Oshkosh 2021

HuggyU2

Should be a great time.  The people at Oshkosh generally aren't the woke, virtual signaling part of the American public.  Looking forward to getting back after being gone for a few years.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Should be a great time.  The people at Oshkosh generally aren't the woke, virtual signaling part of the American public.  Looking forward to getting back after being gone for a few years.  

While I'm not really bought into the culture war debates, I did find it ironic that your post is literally virtue signaling lol.

Anyway see you all there, should be there with my airline!

Actually flying in this year for the first time. Been following Mike Patey's videos and it looks like the timing is right for Scrappy to be there. Hopefully get to see that. So impressive what that man does.

Scrappy is in front of the Garmin tent.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moosepileit said:
On 7/25/2021 at 12:44 AM, HuggyU2 said:

U2 flyby opens the show today.

Cool.

How does that work?  Direct flight from Beale, do a flyby of OSH, then return to Beale?

Can it be followed on FlightRadar24, FlightAware, etc?

Yes, it's a single flight with a drop in. I think it is roughly a 9 hour sortie. 
Night show was Rolex'd to tonight because of WX, but the SOS Tent and Acee Deucey ended up being a lot of fun.  You can't go long without running into someone you know. 
The Oshkosh locals are great hosts. 

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Can't recall seeing any paint scheme like that. Anybody know the background behind it?

Special 100 year blacksnake paint scheme from the Fort Wayne, IN ANG unit.  

Edited by Tank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeA10 said:

Can't recall seeing any paint scheme like that. Anybody know the background behind it?

100th Anniversary paint scheme of the 163FS in Ft Wayne.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1