2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

12 minutes ago, Av8 said:

I've got MFS scheduled for 10 Feb and haven't heard anything except my unit asking me to sign a training RIP. Tried calling and emailing the MFS number from their website, but haven't gotten through. How did you guys find the LOA/details about the TDY?

TDY-to-School POC reached out via email with LOA/DTS guidance. MFS rep reached out via email as well soon after. 

4 hours ago, Av8 said:

I've got MFS scheduled for 10 Feb and haven't heard anything except my unit asking me to sign a training RIP. Tried calling and emailing the MFS number from their website, but haven't gotten through. How did you guys find the LOA/details about the TDY?

After you sign the RIP, your UTM will send it up.  Then you'll get an email from AETC saying your LOA has been preloaded into DTS.  Then you can accomplish your DTS authorization.  You should also get an email from the MFS POC with the instructions.  I got mine 9 days from my scheduled physical.

My MFS was just moved from this Thursday to next Monday due to the inclement weather rolling in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolCar said:

After you sign the RIP, your UTM will send it up.  Then you'll get an email from AETC saying your LOA has been preloaded into DTS.  Then you can accomplish your DTS authorization.  You should also get an email from the MFS POC with the instructions.  I got mine 9 days from my scheduled physical.

My MFS was just moved from this Thursday to next Monday due to the inclement weather rolling in.

Someone reach out to you direct to reschedule your appointment or just notice CDB update? 

3 hours ago, FlyGuy said:

I recommend everyone check their CDB often.  I orginally had a 17 Mar MFS and completed the training RIP.  Today I am now showing a 10 Mar MFS date.

Interesting they would change it after the RIP. Now they have to cut a CNX RIP in addition to the new one. I wonder what is causing the thrash. 

50 minutes ago, UCThopeful said:

Got my Advanced Assignment Notification for UCT. RNLTD of 4 Apr.

Where did you get this notice from? I'm a URT select but don't need to go to MFS so just curious when I'd be hearing anything. CDB doesn't show anything as of now.

Thanks y'all! I am glad I don't have to wait around forever. I know that it will probably be wait for you URT and UPT folks though. Hopefully the pipeline opens up a bit and they can get you in sooner rather than later. I would at least rather PCS and be on Casual Status.

18 hours ago, DBlue said:

Someone reach out to you direct to reschedule your appointment or just notice CDB update? 

No CDB update (still shows 3 Feb).  The MFS POC called my cell and updated me, as well as sent an email, so I amended my DTS orders and adjusted the itinerary/booked new flights.

2 hours ago, CoolCar said:

No CDB update (still shows 3 Feb).  The MFS POC called my cell and updated me, as well as sent an email, so I amended my DTS orders and adjusted the itinerary/booked new flights.

Ah, nice. Glad it was all cleared up quickly 

3 hours ago, Renn02 said:

Yes, me! I reached out to the org box to see if I actually need to go. I'll post again if/when I hear back.

Still haven't heard back, but I found a welcome packet dated Jan 2021 with this "NOTE: PRIVATE PILOT CERTIFICATE (PPC) HOLDERS OR HIGHER ARE PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING IFT WITHOUT A WAIVER FROM AETC." Will follow up when I actually hear back. 

Here's a link to the welcome packet for anyone interested. https://www.l3harris.com/sites/default/files/2020-09/as-mt-datasheet-doss-arrival-Guide.pdf 

3 hours ago, Mridinger said:

I also got an IFT training RIP. I have a PPL but still want to attend so this was a pleasant surprise but I’m not sure this was meant for me?

I’ve got my PPL too, would love to have an opportunity to go.