2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

The portal page says 30-45 days after official notification expect to start receiving assignment RIPs for training with events (presumably MFS) starting as early as March 2022. 

Perusing the '21 board forum here some selectees haven't even started UPT yet so it would seem the pipeline is in one heck of a logjam right now. 

15 minutes ago, BackseatBallast said:

The portal page says 30-45 days after official notification expect to start receiving assignment RIPs for training with events (presumably MFS) starting as early as March 2022. 

Perusing the '21 board forum here some selectees haven't even started UPT yet so it would seem the pipeline is in one heck of a logjam right now. 

Yep everything is pretty backed up right now. Covid did a # on all the pipelines. My Sq at randolph was blessed to not get hit that hard but we were only pumping out about 80% of our RPA pilot quota. Whereas the 2 t38 sq's got crushed, they had to shutdown for 2wks and are still flying on the weekends to catch up, all the PIT sqs are actually. This snowballs in 2 ways, fewer IPs to teach and a slower IFF process for the fighter guys means slower UPT process overall. 

Edited by ZE14

3 hours ago, Grizzlyyyy said:

I reached out to AFPC/DP2OR about generic timelines for UPT selects specifically and was told their working to load MFS dates right now for those that need it, followed by IFT. Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I was told late Spring-Summer for IFT and Fall PCS......... a bit later than I had hoped.

I was under the impression that after MFS that you would PCS and go to IFT from there. IP friends of mine told me they never had anyone go to IFT prior to their PCS.

15 minutes ago, Bean said:

I was under the impression that after MFS that you would PCS and go to IFT from there. IP friends of mine told me they never had anyone go to IFT prior to their PCS.

No, you'll tdy from your current base. I think it actually says that in the PSDM release. But when I went to IFT, the people who cross flowed from other career fields took a tdy from the base they were at before their PCS. 

1 hour ago, Arkbird said:

Oh jeez. I just realized I'm already tdy until March. I hope they don't try to send me to MFS next month. 

Email the org box about your situation. They said they have flexibility to move dates around with dates up until 31 March. 

• Upvote 1

For currently rated bros w/ no med issues , current FC1, and PPL...I'm assuming we just get orders for UPT and don't have to go to IFT/MFS again right? Can't imagine big blue would want to spend any extra $ on us to do so, but just wanting to confirm.

1 hour ago, BANDIT_K said:

For currently rated bros w/ no med issues , current FC1, and PPL...I'm assuming we just get orders for UPT and don't have to go to IFT/MFS again right? Can't imagine big blue would want to spend any extra $ on us to do so, but just wanting to confirm.

With a PPL you get to skip IFT, MFS though it depends on when you went there last time but im not sure how long ago it can be. I went through MFS initially for RPAs back in the summer of 2014 and AFPC told me today via email that I have to go back.

Edited by ZE14

6 hours ago, BANDIT_K said:

I don't have an MFS date yet (knock on wood lol) but my FCI also didn't say anything about being approved pending MFS. I hope I don't have to go but I probably will since the flight doc mentioned it when I was getting a waiver for my eyes being weird (not vision related).

7 minutes ago, pixel8td said:

Congrats to all the selects! Curious if any of you know if we essentially re-accomplish the FC1 at MFS? My 2808 is stamped “pending completion of MFS-N”. 

Yea I was wondering the same thing. From what I read MFS-N was just the psychological screening/baseline. But I could very well be completely wrong. 

35 minutes ago, pixel8td said:

Congrats to all the selects! Curious if any of you know if we essentially re-accomplish the FC1 at MFS? My 2808 is stamped “pending completion of MFS-N”. 

No it doesn't, which is why the PSDM states its on you to re-accomplish your FC1 if your 48 months is up before your UPT class start date. Unfortunately, I might be in that bucket if I don't start by November.

Edited by BackseatBallast

I wonder how it will work with a DEROS. I can’t imagine they would send (me in particular) to MFS for a day and then back to Korea. Especially with all the COVID and PCR test requirements, not to mention dateline travel/jet lag. Hoping they just send those of us overseas to our UPT base for casual status and then to subsequent MFS & IFT as needed.

Edited by FlyGuy

9 hours ago, FlyGuy said:

I wonder how it will work with a DEROS. I can’t imagine they would send (me in particular) to MFS for a day and then back to Korea. Especially with all the COVID and PCR test requirements, not to mention dateline travel/jet lag. Hoping they just send those of us overseas to our UPT base for casual status and then to subsequent MFS & IFT as needed.

I wouldn't be shocked if they still send you to WP knowing Big Blue. Reason being, they want to ensure that folks are fully medically qualified before PCsing them. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BANDIT_K said:

My CDB is showing 3 Mar for MFS. I went in 2016 for RPA after OTS, and again in 2019 to get a waiver for my FC1. That place makes me nervous so I'm gonna try and dig a little and see if there is anyway I can get out of it lol.

Can I ask why it makes you nervous? Tryna figure out if I need to mentally prepare to go..I have 3 Feb dates.