Covid Injection Tyranny - Share and Discuss

Let me ask the mods directly: Why have my posts taking issue with another member’s use of a racial slur been removed? I see the post with the slur is still up. Please don’t tell me you are ok with a post using the word “ch**k” but not with posts questioning whether we want that here. I have enjoyed the banter here for many years. It gets spicy at times & is definitely not constrained by political correctness. That said, I believe racial slurs cross a line & that said line exists on this forum. I’d really like to continue to believe that is true. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

I think you’re misreading this one; I used to believe the same.

That study doesn’t compare vaccinated infection rates to infection rates of those who recovered from COVID.

It looks only at people who recovered from COVID: it compares people who recovered from COVID in 2020 and were unvaxed to people who recovered from COVID in 2020 and were vaxed. It showed that vaccines help even those who had the disease already. But it doesn’t show what you said.

There are actual cited studies on here that show that natural immunity is potentially more effective against the virus than pure vaccination. I think somewhere it was like 5-10x as effective as vaccination, actually, for a time period. It has been posted here.

Now there are other factors we can discuss, such as almost a third of Covid infections not resulting in effective antibodies, or natural immunity fading significantly faster than vaccination, but let’s be specific.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/9/21-1042_article

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947a2.htm

My point is that it shows why people who have recovered from covid should still get vaccinated. 

Slightly off-topic: 94% of the Air and Space Force have gotten at least one shot.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/09/29/94-air-force-vaccine-reluctance-falls-away-deadline-approaches.html

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm late to the fight. Use of racial slurs will absolutely not be accepted. Not in original posts or quotes. I'm removing them now. The original poster has been warned and all of his content must be approved by a moderator UFN. Prozac, your posts were hidden because you quoted the racial slur. I don't really have the time nor inclination to deal with racial slurs, in original posts or quotes. 

Knock it off

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Let me ask the mods directly: Why have my posts taking issue with another member’s use of a racial slur been removed? I see the post with the slur is still up. Please don’t tell me you are ok with a post using the word “c**k” but not with posts questioning whether we want that here. I have enjoyed the banter here for many years. It gets spicy at times & is definitely not constrained by political correctness. That said, I believe racial slurs cross a line & that said line exists on this forum. I’d really like to continue to believe that is true. 
Yeah, my bad on the original post still standing, that was in error.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DFRESH said:

I'm late to the fight. Use of racial slurs will absolutely not be accepted. Not in original posts or quotes. I'm removing them now. The original poster has been warned and all of his content must be approved by a moderator UFN. Prozac, your posts were hidden because you quoted the racial slur. I don't really have the time nor inclination to deal with racial slurs, in original posts or quotes. 

Knock it off

Point of order - China is a country not a race.  

• Like 1

Holy shiite this thread is scaring me. I can't believe this group has so many authoritarians in it. I assumed we were all Americans and mostly military members or at least members who served and swore an oath to defend the constitution. Some of you are straight out militant on your authoritarianism. Hopefully you are talking shit like you are sitting at a bar, otherwise you should be separated immediately and not placed any any senior level position.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Holy shiite this thread is scaring me. I can't believe this group has so many authoritarians in it. I assumed we were all Americans and mostly military members or at least members who served and swore an oath to defend the constitution. Some of you are straight out militant on your authoritarianism. Hopefully you are talking shit like you are sitting at a bar, otherwise you should be separated immediately and not placed any any senior level position.
I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that the removal of a racial slur = I'm not fit for command.

43 minutes ago, DFRESH said:

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that the removal of a racial slur = I'm not fit for command.

What? Did I accidentally tag you or something? If you've been reading in this thread you should have a good idea of who's posts and all around dumbassery I'm talking about.

What? Did I accidentally tag you or something? If you've been reading in this thread you should have a good idea of who's posts and all around dumbassery I'm talking about.
Copy rog. The timing of your post was immediately following my pitch in. Your comment on total authoritarian nature could have been directed at my decision to delete posts that included a racial slur.

All good, bugging out of this one now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bfargin said:

It's scaring me to think we have this many officers who think they can willfully disobey lawful orders by calling their superiors authoritarians.

• Downvote 7

I definitely agree!  Sadly I don’t think that you would support such a measure…or maybe you would?
I don't drink, so it wouldn't bother me. But I have plenty of family and friends who drink responsibly, and think it's worth covering as it's common enough of a vice. Plus it's hard for insurance companies to measure "too much" alcohol consumption, especially compared to something like tobacco use.

1 hour ago, DFRESH said:

And? The term that was used is a racial slur against folks of Asian persuasion.

It’s gone so I can’t go back and look, but IIRC it was directed at China, not “Asian persuasion,” since it was in the context of the Wuhan Virus.  I could be wrong, though.  I think we throw around “racist” far too much.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, jazzdude said:
7 hours ago, HeloDude said:
I definitely agree!  Sadly I don’t think that you would support such a measure…or maybe you would?

I don't drink, so it wouldn't bother me. But I have plenty of family and friends who drink responsibly, and think it's worth covering as it's common enough of a vice. Plus it's hard for insurance companies to measure "too much" alcohol consumption, especially compared to something like tobacco use.

I don’t think it’s hard for medical providers to determine if the need for care had to do with consuming alcohol—certain liver issues, injured while driving intoxicated, etc.  So why cover it at all?  No one needs to drink (I no longer drink as well), so why cover what isn’t necessary?

The only way to fix our medical/healthcare system is to totally remove the government regulations forcing hospitals to provide care, forcing insurance companies to cover high risk individuals, etc.  But since the vast majority of Americans have been conditioned to believe that more government involvement improves their lives, well, here we are. 

Oh and the people I know who are refusing the shot are some of the healthiest I know—not overweight, exercise regularly, eat well, you name it.  So whoever posted the opposite, here’s another anecdotal data point.

• Upvote 2

It’s gone so I can’t go back and look, but IIRC it was directed at China, not “Asian persuasion,” since it was in the context of the Wuhan Virus.  I could be wrong, though.  I think we throw around “racist” far too much.    

So because it was “directed at China” that makes the slur okay? I’m sure there are millions of people of Chinese descent living in the US and elsewhere who would give you a pass for using it with that explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

So because it was “directed at China” that makes the slur okay? I’m sure there are millions of people of Chinese descent living in the US and elsewhere who would give you a pass for using it with that explanation.

This. Nobody would argue the N word is ok to throw around as long as it’s only directed at Nigerians. 

7 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Possibly.  China is a threat country that unleashed this virus onto the world.  Have you ever heard a WWII vet talk about Japan or Germany?  Or a Vietnam vet talk about the VC?  

There is a difference between “of Chinese descent in the US” and the country.  I would absolutely give anyone a pass for the country.  Fuck China.  

23 minutes ago, Buddy Spike said:

Possibly.  China is a threat country that unleashed this virus onto the world.  Have you ever heard a WWII vet talk about Japan or Germany?  Or a Vietnam vet talk about the VC?  

There is a difference between “of Chinese descent in the US” and the country.  I would absolutely give anyone a pass for the country.  Fuck China.  

Needs more punisher logo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Buddy Spike said:

Yeah, and I'd definitely tell grampa it wasn't OK to use ethnic slurs related to either the Japanese or Vietnamese.

What's your point?

Let’s not move the goal posts. No one is arguing that using that word is ok. Or that it’s not a slur. Just that it’s not a racist slur as China isn’t a race. These are just facts that have no emotions and don’t care about peoples feelings. Show me where anyone is advocating for use of the word he used please?

But it can be shown where people called it racist and by definition it is not. Is it dumb? A put down? Awful? And poor usage of the English language? Likely all yes. But it isn’t racist.
  • Upvote 1

Let’s not move the goal posts. No one is arguing that using that word is ok. Or that it’s not a slur. Just that it’s not a racist slur as China isn’t a race. These are just facts that have no emotions and don’t care about peoples feelings. Show me where anyone is advocating for use of the word he used please?

But it can be shown where people called it racist and by definition it is not. Is it dumb? A put down? Awful? And poor usage of the English language? Likely all yes. But it isn’t racist.
Fine. Chinese isn't a race, but it is an ethnicity. So it's not a racist slur, but an ethnic slur. Not really any better in my book.
  • Upvote 1