What's something good the USAF is doing?

What's something you've experienced recently from the Air Force that's been positive? Doesn't matter if it's something the Air Force officially is doing, did for you, or something good you got from it. Let's get some enlightening posts shared around here!

Pic stolen from another thread…

image.jpeg.b5f2569b42bc5fb7c6fa5812db7a2a23.jpegThe Air Force isn’t a bunch of 4 stars in the pentagon. It’s not some politically appointed civilian SecAf and it’s not Curtis LeMay rolling in his grave. If there’s one thing I learned during my time in the AF it’s that Airmen, NCOs, and CGOs are the really important people who make the whole thing work. The Air Force is you guys and you guys do some really good shit every day. I’m proud of all of you and even more proud to have served with many of you. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

The Air Force is good at paying me on time on the 1st and 15th of every month...

They can't even get my pay right for me.   Flight pay is still jacked after 3 years.  Never mind how bad they jacked up my TSP payments last year.  Or, even though I emailed/called/pleaded with them that I shouldn't be getting with the w/dep rate, they paid me that for an entire set of orders on a deployment.  Now I get to look forward to a year or so of debt payments taking most of my part time paycheck.  Maybe some day they'll get it right...

38 minutes ago, SocialD said:

They can't even get my pay right for me.   Flight pay is still jacked after 3 years.  Never mind how bad they jacked up my TSP payments last year.  Or, even though I emailed/called/pleaded with them that I shouldn't be getting with the w/dep rate, they paid me that for an entire set of orders on a deployment.  Now I get to look forward to a year or so of debt payments taking most of my part time paycheck.  Maybe some day they'll get it right...

I think you missed the title of this thread… 8-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

I think you missed the title of this thread… 8-)

It is good that the AF consistently messes everything up, predictability is good...right? Otherwise we would all be anxious with uncertainty!!! And knowing the future is good, unlike current events...

• Upvote 2

Most recently, they covered the birth of my second child and even gave me 21 days off after the event.

As much as people (myself included) sport bitch about the DoD, the institution hasn’t irreparably wronged me/the family yet. I know this isn’t the case for everyone. At a time when many were unable to work due to government overreach and freedom hoarding, I continued to get paid and did so with a smile on my face. 

Most recently, they covered the birth of my second child and even gave me 21 days off after the event.
As much as people (myself included) sport bitch about the DoD, the institution hasn’t irreparably wronged me/the family yet. I know this isn’t the case for everyone. At a time when many were unable to work due to government overreach and freedom hoarding, I continued to get paid and did so with a smile on my face. 

Similar boat as well, except for my first child. On top of that, it was a difficult/complex childbirth resulting in a weeklong hospital stay, during which my boss considered my duty location to be the hospital while mom and our newborn were there.

Access to the military chaplain helped us get through/talk through some significant emotional events during that hospital stay.

It was great having the 3 weeks of (paid) paternity leave to help care for my kid and take a lot of the burden off of my wife so she could have an easier recovery and not feel overwhelmed.
  • Upvote 3

On 8/19/2021 at 7:45 AM, CharlieHotel47 said:

We can now wear regular multicam hats with our multicams... which is pissing the hell out the army guys having to wear the regular standard issue one. 

They hate us because they ain't us 😎 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:52 AM, Hunter Rose said:

The Air Force is good at paying me on time on the 1st and 15th of every month...

Gotta take it where you can get it. Could be worse and get paid monthly lol.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, Bozo said:

The Air Force is good at crushing my mental health by sending me on back-to-back-to-back staff jobs (to include deploying me to a staff job from a staff job).

On the bright side, the clownish fire rises within you. Use it for good when you're out.

4 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

I was talking to a gym rat about some t-shirt he had on..turns out he was a Navstar GPS operator.  That's a good thing..

What t-shirt did he have on?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, dogfish78 said:

They hate us because they ain't us 😎 

Gotta take it where you can get it. Could be worse and get paid monthly lol.

On the bright side, the clownish fire rises within you. Use it for good when you're out.

What t-shirt did he have on?

"Cecil's Track of the Cat" as I recall..I was once in the dump...