Realistic chances?

Going for rated pilot slot, will be applying for AD, ANG, and Reserves. Age: 21 AFOQT: P: 89 N:36 A: 37 V: 33 Q: 44 with 400 flight hours. PCSM score of 83. Bachelors in Aviation with FAA Commercial CSEL and CMEL ratings, GPA of 3.93. Working on my CFI now. Additionally, I am pursuing a master's degree in Aviation Safety.

Leadership: President of Student Council. Elected as a Senator in Student Government. Served on various committees throughout the university.

LORs: College prof, Retired O-5, and current Flight Surgeon O-6, Dean of my college

Edited by Dreamer1

Age 21 you are in an awesome position with your current credentials. I would retake the AFOQT and raise your Pilot and Navs into the 90s. 30-40s for the other sections is pretty low and those numbers stick out like a sore thumb. Raise them to the 70s at least.
Last but not least, if getting into a local guard unit is at the top of your list, I would highly recommend enlisting in a AFSC that works closely with pilots.
I enlisted at 22 and got my pilot slot at 27 (completed my degree at 25). You’re young, you are steps ahead of many. Put yourself even further.

Great start! You're young and have plenty of time. Recommend retaking AFOQT and TBAS. I had similar scores on my AFOQT (3 30s) and it worked out in the end. Focus on which mission/location you are interested in and Rush those squadrons. Meeting the guys/gals is very important, if allowed.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...