Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

9 hours ago, Mark1 said:

A very small change (on a percentage basis) in the exponent of a population growth model, has massive implications on the ultimate rate of spread...the end.

*can* have massive implications on the ultimate rate of spread. Not will. *can*. It depends on the model and the other parameters. There is usually a point of no return where the model will trip into one phase from another. Incremental changes within one phase or the other won't change the outcome. The same incremental change that bridges the divide between said phases will result in drastically different outcomes.

50 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

There it is, the overstep. Definitely a troll. You had me for a while, well done 😂🤣

He's a twice passed over nav that has no identity to latch onto but his military service.  He can't just punch at the first chance like most of us to go to a more lucrative job where we can make decisions on our own.  Of course he's going to die on the vaccination hill because if he wasn't vaccinated, he wouldn't have a paycheck.  You can keep feeding the troll or just pat the nav on the head and smile and nod.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

He's a twice passed over nav that has no identity to latch onto but his military service.  He can't just punch at the first chance like most of us to go to a more lucrative job where we can make decisions on our own.  Of course he's going to die on the vaccination hill because if he wasn't vaccinated, he wouldn't have a paycheck.  You can keep feeding the troll or just pat the nav on the head and smile and nod.

Once passed over and picked up APZ, but thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Pooter said:

If a statistically significant, concerning long term side effect was going to happen, it would have manifested by now.  The idea of a some completely unseen side effect popping up 10 years from now after not manifesting anywhere after billions of doses, is a silly, unscientific boogeyman.

This is categorically false.

I agree with the theme of your post, but are you serious with this? Dude, there is no set time limit regarding when a latent effect may or may not show up and under what circumstances or conditions or sub populations. That's not to say it's not a poor excuse to avoid the vaccine (in the military), but it is a valid concern nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

This is categorically false.

I agree with the theme of your post, but are you serious with this? Dude, there is no set time limit regarding when a latent effect may or may not show up and under what circumstances or conditions or sub populations. That's not to say it's not a poor excuse to avoid the vaccine (in the military), but it is a valid concern nonetheless.

There actually is significant study on this particular point.  BLUF: serious side effects historically manifest in the short term if at all.  So the idea that a side effect would not present in the short term after billions of doses over a year and a half, and then magically spring into existence 10 years from now doesn't make much sense historically or scientifically.

"Going back at least as far as the polio vaccine, which was widely released to the public in the 1960s, we’ve never seen a vaccination with long-term side effects, meaning side effects that occur several months or years after injection.

And, in every vaccine available to us, side effects — including rare but serious side effects — develop within six to eight weeks of injection."

Source:

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/covid-19-vaccine-long-term-side-effects

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pooter said:

"Going back at least as far as the polio vaccine, which was widely released to the public in the 1960s, we’ve never seen a vaccination with long-term side effects, meaning side effects that occur several months or years after injection.

And, in every vaccine available to us, side effects — including rare but serious side effects — develop within six to eight weeks of injection."

Source:

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/covid-19-vaccine-long-term-side-effects

Confirm all those previous studies cited are in reference to mRNA vaccines / therapeutics? Oh, they aren't? So we're applying a meta analysis of apples to oranges. Ok 👍. Just so I'm clear.

Edited by ViperMan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

Confirm all those previous studies cited are in reference to mRNA vaccines / therapeutics? Oh, they aren't? So we're applying a meta analysis of apples to oranges. Ok 👍. Just so I'm clear.

So get the J&J shot. It's not mRNA.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, pawnman said:

So get the J&J shot. It's not mRNA.

That's unironically a good point. The "there's not enough data" argument has very little evidence behind it. I think getting away from feelings-based arguments is in everyone's best interest.

17 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

There it is, the overstep. Definitely a troll. You had me for a while, well done 😂🤣

On the contrary, it's exactly what I predicted would happen. A lot of bluster, but that folks would get the shot before losing their cushy military paychecks.

4 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

DB426502-06B6-4DE5-8F77-F55C3DAA9028.jpeg

Cool.

1. As a majority of the population is vaccinated, it makes sense that a majority of cases of any stripe will be among the vaccinated. Example: if 95 out of 100 people are vaccinated and 10 of that 100 get Covid, and 8 out of that 10 are fully vaccinated, what does that prove related to vaccine effectiveness? A: Jack shit. 

2: Does your “evidence” factor in issues like who is actually being tested for the Omicron variant? Is it more likely to show up in populations like international travelers who are far more likely to be vaccinated in the first place? Is it more likely to show up amongst people who can be bothered to get tested vs. the “mild flu” crowd? There are literally dozens of variables that need to be accounted for before we come to the absurd conclusion that being vaccinated actually increases your chances of becoming infected. 

BL: The stat you posted is meaningless and stupid. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Cool.

1. As a majority of the population is vaccinated, it makes sense that a majority of cases of any stripe will be among the vaccinated. Example: if 95 out of 100 people are vaccinated and 10 of that 100 get Covid, and 8 out of that 10 are fully vaccinated, what does that prove related to vaccine effectiveness? A: Jack shit. 

2: Does your “evidence” factor in issues like who is actually being tested for the Omicron variant? Is it more likely to show up in populations like international travelers who are far more likely to be vaccinated in the first place? Is it more likely to show up amongst people who can be bothered to get tested vs. the “mild flu” crowd? There are literally dozens of variables that need to be accounted for before we come to the absurd conclusion that being vaccinated actually increases your chances of becoming infected. 

I agree Prozac, most covid stats reported on the sensational news outlets are farts in the wind (both sides). but how come all of a sudden you are into looking for possible biases in statistics? 

21 hours ago, ViperMan said:

More like red apples to green apples. It's still a treatment designed to elicit an immune response to train your body to better fight off a pathogen. It uses a different mechanic than other types of vaccines, of which there are many. Billions of doses have been administered worldwide without a statistically significant serious adverse effect manifesting in a year and a half.

mRNA technology is well understood and was studied for decades which is a huge part of why we saw a vaccine hit the market in under a year.

So what about any of that makes you think think specifically just the new covid shots would suddenly defy all conventional vaccine wisdom?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passingtime69 said:

THIS. anyone making a fuss about being worried or how threatening variants are or the spread or the efficacy of s vaccine preventing spread blah blah blah. - ing dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I mean the families of the 2000 people that died of COVID today in the US might disagree, but if you mean that we may be done treating it like a pandemic and just accept a couple thousand deaths a day that may be true.

i just think it’s dumb my two options according to most here and the news are to completely lockdown scared and cause everything that comes with that, or completely ignore it and claim I’m not in the target population I don’t care and cause everything that comes with that. And if you end up in the middle somewhere you are obviously in the other side of the debate and can’t think for yourself and are just a pawn for “the other side”. This is why when I see people saying “ItS NoT PoLiTiCaL” for the most part I don’t believe them.

Edited by MCO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCO said:

I mean the families of the 2000 people that died of COVID today in the US might disagree, but if you mean that we may be done treating it like a pandemic and just accept a couple thousand deaths a day that may be true.

Was going to say the same thing. 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailydeaths

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Cool.

The part about mild symptoms in all vaxed and non vaxed is not meaningless. This variant is harmless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

More like red apples to green apples. It's still a treatment designed to elicit an immune response to train your body to better fight off a pathogen. It uses a different mechanic than other types of vaccines, of which there are many. Billions of doses have been administered worldwide without a statistically significant serious adverse effect manifesting in a year and a half.

mRNA technology is well understood and was studied for decades which is a huge part of why we saw a vaccine hit the market in under a year.

So what about any of that makes you think think specifically just the new covid shots would suddenly defy all conventional vaccine wisdom?

I don't think it will surprise us, but that's like, my opinion. I think it is an unknown, and that people's strongly held positions on these matters is unfounded. I mean people are certain - certain - that there is not going to be a latent side affect. That's cool, and that's the camp I'm mostly in, but I'm not about to say I guarantee there won't be, or that these mRNA vaccines are so similar to other vaccines that we can even begin to say that. The bottom line is that we don't know, and had we been so certain of this technology before this pandemic struck, we'd have already had a spread of mRNA vaccines on the street - but we all know we didn't, and arguments to the contrary beg the question. These vaccines are the first in their category.

All that is to say this: I think arguments that rest on someone else's dictate about a medical treatment you should get are null right out the gate. You are the only person that gets to determine medical treatments for you. So all the back-and-forth I read on this thread about Dr. X or M.D. Quaqmire having the opinion that I "should" or "must" get the vaccine I really just roll my eyes at. In my world, spite is a perfectly acceptable reason for not taking a vaccine, and it requires no justification beyond, or even to that standard. Don't want to get it because you're a contrarian? Fine by me. Just don't come hat in hand when you get COVID and wind up dying. Anyway, that's my position on civilian mandates. If you're in the military, you don't get a say. Take the shot or get out. I don't think there should be exceptions for individuals in the military for anything, including religious reasons.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, ViperMan said:

In my world, spite is a perfectly acceptable reason for not taking a vaccine, and it requires no justification beyond, or even to that standard.

Cool. Always nice to be reminded of why society is ultimately going to fall apart.

You think in the golden ages of America people said stuff like this? I’m all for people having informed opinions and not getting vaccinated, but supporting people just being assholes is stupid.

• Upvote 1