Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

For those who are unvaccinated:

Undersecretary of defense has released a memo that requires all active duty or full time reservist / guardsmen to get approval for official travel in or out of country. And does not allow for any personal travel on leave. So you can only travel in official capacity if approved by the under Secretary or one level lower.

1 hour ago, Buddy Spike said:

Ah yes, report to the nearest reeducation camp for training.

I understand the nuance.  It’s the people screaming “RACISM” against a threat country that seem to be struggling here.  Including yourself.  

"Ethnic slurs are cool as long as it's a threat country".

• Upvote 1

Ah yes, report to the nearest reeducation camp for training.
I understand the nuance.  It’s the people screaming “RACISM” against a threat country that seem to be struggling here.  Including yourself.  
There's a difference between chinese ethnicity and the PRC.

Throw all the spears you want at China the country and their government which is driving the threat our nation. But realize that there AMERICANS who also of chinese or other Asian ethnicities that suffer when those kinds of slurs are thrown around.

Or are you okay if our government rounds up American citizens of Chinese ethnicity and throw them in internment camps like we did to Japanese Americans in WW2? (Also, why weren't German Americans thrown in camps as well? Two theater war and all)

“I’m Asian. It’s ing racist.”  How does you being Asian allow you to change the definition of race or racism?  
Because when assholes throw that slur in your face, they actually don't care if you're Chinese or not, being Asian is close enough to them, and besides, they all look the same anyways.

There's a considerable overlap of racists and bigots.
  • Upvote 1

On 9/29/2021 at 9:09 AM, pawnman said:

But the vaccines DO reduce transmission.  It's the same fallacy as the mask.  Vaccines reduce the transmission rate, but they don't reduce it to zero.

And there are plenty of at-risk folks who can't get vaccinated due to other factors.  Seems kinda callous to say "eh, I won't inconvenience myself by wearing a mask indoors, those people will just die off".  I mean...I don't support the idea of wearing a mask full time, all the time, everywhere.  But the idea of throwing one on before going into a grocery store doesn't really bother me.

False.

https://t.me/TommyRobinsonNews/26576

CDC director Rochelle Walensky now admits that the "vaccine" cannot prevent transmission.

1 hour ago, jazzdude said:

There's a difference between chinese ethnicity and the PRC.

Throw all the spears you want at China the country and their government which is driving the threat our nation. But realize that there AMERICANS who also of chinese or other Asian ethnicities that suffer when those kinds of slurs are thrown around.

Or are you okay if our government rounds up American citizens of Chinese ethnicity and throw them in internment camps like we did to Japanese Americans in WW2? (Also, why weren't German Americans thrown in camps as well? Two theater war and all)

There’s a book on this topic worth reading if you have some spare time.  It’s called War Without Mercy by John W. Dower.  I don’t agree with everything he posits in the book and it’s kinda dryly written but Dower does a good job of showing how large a part racism played a factor on both sides in the Pacific theater.  
  I’d apologize for the thread derailment but IMO this thread ran way off the tracks about 24 pages ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arg said:

Won't you be surprised when you learn there's a lot of truth in what you wrote.

Look, dude: is the system perfect? Far from it. Do (gasp) politics sometimes play a role in various bureaucratic processes? Of course. Does that mean you should never trust the FDA again? Up to you, but if you say no, you might want to avoid the supermarket because you currently rely on the FDA (your government) to guarantee the safety of everything from ground beef to toothpaste. Flawed as they are, I would rather trust them than altrightcirclejerk.com to ensure the safety of the shit that I consume. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JQuintana said:

The dude said a slur that’s directed at Asian people, Chinese or otherwise. Period. I’m Asian. Its fu*king racist. 

Calling someone that isn’t your run of the mill shit talk.  If someone said that slur to me while sitting at the Sq bar, I’d punch them in the mouth. 

Again, as I've pointed out earlier, I was not defending the use of that slur or any ethnic slur. I was commenting on the insane shiite that others were posting that got my attention (e.g. denying service to fatbodies, smokers, drinkers, anybody else that does things they don't approve of). It is the willingness to join the power hungry mob by some here, that surprised me.

Holders of FAA-issued Airman Medical Certificates or Medical Clearances may receive the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; however, a 48-hour no fly/no safety related duty interval must be observed after each dose.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/medical_certification/

Is there precedence for no fly after injection?  

I was commenting on the insane shiite that others were posting that got my attention (e.g. denying service to fatbodies, smokers, drinkers, anybody else that does things they don't approve of). It is the willingness to join the power hungry mob by some here, that surprised me.

Politics has unfortunately just become divide and conquer, rather than working towards the overall common good for the nation. It's become more about "owning the libs" and the like. But that's just a consequence of our two party system, especially once people starting weaving their political affiliation as part of their personal identity.

COVID has exacerbated this divide. The far right insist that COVID isn't real, or at worst just a cold. The far left views the science on COVID response as final and fully understood problem that can be solved with a return to prepandemic life with 100% vaccination. But in either case, if you're not toeing the party line, you're viewed as part of the problem.

Somewhere along the way we lost the notion that as a country we're all Americans, and that we're all looking to live a life we find happy and fulfilling.

(As an aside since the topic of race came up in this thread, when people ask what I am/what's my background, telling them "I'm an American" never suffices in the US, despite me being born here and being raised within the cultural norms/values of America and not those of my ethnic background. "Yeah, but where are you really from?...”)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/medical_certification/

Is there precedence for no fly after injection?  

Short answer is yes.  There are other vaccines that have/had a mandatory DNIF period after receiving the vaccine.  As an example, the Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine (JEV) used to be a 3 shot series when I had to get it back in 2010.  I was DNIF for 2/3/2 days after each injection if I remember correctly. 

As an aside, I think the DoD has finally upgraded to the 2 shot JEV, don't know if that one has any DNIFing actions following the injections. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Pretty sure I was DNIF for 24/48 hours after smallpox.

I had to google to see why you got a smallpox shot as an adult. I'm old enough to have gotten that as a kid but in my quick 5 minute research saw that the US stopped smallpox shots in 1972 except in certain situations. It appears even in the military, only certain people receive it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bfargin said:

I had to google to see why you got a smallpox shot as an adult. I'm old enough to have gotten that as a kid but in my quick 5 minute research saw that the US stopped smallpox shots in 1972 except in certain situations. It appears even in the military, only certain people receive it.

I definitely got one before my first deployment to AUAB.

47 minutes ago, bfargin said:

Lol I'm getting old but not that old.  I had to get mine when I showed at my first ops unit back in 2005.  As a funny anecdote, on my deployment last year, NONE of the guys I was deployed with had seen the movie from which your screen quote is from.  Literally hurt my insides.

14 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Because when assholes throw that slur in your face, they actually don't care if you're Chinese or not, being Asian is close enough to them, and besides, they all look the same anyways.

There's a considerable overlap of racists and bigots.

Screaming racism at everything waters down actual racism.  Just like the morons who were "so offended" by calling this the Wuhan Flu or China Virus when it originated in the Wuhan Lab.  

Don't worry though, the actual Chinese country (who are actually racist and committing genocide) aren't weak enough to be offended.  Continue being offended for them, though.  They appreciate it.  Doubt you'll get any special treatment though when they further expand their interests at our expense.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Screaming racism at everything waters down actual racism.  Just like the morons who were "so offended" by calling this the Wuhan Flu or China Virus when it originated in the Wuhan Lab.  
Don't worry though, the actual Chinese country (who are actually racist and committing genocide) aren't weak enough to be offended.  Continue being offended for them, though.  They appreciate it.  Doubt you'll get any special treatment though when they further expand their interests at our expense.  

I'm not getting offended on someone else's behalf. I've had those kinds of slurs thrown at me based on my ethnicity (including the one that sparked this whole thread derailment), so yeah, I'd say that it makes this a personal issue that I've had to deal with.

China is a threat to our national interests, I don't think anyone here is debating that point. But you can't seem to understand that an ethnic slur targeted at China the country also applies to people of chinese ethnicity in other countries, or how it's also used as a racial slur for East Asians in general. Or how that attitude and rhetoric seeps into how asian-americans are treated in our own country. Incidentally, first time gun ownership among Asian Americans has risen significantly during the pandemic.

Oh, and Uyghurs are considered by some definitions as Asian too (in fact, US considers then to be a subset of the Chinese ethnicity), so China can't be racist towards that minority. That's watering down the meaning of racism, "wOrDs HaVe MeAnInG". It's still wrong, and the international community shouldn't tolerate China's actions towards that minority, but we've collectively sold our soul to China over the past few decades in order to access cheap manufacturing. Then again, according to the UN, racism includes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, and national origin, so racist is the correct term.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

I definitely got one before my first deployment to AUAB.

Sorry, didn’t mean to seem like i was questioning your word. i just thought it was gone/eradicated and nobody was still needing that shot. From more looking, it seems like it’s virtually eradicated but that there is still a slight possibility of contact in some places around the globe.

1 minute ago, bfargin said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to seem like i was questioning your word. i just thought it was gone/eradicated and nobody was still needing that shot. From more looking, it seems like it’s virtually eradicated but that there is still a slight possibility of contact in some places around the globe.

Yeah, no problem. I don't think it's common unless you're deploying to a place where it's still prevalent. 

But it is a vaccine I was required to get that carried a temporary DNIF.

I could be mistaken... doesn't even the annual flu vaccine have a verbal DNIF period? Like 12 hours or something? Or I could be thinking something else...