Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

6 hours ago, pawnman said:

What would you rate as an "efficient" vaccine?

One that doesn't require you to wear a face mask to protect you from the virus that you just got 3 inoculations against?

I mean, really think about that.  They're telling people with 3 shots over 7 months to wear a mask and social distance.  That's insane.

They're saying the vaccines are great and provide amazing protection, but also that vaccinated people have to keep following the emergency public health protocols that were being stressed before a vaccine was avaliable.  How could a reasonable person not see the disconnect there?

I know we've become inured and desensitized to mask wearing, but imagine telling your 2019 self that there's a pandemic on the way, and you'll soon be told to take 3 vaccinations and still mandated to wear a face mask. 

Hearing that, your 2019 self would assume that the vaccination had extremely low efficacy and/or the pathogen must be like the ones portrayed in the movies Outbreak or Contagion, where the premise was that exposure to the virus was a death sentence (involving pustulating sores, convulsions, foaming at the mouth, and death within 48 hours).

But neither of those is true of Covid.  The vaccines are highly efficacious and Covid is highly survivable.

Any reasonably intelligent person in 2019, shown the data we have now, and told about that messaging disconnect, would be thoroughly confused about the ongoing farce. 

As others have said, get as many shots as you want.  Tripple mask,  ...and don't forget the face shield.  Celebrate the holidays with family via Zoom chat.  Go nuts.  After all, the hardest part of 14 days to flatten the curve is the first 2 years.

My family and I will pass, thanks.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 8

So basically, you're fine with poor risk decisions about your kids as long as you get to make them. 
No wonder this pandemic is drawing out so long. 

No wonder it’s drawing out so long? Laughable man…. Had everyone just got a vaccine like ya wanted day one, covid would be eliminated. You should replace Fauci.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

4 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

One that doesn't require you to wear a face mask to protect you from the virus that you just got 3 inoculations against?

I mean, really think about that.  They're telling people with 3 shots over 7 months to wear a mask and social distance.  That's insane.

They're saying the vaccines are great and provide amazing protection, but also that vaccinated people have to keep following the emergency public health protocols that were being stressed before a vaccine was avaliable.  How could a reasonable person not see the disconnect there?

I know we've become inured and desensitized to mask wearing, but imagine telling your 2019 self that there's a pandemic on the way, and you'll soon be told to take 3 vaccinations and still mandated to wear a face mask. 

Hearing that, your 2019 self would assume that the vaccination had extremely low efficacy and/or the pathogen must be like the ones portrayed in the movies Outbreak or Contagion, where the premise was that exposure to the virus was a death sentence (involving pustulating sores, convulsions, foaming at the mouth, and death within 48 hours).

But neither of those is true of Covid.  The vaccines are highly efficacious and Covid is highly survivable.

Any reasonably intelligent person in 2019, shown the data we have now, and told about that messaging disconnect, would be thoroughly confused about the ongoing farce. 

As others have said, get as many shots as you want.  Tripple mask,  ...and don't forget the face shield.  Celebrate the holidays with family via Zoom chat.  Go nuts.  After all, the hardest part of 14 days to flatten the curve is the first 2 years.

My family and I will pass, thanks.

So your problem is with the masks, not the vaccines. 

Or...if everyone had gotten vaccinated, we wouldn't be wearing masks right now. 

I don't think thats quite true. Between the people who've already had COVID (knowingly/confirmed or not) and the people who have had at least one dose of the vaccine (70%+), most of the country should have enough antibodies to beat this thing.

Just now, TheNewGazmo said:
23 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I don't think thats quite true. Between the people who've already had COVID (knowingly/confirmed or not) and the people who have had at least one dose of the vaccine (70%+), most of the country should have enough antibodies to beat this thing.

And how are the new infection numbers going? 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, Mark1 said:

Concerned about their personal health?  WTF.  Are you telling me it's acceptable to disobey an order if it's a threat to your personal health (which doesn't apply in this scenario, but I'll grant it for the sake of argument)?

Taking Hamburger Hill was a threat to personal health.  Landing at Normandy was a threat to personal health.  Helicopter infil onto Takur Ghar to recover Neil Roberts was a threat to personal health.  Stepping outside the wire for a routine low-risk patrol is a threat to personal health.  Spending countless hours breathing aircraft exhaust, exposed to loud noises and high speed heavy machinery that could end you at any moment, is a threat to personal health.

You mean to tell me every individual military member is empowered to refuse to do all of those things (and literally every other fucking thing the military does) because they might get hurt?  Shit, I must have missed that memo.

The foundation of military service is literally a concept of sacrificing personal well-being for a collective good.  As I said...snowflakes.

LMAO.  The purpose of the military is not to be a lab rat and be experimented on against our will .    Those that are standing up for freedom against the jab are doing exactly what the military is designed to do.   Uphold the constitution.   

On 11/23/2021 at 6:51 PM, bennynova said:

I’m gonna do it if mine is denied.

I can retire in mid 2023, have passed my last AEF bucket, as not PCSing anymore and have zero TDYs on schedule.   There is absolutely zero reason to deny mine based on operational needs....and my religious portion is genuine.  

if denied, I’ll keep appealing and then go the contentious objector route. 

Eglin just went to 100% no masks for the vaccinated.   We have turned into a Marxist organization.  

10 minutes ago, bennynova said:

LMAO.  The purpose of the military is not to be a lab rat and be experimented on against our will .    Those that are standing up for freedom against the jab are doing exactly what the military is designed to do.   Uphold the constitution.   

3 pages back you you said you'd be a contentious objector after almost 20 years of service if your religious exemption got denied.  So after almost 20 years of service, are you a contentious objector or aren't you?  Or more direct question, if you're active duty; did your commander give you a direct order to take the Pfizer shot?  And if so, did you refuse the direct order?  How deep does your dedication to your beliefs on the Constitution (and what your view as an illegal order) go? 

More importantly, after 49 pages of thrash over the COVID shot, how many active duty members on this forum have actually chosen to separate over the military COVID vaccine mandate?  Not asking Reserve or Guard, not asking waiting on a valid religious or medical exemption.  I get that BaseOps is place that some come to bitch about military matters in general; if people stop bitching, there's probably something wrong.  But I have yet to encounter an actual mass resistance on active duty to the mandate.   

I literally know of one person out of probably 500+ that has actually chosen to separate over the vaccine mandate.  That person will be civilian in a couple weeks.  I wish him the best of luck.

I don't give a baker's fuck about the civilian side of this argument; I'm not a civilian and won't be for a couple years at least.  FWIW, I don't think on the civilian side that the government should be able to go door-to-door sticking a needle in anyone's arms.  That's not my farm and not my monkey's.  This isn't even close to the dumbest vaccine the military has made me get (JEV and Anthrax would take that trophy).

Seriously, how many on active duty on this forum have actually directly refused the order to get vaccine?  And how many people, besides Negatory (noted exception, good for you), have actually changed their beliefs based on the dialogue on this thread? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, pawnman said:

You don't think we'd have had the same mandates under Trump?  I do.  

Again...would you call influenza "species-threatening"?  How about measles?  Rubella?  If "species-threatening" is your bar for vaccine mandates, then surely you're in the streets protesting against all the vaccines required before kids can attend schools, right?

Here's another question for you - which vaccines have exhibited long-term harms that didn't show up short-term?  Which vaccines at any time in our past had zero side effects for 10 years then suddenly manifested something a decade later?

Do you have an issue with the fact that flu vaccines are reformulated every year, so we don't have ten years worth of data on each new one?  Or is it sufficient for you that we have data on the component parts of the vaccines?

What would you rate as an "efficient" vaccine?

Trump has said on record many times he wouldn’t have a vax mandate. 

Masks are for the vaccinated and sick not the unvaccinated. If you are vaccinated you could be carrying and not know. If you aren’t vaccinated you have a higher likelihood and taking appropriate actions.

I don’t understand how that’s a difficult concept.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:00 AM, pawnman said:

1. In a tiny portion of the population, yes. But your argument is like saying peanut butter isn't safe because some people have peanut allergies. 

2. It does lower the odds of getting Covid. By a lot. It's not 100%, but no vaccine is. 

3. If you don't catch Covid, you don't spread it. Lower probability of catching it means lower odds of spreading it.

I wonder...do you put up the same fuss over the flu vaccines that are less effective, statistically, at preventing flu than the covid vaccine are at preventing covid?

You completely ignored the study I posted, which is undisputed, that shows almost no infection prevention after a few months.

Infection ≠ Serious hospitalization or death, which is reduced by the vaccine. But it doesn't reduce the spread for more than a few months, which means mandates are unjustified.

But you're just trolling at this point, so carry on.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Negatory said:

That is like 5% of the total force. Time to do more with less I guess.

Its a lot though. I mean we are already 10% short on pilots. Assuming an equal cut across each AFSC that is going to REALLY hurt. 

20 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Agree. BUT…even if it’s theater, it makes a good portion of the population more comfortable with going about their daily lives. I look at it as a small price to pay to get people on airplanes, into stores and restaurants, keep the kids going to school, & generally keep the economy moving. 

13 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Agree. BUT…even if it’s theater, it makes a good portion of the population more comfortable with going about their daily lives. I look at it as a small price to pay to get people on airplanes, into stores and restaurants, keep the kids going to school, & generally keep the economy moving. 

If you live in a red state you'd know that commerce needs no such encouragement. People are uncomfortable because they are being told they should be. In the places where they aren't being frightened they are back to regular life.

This stopped being about disease spread a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

If you live in a red state you'd know that commerce needs no such encouragement. People are uncomfortable because they are being told they should be. In the places where they aren't being frightened they are back to regular life.

This stopped being about disease spread a year ago.

That may be true, but like it or not, Texas’s and California’s economies are intertwined. You live in a country that’s half blue. You don’t have to like it, but that’s reality. I choose to take a realist’s position here and “play the game” when it comes to masking. It’s such a small sacrifice, I really fail to understand all the histrionics behind the “masks are tyranny” crowd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Prozac said:

That may be true, but like it or not, Texas’s and California’s economies are intertwined. You live in a country that’s half blue. You don’t have to like it, but that’s reality. I choose to take a realist’s position here and “play the game” when it comes to masking. It’s such a small sacrifice, I really fail to understand all the histrionics behind the “masks are tyranny” crowd. 

Sort of agree with you. My biggest agitation with masking though is communication and relationships. I PCS'd just as COVID started and Ive been unable to make very few friends in my new community. Masking really does effect our ability to process empathy and connection. Of course other social distancing measures are doing the same but masking is the one that is driving me nuts. Similarly I'm worried what effect that's going to have long term on children since 90% of your emotional development is complete by age 10. Would not be surprised if we have an incredibly high number of adults with anti social personality order in 10 years because their brains wired them to believe people were objects and had no agency. It's bizarre and with kids mainly, I think we need to pay more attention to it. 

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

I choose to take a realist’s position here and “play the game” when it comes to masking.

You choose to play the game, and that's fine.  I choose not to.  *Except there are many situations that I'm not allowed to choose, and neither are my children, and that's the problem.

The other problem is that games have an ending.  But this one goes on and on and on. 

This is why I cringe when people use the term "Game Changer:"

--"The vaccine is going to be a game changer."

--"Once it's approved for kids, well, hallelujah, that'll be a game changer."

--"Merck/Pfizer's covid pill is a total game changer."

......I know it's just an expression, but it's pretty obnoxious given that the game NEVER ACTUALLY CHANGES.

"I was told 5 game changers ago that the game would change?"

"Silence, covidiot,....cinch your mask tight and await your next jab.  There's a new variant, and it's really scary."

Ohh, and the portion of the population that "feels more comfortable going about their daily lives" can feel comfortable with their vaccine and their mask.  I'm fine with that.  But it's not on me to engage in acts of theater to help them with their mental disorder.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

This is rather ironic to come from someone who believes in mandates, if I understand your position correctly.

I'm a huge fan of the states' rights concept, so if California wants to lock down forever, more power to them. But mandating citizens in Texas wear masks or get vaccinated because California politicians have terrified their population is retarded. And anti-American.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

This is rather ironic to come from someone who believes in mandates, if I understand your position correctly.

I'm a huge fan of the states' rights concept, so if California wants to lock down forever, more power to them. But mandating citizens in Texas wear masks or get vaccinated because California politicians have terrified their population is retarded. And anti-American.

Screaming "State's rights" isn't gonna get your stuff from the California ports to Texas.

Putting a mask on might. 

• Downvote 1