stay; (3) that the stay will not substantially injure the other interested parties; and (4) that a stay is in the public interest.”). Without a showing by the government of an irreparable injury absent a stay, we cannot stay the preliminary injunction. See United States v. Bogle, 855 F.2d 707, 711 (11th Cir. 1988) (Hatchett, J., concurring specially) (“I deny the stay because the government has failed to make the showing of irreparable injury required by the law of the Eleventh Circuit.”).