2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

7 minutes ago, ZE14 said:

Yes to Randolph and Vance does 2.5 now as well.

Thanks! Just wanted to confirm. I have some T-6 IP friends at all the UPT bases except Randolph so I didn't know if they were still doing it or if they moved it to being strictly at the normal UPT bases.

19 minutes ago, BackseatBallast said:

Is Randolph still a selectable base for UPT now? From articles it sounded like they took 5 classes for training of initial cadre on 2.5 and then might be done. 

Randolph no longer is doing UPT 2.5 IFAIK, just AMF-S. Columbus and Laughlin are expected to start UPT 2.5 this year.

Edited by Sid
  • Upvote 2

I did not get my first choice, so I am trying to determine if I want to accept CSO. My scores were 92p/83pcsm. I just retook the TBAS and have a 92p/94pcsm. I would like to think those numbers would guarantee me a slot next year, but looking at the wide range of selects I am not so sure. If I accept CSO I would be able to apply one more time without an age waiver. I am trying to determine if I should go for it next year or take CSO since being a CSO helps with the package and offers a great backup position! 

53 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

I did not get my first choice, so I am trying to determine if I want to accept CSO. My scores were 92p/83pcsm. I just retook the TBAS and have a 92p/94pcsm. I would like to think those numbers would guarantee me a slot next year, but looking at the wide range of selects I am not so sure. If I accept CSO I would be able to apply one more time without an age waiver. I am trying to determine if I should go for it next year or take CSO since being a CSO helps with the package and offers a great backup position! 

I don’t think numbers ever guarantee you a spot lol. I had a 75 pcsm and got picked up. If you look at the FY22 stats the lowest select had a 17…How’s your whole airmen concept?  Also, just because they had a lot of slots this year doesn’t mean they will have as many next year. 

44 minutes ago, Dart_21 said:

I don’t think numbers ever guarantee you a spot lol. I had a 75 pcsm and got picked up. If you look at the FY22 stats the lowest select had a 17…How’s your whole airmen concept?  Also, just because they had a lot of slots this year doesn’t mean they will have as many next year. 

My 64 pilot score can definitely confirm it's not all numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, That_Guy said:

I’m sure opinions will be split on this, but as folks have said previously numbers alone are no guarantee of a UPT slot. Personally, I’d only accept CSO if you’d be happy serving out the full ADSC as a CSO; only accepting it as a hopeful step to being a pilot could just lead to disappointment and being stuck in a career you don’t really want to be in, so I wouldn’t accept it. But if you’re happy to be a CSO, I say go for it! 

19 hours ago, Arkbird said:

My 64 pilot score can definitely confirm it's not all numbers. 

Yeah that’s what sucks lol. I thought my “well rounded airmen concept” would be my saving grace because I figured my numbers were mid average. Only downside was not finishing the ppl which made me 2 of 2 for applying. My wife is a CSO so things are limited. Might just take CSO and hope the age waiver stays around for the next time I apply. Would hate to apply next year and not get cso or pilot lol. Congrats on getting selected!!!! CSO was the only option I was on the fence about so of course that’s the one I get to ensure my stress levels are up 😂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, That_Guy said:

I would reach out to Chris to see if he can give you feedback. My boss reached out on my behalf last year and I was able to see why I wasn't picked up (I had decent scores 86 PCSM, 96 Pilot, PPL). You can also reach out to people who got what you wanted. I had someone reach out to me last year asking about RPAs (I turned it down) but I had no issue sending my application to him. The numbers don't matter as much as we would think. I reapplied with the same scores and slightly better strats and I got picked up this year. 

Good luck in your decision!

11 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Yeah that’s what sucks lol. I thought my “well rounded airmen concept” would be my saving grace because I figured my numbers were mid average. Only downside was not finishing the ppl which made me 2 of 2 for applying. My wife is a CSO so things are limited. Might just take CSO and hope the age waiver stays around for the next time I apply. Would hate to apply next year and not get cso or pilot lol. Congrats on getting selected!!!! CSO was the only option I was on the fence about so of course that’s the one I get to ensure my stress levels are up 😂

I would double check the Board Results document before you decline if that's what you decide to do. I think there's a blurb in there that states if you had an approved ETP for age, then you are not eligible to reapply. I could be wrong though.

6 hours ago, Renn02 said:

I would reach out to Chris to see if he can give you feedback. My boss reached out on my behalf last year and I was able to see why I wasn't picked up (I had decent scores 86 PCSM, 96 Pilot, PPL). You can also reach out to people who got what you wanted. I had someone reach out to me last year asking about RPAs (I turned it down) but I had no issue sending my application to him. The numbers don't matter as much as we would think. I reapplied with the same scores and slightly better strats and I got picked up this year. 

Good luck in your decision!

Weird part about the strats is that I was 5/6 for my wing and got picked up. I actually think most of the guys at my wing did get picked up which is a little strange but awesome. I'm guessing the board really liked my LoR and personal letter.

Side note, I'm still sad about Randolph not being an option anymore but oh well.

9 hours ago, Arkbird said:

Weird part about the strats is that I was 5/6 for my wing and got picked up. I actually think most of the guys at my wing did get picked up which is a little strange but awesome. I'm guessing the board really liked my LoR and personal letter.

Side note, I'm still sad about Randolph not being an option anymore but oh well.

same about Randolph, I wouldn't have to PCS and just walk across the street.

4 hours ago, Dart_21 said:

On the psdm it mentions that candidates will be notified by FSS and have 7 days to accept or decline. Has anyone been notified?

The PSDM say "should" not "will" be notified. Either way doesn't matter, your 7 days starts on public release and everyone has until COB 25 Jan to decline (further down it say you do not need to notify AFPC if you are accepting).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Init2 said:

I have decided to stop applying. Been at it for a while and I’ve got to move on for the wife and kids. Best of luck

Gotta do what's best for you and the fam! If guard/reserves is an option for you check out bogidope.com. At one point I was looking at the guard route and that website is phenomenal for see what is out there. Best of luck to you!

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, Grizzlyyyy said:

I would double check the Board Results document before you decline if that's what you decide to do. I think there's a blurb in there that states if you had an approved ETP for age, then you are not eligible to reapply. I could be wrong though.

Yeah it does specify that, but I wouldn’t need an age waiver for another 4 years! It’s really determining if I will enjoy CSO as a backup or Acquitions (which is limited at the only base my wife can go to). Fun stuff lol

43 minutes ago, Av8 said:

Does anyone have any update as to when class/IFT/MFS dates will be posted? I think last year it looked like they posted in your CDB a couple days after selection.

I reached out to AFPC/DP2OR about generic timelines for UPT selects specifically and was told their working to load MFS dates right now for those that need it, followed by IFT. Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I was told late Spring-Summer for IFT and Fall PCS......... a bit later than I had hoped.