2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

On 2/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, FlyGuy said:

Anybody with a 17 Mar IFT start date?  I got the RIP yesterday but it says 9 May CGD.  That can't be right, it should be April sometime.

According to AFPC I have a 17 March IFT start date but I haven’t received my RIP yet. 

11 minutes ago, Dart_21 said:

According to AFPC I have a 17 March IFT start date but I haven’t received my RIP yet. 

Get with formal training (FSS/FSDE) and request it. It might be loaded, they just haven't sent it to you.

Update: I asked AFPC and they said the CGD is 20 Apr for a 17 Mar CSD. Not sure why all the RIPs are wrong, but it is definitely making travel and work planning more difficult.

Anyone else still waiting on any info at all for UPT? I reached out to AFPC and they had to reach out to another party that still has not gotten back to them. Last name is towards the middle of the alphabet so wondering if my stuff was lost in the ether lol. Just trying to figure out if I can actually knock out SOS before heading to training.

14 hours ago, FlyGuy said:

Get with formal training (FSS/FSDE) and request it. It might be loaded, they just haven't sent it to you.

Update: I asked AFPC and they said the CGD is 20 Apr for a 17 Mar CSD. Not sure why all the RIPs are wrong, but it is definitely making travel and work planning more difficult.

The weird part is my formal training says there is nothing loaded in MILPDS for me… like I even got my PCS assignment notification to Vance but not training RIP for IFT… it’s strange 

8 minutes ago, Magzz said:

Finally got my UPT base/dates!! Headed to Vance with a RNLTD of 29 Aug and start date of 6 Oct. I'm looking to get a place off base with 1 or 2 people and pocket the rest of the BAH. If anyone is interested shoot me a message!

Looks like we might be classmates! I'll shoot you a DM. 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, FlyGuy said:

Anyone going to MFS 10 Mar? I will be landing at DAY @ 1341 on 9 Mar and will have a rental car.  Just throwing it out there if anyone wants a ride.

Yes! I'll be there 10 March.  Landing at 1332 and would love to meet up and get to know some folks.  

• Like 1

Anyone have any tips for MFS?  Not quite sure what to expect.  I also have LASIK, so looks like I need to get back into DTS and change my flights around so I'm leaving after 1400. 

Additionally, I didn't get any info in my RIP about the course itself and the ETCA website didn't work, so here's a link that may help some people out: https://www.afrl.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Fact-Sheet-Display/Article/2336839/usafsam-fci-medical-flight-screening/ 

• Like 1

Anyone have any tips for MFS?  Not quite sure what to expect.  I also have LASIK, so looks like I need to get back into DTS and change my flights around so I'm leaving after 1400. 

Additionally, I didn't get any info in my RIP about the course itself and the ETCA website didn't work, so here's a link that may help some people out: https://www.afrl.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Fact-Sheet-Display/Article/2336839/usafsam-fci-medical-flight-screening/ 

There aren’t really any tips… it’s hurry up and wait all day. As far as LASIK I didn’t have anything extra while I was there(I had lasik as well). I would still change your flight though because our last day we didn’t get out of the building until like 1530 I think and that was due to the testing on the computer.

Just go in there have fun make some new friends and don’t worry about it. Nothing you can do to prevent anything that may come up while you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 hour ago, OldmanUFT21 said:

There aren’t really any tips… it’s hurry up and wait all day. As far as LASIK I didn’t have anything extra while I was there(I had lasik as well). I would still change your flight though because our last day we didn’t get out of the building until like 1530 I think and that was due to the testing on the computer.

Just go in there have fun make some new friends and don’t worry about it. Nothing you can do to prevent anything that may come up while you are there.

Thanks man, got the flights changed!  Hopefully the testing isn't too painful.  That link I posted earlier had a lot of good info on what to expect though.  I'm looking forward to meeting new people the most though. 

• Like 2

Thanks man, got the flights changed!  Hopefully the testing isn't too painful.  That link I posted earlier had a lot of good info on what to expect though.  I'm looking forward to meeting new people the most though. 

Testing wasn’t painful to me but it did get hard to keep focused as there are a lot of questions haha

Random question for anyone that might be able to answer - what exactly are we supposed to do for name tags for IFT?  I'm not sure we're supposed to use real ones since nobody has their wings yet that's coming in from the Active Duty officer side.  I haven't seen any guidance on this, and the IFT pre-arrival packet just says to get name tags, nothing specific.  

Also, for the MAJCOM patch, I'm planning on using my current MAJCOM since my PAS code hasn't changed yet and I'm technically not a part of AETC. 

Has anyone heard anything official on either of these topics?